deploy maximum capsules at once?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Anthlon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

deploy maximum capsules at once?

Post by Anthlon »

Is there any way to deploy full count of following robots from capsules?
For example:
Max robots following you = 40
You do have 10 destroyer capsules (possible 50 fobots outcome)

when don't want to 8x click with delay to gain 40 robot followers, any way to instantly throw max possible capsules?

Ace_W
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: deploy maximum capsules at once?

Post by Ace_W »

I am curious as to the answer myself.
"No! This one goes there! That one goes There! Right?!"

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

I am fairly certain the "instantly" part is what you're not supposed to do. The combat robots have a cooldown for being placed, so I assume that's so you can't quick spam them in combat.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Jap2.0 wrote:I am fairly certain the "instantly" part is what you're not supposed to do. The combat robots have a cooldown for being placed, so I assume that's so you can't quick spam them in combat.
You can just spam them for a few seconds and do so continously while fighting. It takes a few seconds to get to the limit and it's not like you are in danger when your destroyers are low. You just don't go deep and stay a few tiles away from your enemies with PAMKII filled with shields and robot legs. Then they will stay up for such a long time that you have plenty of time to use other items. It's really just a hassle, the destroyers are very strong and the slow spawn time has never felt like a combat weakness to me.

When they time out you just spam them as they die so you don't even have to leave combat. Since you can't spawn all at once they won't die all at once, so you can always have 100% uptime.

So in short, spawning all of them at once is not a combat balance issue at all. Install the mod I linked, if enough people do then it might become a vanilla feature eventually.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

The mod looks good, I was just replying to OP saying "any way to instantly throw max possible capsules?".
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Jap2.0 wrote:The mod looks good, I was just replying to OP saying "any way to instantly throw max possible capsules?".
Yes yes. The mod spawns all (if necessary) destroyers instantly when the natives are in range. So my response was in defence of OP's request and the mod q:

Return to “Gameplay Help”