Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries

Post by YuokiTani »

thanks drs9999 for solving this problem. (i learned a lot from your treefarm-mod code)

i don't have a control.lua in my mod, but treefarm has it, and the lines are commented out. hope Airat9000 you can find this file, or check/update the other mods. for fast simply check, disable my mod.

the current version of treefarm cause some weird error on placeing a Mk2-Farm at line 453.
for me, i resolve this by change the control.lua to

Code: Select all

local rootFrame = game.player.gui.center.add{type = "frame", name = "fieldmk2Root", caption = "Treefarm V2", direction = "vertical"}
- until next release, i rethink some of the items in my mod, and begun restructure the files.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I would highly appreciate it if you could make a post about the bug in the treefarm-forum, because I cannot reproduce it

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

drs9999 wrote:I would highly appreciate it if you could make a post about the bug in the treefarm-forum, because I cannot reproduce it
i have checked this now, and tried replicate that.
i tought i have used a previous version of treefarm-mod, because in current version the "error-line" is now 457 and the error ist gone.
Yep, my used old control.lua is missing lines 18-20 - sorry about the trouble - 1.0.2 works.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

This idea comes from a german Youtube-Let's Play (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8GnQnvF6I)

this limit the pipes to connect up-down or left-right. the picture explain this perfect, i hope. (you see no connection between the pipe-lines - right pipe-line - horizontal pipes - normal pipes connect at any direction)

next update sunday, but a lot of work with graphic for me to do, so maybe update then its done ...
its not the only point, i have changed and added some stuff, not really complicate but maybe not very intuitiv ^^

lordjoda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lordjoda »

I like! Very much!
I'm a german Let's Player. If you like have a look at https://www.youtube.com/user/MightyPiratesLP

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Updated ;)
still some graphics are placeholder

key-changes:
- steam-power-plant produces 5 MW (yes 10x) - but ist rapes your fuel-sources. to feed this beast you can use a new boiler, but its need +1 standard-boiler to gain 100%, because some wierd game-mechanics.
- steam-power-plant counts as primary-energy source - means run always - load-balance works standard
- small-steam-turbine now backup, and turn on only if solar, steam and accu offline.
- i will rework this to give you more options

- form-press - makes pressed-mud balls (later also the briquettes)
- form pressed-mud you can make mud-wall ;) - hardend with steel of course, and the mud is from industial point of view toxic - so best thing to fill these stuff in some ammo and shot this at biters :)
- the pressed-mud has a fuel-value, decison is yours, to fire it, build block from or get ammo.

- some new pipes that allows you to build more complicated setups. you can lay this pipe nearby without connect, and restrict the flow-direction - the screenshot explains this.
direction-green = flow
direction-red = blocked
easy rotate this Small Pipe Buffer (currently wrong name) to change direction of flow

- to reduce your confusion - mined direction pipes drop as standard-pipes - to make direction again simply place a stick on it (craft ^^)
- for 3 not connecting pipe rows you can use this layout standard-pipe/direction-pipe/standard-pipe - its not nessesary to use all direction-pipes

Screenshot from my world shows a iron-ore-process-line and uses of mud ^^ (if someone had a good name, i will acept)
http://johnsmith.ktec.de/factorio/mods/ ... 0525-2.jpg

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Yuoki i am testing old versions< find to items more mod in #calculate mod#

you mod in fast work! very good!

and idea please (dirt in limited)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Have someone crashes or other weird things happen ?
Airat9000 wrote:and idea please (dirt in limited)
Without DyTech you can only obtain Alien-Artifacts by Destroying Spawners. But I'am interested in peace with these creatures.
The Dirt-Option is my way to not fight againt the alien, and get Science-Packs. If you have all researched, you can destroy the Archsites and free space on your map.
Limiting dirt such as ores, coal - needs generate a new map. I like to play my old one.

But i think about it, and new uses for dirt. in future maybe you have a shortage of dirt.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

idea
3 and Research package create

4 alien Research package and complicate a little ..

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

not a big bug

keeps other things ..
it is necessary to add that would be kept as coal coal and iron storage identity is in general .. that would not other things .. gested current resource .. and that would not have turned into garbage.
29.05-6.jpg
29.05-6.jpg (267.21 KiB) Viewed 10949 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Airat9000 wrote:idea
3 and Research package create
4 alien Research package and complicate a little ..
sounds good, i think i try this because new update add some stuff to make this possible.
Airat9000 wrote:not a big bug
keeps other things ..
it is necessary to add that would be kept as coal coal and iron storage identity is in general .. that would not other things .. gested current resource .. and that would not have turned into garbage.
yep i know, but i don't know about lua to restrict the storeage input, so i decided to rename these bunkers :) - not very smooth but you have now big chest ^^. i use these for my train station - looks nicer.

okay now to the newest things
- first, if you update, it can cause a weird error about stagging entities if you want to save - i have no idea where it comes from but type in console "game.player.force.resetrecipes()" seems fix this. if you still cant save, close game-window hard (x in corner) - otherwise your savegame is eaten. safest way is possible make a backup from your savegame before playing.
- new started games not affected

changes
- new animated graphics for washer & form-press (the pipe connection looks weird, i fix this with later graphics - animation must be new rendered and edited ^^)
- new graphics for both boilers
- sawdust, wood-pellets, packed-pellets are gone
- rebalance all burnable stuff because Treefarm breaks my original math :) - 1 wood (4 MJ)> 1 coke (10 MJ) - most things now nearly equal (lower ^^) to Treefarm but more stackable
- rebalance Coal-To-Liquid and Wood-Gas process under Treefarm MJ conditions

added
- 3 new generators - low output but low fluid-consum - more intend to use on outpost where not enough water (breaking a generator gets you always Type A)
- gun-turret - better range and stores 2 different ammo-types - also storeage-count 30 clips for autoload these turrets (vanilla 10)
- 5 new ammo types, base-damage + element-damage (acid, poison, explosiv) and hollow-pointed-, oversized- bullets - DyTech Emerald-Kings are very vulnerable against acid
- Outpost Mine Drill - runs with solid-fuel (coal, coke, wood etc) and is faster and cover a greater area compare to vanilla-electric-mining-drill
- Hydrogen as gas, and Oxygen as liquid (you can also use the Treefarm-Oxygen - but i hope i can sort this correctly)
- hydrogen-cell - burns like coal but fuel-value is 250 MJ

recipes & the way
-> wash iron-ore/copper-ore (Washer) -> pure-ore + contamineted water -> pure-ores smelted to 2 plates
-> process contamineted-water (Heat-Form-Press) -> wet mud + toxic dust + rare ore pile
-> process wet-mud (Heat-Form-Press) -> dry-mud-ball -> useable as fuel, for walls and poison-ammo

-> Acid Ammo need toxic-dust
-> Oversized Projectiles need Refined Rare Ore (smelted from rare ore piles)

->Liquid Air (Chemical Plant) -> Hydrogen Gas (Chemical Plant) + Pure Copper + Iron Plates => Loaded Hydrogen Energy Cell

I recommend this line of generators because the efficent is filled first. Type 3 is backup and turns on, if your energy-network collapse, but as first in line it has full temperature.
If you reverse this line you can see the temperature in last unused Generator drops because no flow.

If you want no contaminated water to process you can feed this into generators/steam-engines and it will disappear - without pollution ! ;)

Screenshot focus about the changes

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

link ti test?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

YuokiTani wrote:first, if you update, it can cause a weird error about stagging entities if you want to save - i have no idea where it comes from but type in console "game.player.force.resetrecipes()" seems fix this. if you still cant save, close game-window hard (x in corner) - otherwise your savegame is eaten. safest way is possible make a backup from your savegame before playing.
Why not create a lua migration file to call game.player.force.resetrecipes() for everyone? Just create a folder called 'migrations' within the mod folder and create a lua file with any name (typically containing the related mod version and/or date it was created) with that command in it (migrations only run for saves that haven't had the migration ran on it before, based on the name of the migration file, new games are not affected). btw, that was a bit difficult for me to read with the Factorio forum skin (I highlighted the text so that I could read it), just a note :)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Good mod that you liked:

1). many new things ..
Power and water boiler. cool!

2). obtaining oil from coal .. it's brilliant .. very cool made

3). technology to research (open in factory and other)

I would like to see:

integration with mod p, and Bob Ore integration modes

suppose to produce weapons or ammunition using tungsten, gold, silver in their component.

boiler with

made in view of the dirt resource is that it
30.05-2.jpg
30.05-2.jpg (114.72 KiB) Viewed 11348 times
30.05-3.jpg
30.05-3.jpg (194.83 KiB) Viewed 11348 times
30.05.jpg
30.05.jpg (124.91 KiB) Viewed 11348 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

FreeER wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:first, if you update, it can cause a weird error about stagging entities if you want to save - i have no idea where it comes from but type in console "game.player.force.resetrecipes()" seems fix this. if you still cant save, close game-window hard (x in corner) - otherwise your savegame is eaten. safest way is possible make a backup from your savegame before playing.
Why not create a lua migration file to call game.player.force.resetrecipes() for everyone? Just create a folder called 'migrations' within the mod folder and create a lua file with any name (typically containing the related mod version and/or date it was created) with that command in it (migrations only run for saves that haven't had the migration ran on it before, based on the name of the migration file, new games are not affected). btw, that was a bit difficult for me to read with the Factorio forum skin (I highlighted the text so that I could read it), just a note :)
because i'am a lua-noob. i think in wiki is no text to explain this, but i will try this way.
Thanks for explain this to me !
i use the standard-forum-skin (blue/white), but this notice should be red.

@Airat
Thanks for your support !
- be careful with use the large boilers, they eats your fuel very quickly.
- in first pic, these 7 boilers, i think not enough to feed the power-plant (gfx-update yet this week, i think) - but i'am can be wrong :)
- Power-Plant creates 5 MW and primary-energy - this is same priortity as solar ... if you think solar is lame and ugly (space consumption) then is this the way otherwise you should not use them (steam-turbine or generator 2/3 = normal steam-engine or accumulator).
- i have tried bobsore - but they have no smelting recipes - this means i forced to create all smelting stuff beside DyTech. not a real problem, but i'am have not found the correct way to resolve mod-depency and double recipes. (best example liquid-air) - or blend them of, is the specifed mod not aviable.
- sure i would love to have tungsten-core ammo or lead-head-ammo or gold-circuits and radioactive-fuel-cells but its difficult if the mod should be playable standalone.
- another problem with many ore-types is the limit of inventory space :)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

YuokiTani wrote:because i'am a lua-noob. i think in wiki is no text to explain this, but i will try this way.
Well, that's actually Factorio based not lua ;) but you're right, I don't think they're mentioned on the wiki unless you know what you are searching for :lol: IF you search for migration scripts or go to the modding page from the main page and follow the migrations scripts link there (either one) will take take you to a migration script page that links you to a forum post I've made...None of the tutorials actually mention the migration scripts unfortunately
YuokiTani wrote: Thanks for explain this to me !
No problem if you check out the link above you'll see that you can do something similar if you need to change the prototypes from one version to the next by using json migration files (I covered the syntax for it in the linked post).
YuokiTani wrote:i use the standard-forum-skin (blue/white), but this notice should be red.
It is red, I just found it difficult to focus on the individual words to read it, could just be me though :D

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

I think i had written somewhat yesterday here ... maybe not

okay sunday-update happens !

it's only a graphics-update - i added graphic/animation for the Steam-Power-Plant and Gatling-Turret you can see at screens.
filesize increase to ~3.6 MB

compare different steam-engines - some engines have better efficiency that means they consume lesser fuel compare to basic-steam-engine.
the steam-power-plat has a spinning orange dot, if you see a stripe, then its on full steam ;)

new gatling-turret in action

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

guns nice! good work!
i am back testing

idea
red copy guns and green (and color in fire)

and power in damage

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

@Airat9000
to thank you for your support and testing i have just updated the mod, and added the first ore use from bobores. i think some craftable item needs your name ;)
it's first attempt to integrate/use another mod - but first step is made. - new company founded ^^ - Yuoki Imports ;)
gold-ammo is related to other game, forgive me ;)

gun-turrets in other color is possible, but i think i test a bunker/fortification-gun ... maybe 2x2 in size and 1000-2000 HP ^^
next steps are more smelting recipes for bobores - and use of smelted stuff - first some walls

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

nice! very nice! silver (light ammo) tungsten (turret and heavy ammo)

Return to “Yuoki Industries”