Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

kenvas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by kenvas »

5.png
5.png (454.24 KiB) Viewed 12356 times
YuokiTani wrote:new version Yuoki-Industries 0.4.62 just released ...

this version brings some new graphics and some minor but important changes. please read the notes below the screenshot (dark-floor tiles from yi-railways).

Always Backup your Savegame before Update !

changes/fixes:
- ground floor lamps have no collision-box and can placed/removed with robots
- repair-icons and smelter-product-icons changed, to get better visual feedback
- plasma-capsules can used in Energy-Gun
- weapon energy cartridges also taken from plasma-turrets
- power-armor inventory-boni changed
- YI-Roboports transfer much more charge-power
- retrade from Reputation into Signs removed
- both "brown"-modules removed
- removed some leftovers (SCD-Accumulators, Steam-Powerplant, SS-Turbine-P and -T)

new:
- electric structure element (for later recipe-changes)
- Techanic-Module (similar to old better brown module)
- Science-Module (better productivity)
- mastercrafted green boiler 4M2/4 (green 3M6/4)
- YI-Personal-Roboport to get YI-Robots charged

new Basement-Decoration-Set (Theme)
- basement-factory
- ground-floor lamp (2x2)
- 7 basement-tiles 5x5
- 1 basement-tile 4x4

Have fun testing & playing with this stuff.
But i'am not sure what the devs have in mind with decorative-items. So as always despite testing - errors can occur.

In the next days updates for YI-Engines and YI-Railways will follow.

Why does 0.5.70 lose a lot of floor lights?
6.png
6.png (539.12 KiB) Viewed 12356 times
Now there are only 3
5.png
5.png (454.24 KiB) Viewed 12356 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

kenvas wrote:TMFW The temperature requirement is 500 degrees, and the power generation efficiency can be reached at full capacity.
But the top temperature seems to be 485 degrees.
Is there any way to reach 500 degrees?
Or is it just a bug?
i'am not sure if factorio restore at any time the old boiler behavior or not. The problem is, boilers don't heat anymore - boiler bump/raise instant to a fixed temperature and to make things better restricted to ONE fluid. in 0.14 the boilers could take any fluid and heated the fluid ... before i make changes is will see how this all develops. i know the system is broken/unbalanced.

because in factorio update-process from 0.14 to 0.15 and following versions the used entity-type was removed.
it was not possible for me to get the old behavior back (0.14). these shown things all don't work anymore and cause issues for you as player (placing is annoying, no robot-support, no blueprints etc. - i tested this). i had invested a lot of time to make these gfx, but now i wait for a final version of factory to minimize my time wastings.

future update maybe breaks the rest of these lamp-types.

kenvas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenvas »

YuokiTani wrote:
kenvas wrote:TMFW The temperature requirement is 500 degrees, and the power generation efficiency can be reached at full capacity.
But the top temperature seems to be 485 degrees.
Is there any way to reach 500 degrees?
Or is it just a bug?
i'am not sure if factorio restore at any time the old boiler behavior or not. The problem is, boilers don't heat anymore - boiler bump/raise instant to a fixed temperature and to make things better restricted to ONE fluid. in 0.14 the boilers could take any fluid and heated the fluid ... before i make changes is will see how this all develops. i know the system is broken/unbalanced.

because in factorio update-process from 0.14 to 0.15 and following versions the used entity-type was removed.
it was not possible for me to get the old behavior back (0.14). these shown things all don't work anymore and cause issues for you as player (placing is annoying, no robot-support, no blueprints etc. - i tested this). i had invested a lot of time to make these gfx, but now i wait for a final version of factory to minimize my time wastings.

Thanks Dalao for making such a nice mod.(You may not know what "Dalao" means ;)
I see.It is now unable to heat up to 500℃.Those past floor lights really do a good job.
Now I think factorio has few decorations except the floor.
But yuoki's drawings are really exquisite
But I wonder if you could share the archive in your YouTube video? I want to learn from it. :D
Thanks again dalao 66666666666666

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

I have a question, it's about the batteries in the game. I'm looking for the vanilla recipe, but can only use the one from Yuoki

Thx for your answers :)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

for vanilla-recipe you need research. the vanilla-recipe gets not overwritten.

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

That's silly, I've been researched. For my next game, I know that. But is there no way to have both recipes or to get the vanilla recipe again?
And apart from what happens if I didn't use your tech-tree mod, would vanilla recipe also be unusable?

Sry for my band english :P

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Could someone make me a small sample mod that reproduces the "2 recipes but I can only use one when manual crafting" problem? I want to see if I can fix it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Shadow_Dragon wrote:That's silly, I've been researched. For my next game, I know that. But is there no way to have both recipes or to get the vanilla recipe again?
And apart from what happens if I didn't use your tech-tree mod, would vanilla recipe also be unusable?
Sry for my band english :P
Oh, Tech-Tree-Mod is supported and provided from Pepe ... not me.
yes i think it will come back, and you can always reset recipes changed from mods with console-command: /c game.player.force.reset_recipes()
Rseding91 wrote:Could someone make me a small sample mod that reproduces the "2 recipes but I can only use one when manual crafting" problem? I want to see if I can fix it.
i don't understand the context ? - YI-Mod releated ?

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

It´s not perfect but sounds okay. Thanks :D

Hm, it didn´t worked for me :(

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

YuokiTani wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:Could someone make me a small sample mod that reproduces the "2 recipes but I can only use one when manual crafting" problem? I want to see if I can fix it.
i don't understand the context ? - YI-Mod releated ?
Ah my mistake. I thought the previous post was referring to that problem :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

I don't really understand what you mean, but something with two recipes sounds good. Would it somehow be possible to copy the vanilla recipe and paste it into the mod? So to say batterie_2 only that the same product comes out?
I hope you understand what I mean by my strange talk ^ ^

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

I really tried to like the mod.factorio.com ... but this site don't like me :)
it's not the first time and the experience will not become better. some time it works so it can be used, sometimes not - like today. i had posted links to my website, which provides the files since i started modding here without a problem or downtime.

Sorry guys, welcome back in the past. (i think tried 8 times over 10 hours is enough for this post)

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Portal uploads have been failing for the last couple of days, it's not just you.

They fixed it on Friday but that barely lasted a few hours before it broke again.

Air
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Air »

I'm playing with Yuoki Engines and I just tried Solid Fuel Engine -> Gear Box -> 3.3 Generator chain. And it seems to be about 15x-20x more efficient than Boiler 3M6/4 -> Steam Turbine -> 3.3 Generator chain. Or any other steam based chain. Is It supposed to be like so? Or am I missing something?

To compare them I created a small network and dropped a single 6MJ fuel block into the SFE. I then opened the Electric network info screen at the "1m" tab. It showed ~500kW has been produced. (My consumption was enough to eat all this energy in less than 1 minute)

I dropped 51 of 6MJ fuel blocks into the Boiler 3M6/4. I had to drop so many because that's what 1 cycle of the steam turbine takes. I got 1.5 mW of energy. 51x more fuel spent, only 3x the energy. But it is somewhat in line with the vanilla energy production. SFE on the other hand seems too efficient.

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

YuokiTani wrote:

That is unfortunate. I really like those underground pipes, even just for decoration.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Air wrote:I'm playing with Yuoki Engines and I just tried Solid Fuel Engine -> Gear Box -> 3.3 Generator chain. And it seems to be about 15x-20x more efficient than Boiler 3M6/4 -> Steam Turbine -> 3.3 Generator chain. Or any other steam based chain. Is It supposed to be like so? Or am I missing something?
To compare them I created a small network and dropped a single 6MJ fuel block into the SFE. I then opened the Electric network info screen at the "1m" tab. It showed ~500kW has been produced. (My consumption was enough to eat all this energy in less than 1 minute)
I dropped 51 of 6MJ fuel blocks into the Boiler 3M6/4. I had to drop so many because that's what 1 cycle of the steam turbine takes. I got 1.5 mW of energy. 51x more fuel spent, only 3x the energy. But it is somewhat in line with the vanilla energy production. SFE on the other hand seems too efficient.
It's not intended, the balance is currently broken due to the new fluid-mechanics system. i need to calculate new values and settings for all, after i found out how to calculate this :)
miturion wrote:That is unfortunate. I really like those underground pipes, even just for decoration.
i too, decoration makes some fun and with some functionality(lights) even more. Maybe it's possible to integrate somehow in machinery but it's not the same as before.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

YuokiTani wrote:It's not intended, the balance is currently broken due to the new fluid-mechanics system. i need to calculate new values and settings for all, after i found out how to calculate this :)
If you post or PM what values you think things should be producing I could have a look at it for you if you like. I was digging into the generator code for another mod yesterday so it's fresh in my head.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Ratzap wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:It's not intended, the balance is currently broken due to the new fluid-mechanics system. i need to calculate new values and settings for all, after i found out how to calculate this :)
If you post or PM what values you think things should be producing I could have a look at it for you if you like. I was digging into the generator code for another mod yesterday so it's fresh in my head.
Best would be the old values:
400 °C MF - needed fluid-taken 3.3 MW, 5.6 MW, 9.7 MW, 15 MW, 50 MW
but the MF temperature range is 150°C - 500°C ... a fixed 500°C input would always display wrong values.
I think it's easier to stick with vanilla energy system.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

YuokiTani wrote: Best would be the old values:
400 °C MF - needed fluid-taken 3.3 MW, 5.6 MW, 9.7 MW, 15 MW, 50 MW
but the MF temperature range is 150°C - 500°C ... a fixed 500°C input would always display wrong values.
I think it's easier to stick with vanilla energy system.
I may have a go just for fun anyway but you are right. The stock system now is sufficient, it's just yours are very pretty. Ce la Vie I suppose.

jmickle_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jmickle_ »

Hi! Still having so much fun with this mod :) Just starting playing around with the motors and power, super fun new mechanics!

I was wondering if it was possible to make some of the yuoki items work with productivity modules? I've found almost no recipes that work with them, stuff like the yuoki circuits and many other items could be really handy to have productivity in.

And also a bug: the electric motor has a really weird offset, and often fails to output correctly into other entities. I think some rotations just don't work entirely and I'm having to use the fuel-powered motor instead to make things work.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”