Blueprint Timeout

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Blueprint Timeout

Post by Darthlawsuit »

We need an option to control how long queue'ed constructions last before they time out. I like to have far more being constructed than my bots can handle to keep them busy all of the time but I keep getting checker-boarded walls and half-built constructions because queue'ed constructions keep timing out =/. They should last until I remove them.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Blueprint Timeout

Post by BurnHard »

Often thought the same thing...

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

If you check \base\prototypes\technology\logistic-robot.lua, you can easily find the code to add, say, higher level techs to have more long lived blueprints.

If it should be added in the base game? I'm impartial on this.
Ignore this

Teurlinx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Teurlinx »

Gammro wrote:If you check \base\prototypes\technology\logistic-robot.lua, you can easily find the code to add, say, higher level techs to have more long lived blueprints.

If it will not be based on technology, then there should be an option in the gameplay section to adjust the blueprint time. I'd also appreciate it if they wouldn't timeout. Getting random gaps indeed is frustrating and it defeats the purpose of blueprints if you have to babysit them so much to check for missing components.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Teurlinx wrote:
Gammro wrote:If you check \base\prototypes\technology\logistic-robot.lua, you can easily find the code to add, say, higher level techs to have more long lived blueprints.

If it will not be based on technology, then there should be an option in the gameplay section to adjust the blueprint time. I'd also appreciate it if they wouldn't timeout. Getting random gaps indeed is frustrating and it defeats the purpose of blueprints if you have to babysit them so much to check for missing components.
Don't care about tech levels, walls are as important as laser turents. Have an infinite option so you can Queue a huge 1000+ component wall and built it as materials come available. I have to spend tons of time building my walls one blueprint at a time then building other things close by so I can queue the next one to prevent timeout.

Try building a 1000+ component wall and see how annoying it can be.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

How like so: if you built it it has unlimited timeout. If it was destroyed current timeout?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SpaceMushroom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SpaceMushroom »

ssilk wrote:How like so: if you built it it has unlimited timeout. If it was destroyed current timeout?
I like this.

Another idea would be only to timeout ghosts outside a construction network area.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well, quite useful! :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

SpaceMushroom wrote:
ssilk wrote:How like so: if you built it it has unlimited timeout. If it was destroyed current timeout?
I like this.

Another idea would be only to timeout ghosts outside a construction network area.
If my wall was destroyed I wouldn't want it to time out until I was completely incapable of repairing it or getting to it to repair it.

Timing out ghosts outside of construction network seems reasonable. Though the timeout should still be increased, that way when biters destroy 2 of your roboports your network has time to repair both then get to the destroyed areas.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”