[0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

crysanja wrote:Small issue with the spawn rate of ores.

I put the resources to very few patches, however i find lots and lots of the same stuff, close together.
I did very little exploration(about an area of 5-7 radar2) and i already found 2x gold, 4xnickel, 3xbauxit, 3xrutile, 2x zinc, 2xoil and lots of other things.

Here is a map:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6z8yK ... sp=sharing
unfortunately that's the result of how the base game handles resources. It makes it quite hard to balance how often things show up with the controls the game provides. I've basically reduced most of my fields to "as often as stone" or "as often as iron/copper/coal", or for the fluids "as often as oil" because if you play with them even further, you can quite easilly end up where either they don't spawn at all, or you flood the map with them.
Recon777 wrote:Why do the Mk3 boilers require invar and brass, but the Mk3 steam engines require titanium? Seems to be quite the tech disparity there.
Because there are 4 tiers of boiler and only 3 tiers of steam engine, so the MK3 steam engine is on par to build as the MK4 boiler.

As for the debate about steam consumption vs temperature... see here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48131
As things stand now, it doesn't matter which boiler you use with which generator, you NEVER lose anything, either the power created by the steam engine will be lower than the steam engine rating if the steam temperature is too low, or the steam consumption will be less as it makes effective use of the higher temperature.

But yes, a higher tier boiler will consume MORE fuel because it is heating the water to a higher temperature. It's not wasting the fuel, it's just doing more work within the same amount of space.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

QuackerJ4ck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by QuackerJ4ck »

Since Angel Petrchem needs Steam in a lot of the Steam Cracking now - is it possible we can get an Electric Boiler?

TokMor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TokMor »

Alternatively, could we get an option to have the more efficient boilers only heat steam to 100C?

MrGergoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrGergoth »

Hello! quick questions
If i remember correctly, in 0.14 version some researches using science pack which craft by enemy artifact.
And like i undestand, right now that researches using by only standart science packs (green-red-blue + purple by new recipes + black-white-yellow) - is that all science packs in currency bobmodpack?
And is that mean, in 0.15 bobmod require so much more resources for science? I want start with bobmods + rso, and on 0.14 version i was use default rso settings, but right now im not sure that default is enough in new version
And another question: how stable bobmodpack now? I want start new game, but if near future will adding\changing some recipes, or some critical bugs, i can wait before stable version.
Sry my english, it is not my main language. And thanks for great mods, bobingabout!

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Sulfur and Uranium both still stack to 50 where most ores stack to 200.
Intentional?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

MrGergoth wrote:Hello! quick questions
If i remember correctly, in 0.14 version some researches using science pack which craft by enemy artifact.
And like i undestand, right now that researches using by only standart science packs (green-red-blue + purple by new recipes + black-white-yellow) - is that all science packs in currency bobmodpack?
And is that mean, in 0.15 bobmod require so much more resources for science? I want start with bobmods + rso, and on 0.14 version i was use default rso settings, but right now im not sure that default is enough in new version
And another question: how stable bobmodpack now? I want start new game, but if near future will adding\changing some recipes, or some critical bugs, i can wait before stable version.
Sry my english, it is not my main language. And thanks for great mods, bobingabout!
It might be a little difficult to read, but it is clear enough to understand.

Enemy artifacts are still available in bobenemies, but you have to turn the option on in the new options -> mods menu from the main game menu.
The science packs you listed are those of the base game. bobtech adds in a pink "Logistics science pack" too. The mod also reworks the recipe cost of science packs: 3 (blue), production (purple), and high tech (yellow).
If you have alien artifacts turned on, it also adds the alien lab and 8 new science packs (Gold which costs science packs 1, 2, 3 and military(black), plus 1 each for the 7 different types of artifacts) used mostly in end game military research.
Science might be a little more expensive, but it's in line with the new 0.15 costs. If anything, science pack 3 is cheaper than previously because now you get 2 packs per cycle.

The modpack itself is quite stable, however there might be some compatibility issues with other mods. The main ones you might consider are CMH mod (Which might not be compatible with the new rocket silo stuff in bob revamp) and Angel's mods (for the same reason). Since they are both "over bob" mods, meaning the make edits to what I do on purpose, there's not much I can do to fix the issues, we just have to wait until they fix it... or come to me asking me to make a change.
Recon777 wrote:Sulfur and Uranium both still stack to 50 where most ores stack to 200.
Intentional?
I never really consider sulphur an ore, more of an intermediate, which is why I never changed it. And I guess I just haven't looked at Uranium yet (since it's new). But I can make a stack size override for these two if you like.
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

bobingabout wrote:
Recon777 wrote:Sulfur and Uranium both still stack to 50 where most ores stack to 200.
Intentional?
I never really consider sulphur an ore, more of an intermediate, which is why I never changed it. And I guess I just haven't looked at Uranium yet (since it's new). But I can make a stack size override for these two if you like.
Yes please. Sulfur does spawn (optionally and iirc by default) in ore patches, and is mined, so I think that should qualify. And yeah, uranium. :D

Incidentally, is it my imagination or did someone bump the stack size of stone bricks. Were they always 500? I could have sworn they changed to 500 like today or yesterday.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

My first 24 hours of a new map.
http://imgur.com/a/TF7d5

Been refining my startup procedure, preparing for a highly organized base. I took screenshots periodically and am posting them to this album.

So far, Bob's mods overall seem to be pretty well balanced. Naturally, there are cool improvements to make. But I've been enjoying this.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Bugfixes and stuff have been released.
I also have a Patreon.

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

QuackerJ4ck wrote:Since Angel Petrchem needs Steam in a lot of the Steam Cracking now - is it possible we can get an Electric Boiler?
This would actually have applications in Bob's and Vanilla. Using this, you could run your base on solar, and store steam in tanks instead of using accumulators. I would like this, as it would provide "green" options that use the already-existing steam generators (and possibly even the existing boilers via a conversion recipe).

timer67
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timer67 »

QuackerJ4ck wrote:Since Angel Petrchem needs Steam in a lot of the Steam Cracking now - is it possible we can get an Electric Boiler?
Couple of us already have mods for that :)

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Well, there are mods that adds electric boilers into the game without any dependency, there's also steam barreling for your needs if you just wanna use the steam for other things except making power.
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=48728
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=48727

crysanja
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by crysanja »

I have two issue so far.
Maraton settings.

1. The distille icon is identical with the chem plant - i already build 5 of them by accident =)
2. Oxygen production via nitrogen. The oxygen value of 5/cycle is very low.(this would fit nicely for the distillery btw.)
To run a single H2SO4 plant(S->SO2->H2SO4) you need 10 chem plants, producing nitrogen/oxygen.
The very expencive electrolysis process produces 12.5/cycle.

Alone7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alone7 »

Hey Bob, I've been a lurking fan of your mods for a while now, keep up the great work. I wanted to hop on and report that when I updated your mods this morning (June 1st, 2017), that I believe it may have caused a conflict with Long Reach, when Long Reach was working fine just yesterday (May 31st, 2017). As of now, after deleting Long Reach and reinstalling it, it is still not functioning at all; I have basic player reach. If you'd like additional information, or to specify what all mods I'm using, please let me know.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Alone7 wrote:Hey Bob, I've been a lurking fan of your mods for a while now, keep up the great work. I wanted to hop on and report that when I updated your mods this morning (June 1st, 2017), that I believe it may have caused a conflict with Long Reach, when Long Reach was working fine just yesterday (May 31st, 2017). As of now, after deleting Long Reach and reinstalling it, it is still not functioning at all; I have basic player reach. If you'd like additional information, or to specify what all mods I'm using, please let me know.
What happened is Long Reach's settings got reset somehow. I had the same thing happen, but if you just go to the settings (even with your game running) and update the range numbers, it's all good again.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

crysanja wrote:I have two issue so far.
Maraton settings.

1. The distille icon is identical with the chem plant - i already build 5 of them by accident =)
2. Oxygen production via nitrogen. The oxygen value of 5/cycle is very low.(this would fit nicely for the distillery btw.)
To run a single H2SO4 plant(S->SO2->H2SO4) you need 10 chem plants, producing nitrogen/oxygen.
The very expencive electrolysis process produces 12.5/cycle.
I could probably do something about the distillery icon.

But yes, that's how it's supposed to be, 5 oxygen from the nitrogen recipe, 12.5 from the electrolysis recipe.
I also have a Patreon.

Alone7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alone7 »

Recon777 wrote: What happened is Long Reach's settings got reset somehow. I had the same thing happen, but if you just go to the settings (even with your game running) and update the range numbers, it's all good again.
Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know you could do this. Any idea what the default range for Long Reach is?

Edit: I turned it to the max I could, which was 10k. Had to restart game before it would take effect in my save. Thanks again for the help.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It looks like there's 2 points of interest in the new 0.15.17 patch.
  • Moved the "mod-settings.json" file so it now resides in the "mods" subfolder allowing it to work with the mod-directory command line option.
  • Inserters now require the inserter prototype property "allow_custom_vectors" to be true before they allow setting custom pickup/drop locations.
The first means you'll probably need to either manually move the mentioned file, or reconfigure all your mod settings.
The second probably means that my inserters mod doesn't work anymore. And probably the same with the options in the Logistics mod too.

I can't do anything about it, or even look at it until I get home though.
I also have a Patreon.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Alone7 wrote:
Recon777 wrote: What happened is Long Reach's settings got reset somehow. I had the same thing happen, but if you just go to the settings (even with your game running) and update the range numbers, it's all good again.
Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know you could do this. Any idea what the default range for Long Reach is?
Edit: I turned it to the max I could, which was 10k. Had to restart game before it would take effect in my save. Thanks again for the help.
I have mine set to 45.

bobingabout wrote:I could probably do something about the distillery icon.
While you're at it, maybe a distinction between small, regular, and large solar panel icons as well?

Accumulators are likewise the same.
Also, all three types of "steel furnaces".
All miners are the same.
All pumpjacks are the same.
All gun turrets are the same.
All radars are the same.

Sorry. ^_^

NewSwiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NewSwiss »

Minor thing, but air separation should be buffed by 2-4x. Right now, the best way to get oxygen (in game) is to electrolyze water, and often just vent the hydrogen. IRL, it's far more efficient to do cryogenic air separation, and vent the nitrogen if need be. I would like to see this represented in the recipes for air (from the pump) and air separation) from the chemical plants.

Return to “Bob's mods”