[0.15] Folks Factorio Fabrications

Topics and discussion about specific mods
folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.15] Folks Factorio Fabrications

Post by folk »

Welcome to Folks Factorio Fabrications
(or the "how I learned to stop worrying and finally created a thread"-thread)

I've made a few mods, and I don't want to manage one thread for each of them, because they're all quite tiny. So this thread is for all of them, if that's acceptable. And I do read the Discussion section on my addons from time to time, but I understand that some people want to contact authors on the forum. So here I am.

Most of the addons are quite automagic. Enjoy!
If you have any feedback of any sort, please do let me know.

Most likely automatically fills in things properly, probably. Preferrably both fuel and ammunition, if possible.
Fills in ammunition and fuel in all cars/tanks, locomotives, turrets, furnaces, and other things automatically. Should support anything added by 3rd party mods, no configuration necessary. Uses the best-available fuel and ammo, determined by fuel value and sort order, respectively.

A remake of the classic Shuttle Train by Simwir.
Please read the description, as the mod is quite different from the original. I have contacted simwir through his github page about this remake. I don't know what "lite" means either, but I had to call the mod _something_ :-P

Deactivates personal roboports while you are travelling in a vehicle, at speeds above the configured threshold.
Should be simple enough to understand, if you ignore the options! Srsly, there are too many mods that add random robot type upgrades! So all numbers in the mod are based on the vanilla robot speed; 0.06 * upgrade percent.

Allows you to put fish in water and breed them. Revolutionary technology.
Not much to say about this one, clearly an essential addon.

Instantly investigates and indiscriminately incinerates indistinguishable items from your inventory. Specifically, blueprints.
Makes sure that your main inventory never contains more than one copy of the same blueprint or book, by label.

Instantly pops you into a filtered vehicle when you place it within reach of the player character.
And that's it. Filter a quickbar slot to a vehicle, and off you go!

Creates tile blueprints from your text input that are easily visible on the map. A floor printer, if you will.
Adds a new 0.15-style mod button on the left side that creates blueprints of your text input. If anyone wants to make a better font than the one I did, please do :-) Or a smaller one.

Adds a new kind of train cargo wagon that connects to the logistic system in weird and mysterious ways.
Err, you should probably read the mod description for this one.

Creates tiny equipment modules that tries to set the color of whatever you insert them into.
This one is exceptionally useless. Except for myself, probably. Hopefully at least 2-3 others will find it fun and/or useful.

Provides a control unit you can place next to radars that outputs the number of enemy and friendly units found in the radars permanent coverage area.
I wrote this to use it alongside Robot Army. However, it scans for any "unit" type, so it probably has lots of uses that I haven't thought about :-)

Allows you to spray-paint decals on the ground.
Automatically gives you a book full of decal-sprays. Note that as of 0.15.3, the new book and blueprint type that the mod adds are still visible in the blueprint library, although they are useless there. Rseding91 had fixed this for the next version of factorio, so they will not show up there.
Last edited by folk on Sun May 14, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15] Folks Factorio Fabrications

Post by Shenpen »

Would it be a major effort to integrate auto blueprintify with textplates mod that makes letters for nice sings?

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Earendel/textplates

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

That's a good question, I will investigate perhaps later tonight or tomorrow :-)

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

folk wrote:That's a good question, I will investigate perhaps later tonight or tomorrow :-)

I know that I would have a lot of use for such a thing.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Crash on loading shuttle mod
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (15.55 KiB) Viewed 11833 times

Edit: This is line 9 on the latest version
Last edited by nagapito on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Can you try 0.1.3, please?
If it doesn't work then, I will need a list of your addons.
If you give me that list, I will fix it.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Its hard to report a bug if by the time I am posting it, a new version is out already :P

Testing version 0.1.3 now

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

It loads now.

And it works nicely, if you dont have FARL.
I think FARL is adding his own grid that does not support your module

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Okay, I will make it work with FARL.

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

If you want it to work with FARL please just use another mod that adds grids, like https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Optera/VehicleGrid

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

folk wrote:If you want it to work with FARL please just use another mod that adds grids, like https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Optera/VehicleGrid
Ohh, I dont mind. I had FARL there by mistake, I never use it.
Multiple times I said myself that I need to remove it after I close the client but I always forget. Now it was removed for good :P

But, maybe change the description with a more visible warning about using with FARL also equiring another mod instead of the current suggestion of using another mod to increase grid size

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

folk wrote:If you want it to work with FARL please just use another mod that adds grids, like https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Optera/VehicleGrid
Well you beat me to it!
To make your grids work with farl just modifiy the farl grid,
https://github.com/Nexela/Shuttle-Train ... -fixes.lua

Also please allow a hotkey to find closest station (or the one selected) for calling a shuttle too

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Nexela wrote: Well you beat me to it!
To make your grids work with farl just modifiy the farl grid,
https://github.com/Nexela/Shuttle-Train ... -fixes.lua
Also please allow a hotkey to find closest station (or the one selected) for calling a shuttle too
Done and done! Thank you for the awesome .luacheckrc, it's way more detailed than my own crappy one.

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Added a new mod now: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/folk/fol ... equipment/
It's very strange.

Shenpen wrote:
folk wrote:That's a good question, I will investigate perhaps later tonight or tomorrow :-)
I know that I would have a lot of use for such a thing.
I have not forgot about the Text Plates thing.

Ryilight
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ryilight »

Hi, having some problems with Shuttle train Lite, using /reset command did make it show the correct names the only problem is it only shows 1 page of stations and the <- -> arrow keys are gone, when removing the mod the top-left icon is still there with the following message: "Unknown key:"Shuttle-lite.button-tooltip" Any suggestions?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also please make a way to disable the station list period.

Can just open the map, find the station and Ctrl-J on it :)

Also feature request. Any train you are IN can be a shuttle train if it has no station records set OR it has 1 station set and it matches train.station

Feel free to steal anything you want from the 2.00 fork on github :)

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Ryilight wrote:Hi, having some problems with Shuttle train Lite, using /reset command did make it show the correct names the only problem is it only shows 1 page of stations and the <- -> arrow keys are gone, when removing the mod the top-left icon is still there with the following message: "Unknown key:"Shuttle-lite.button-tooltip" Any suggestions?
Will be fixed next update.
The problem with the top-left icon being there is a bug in Factorio. It creates those icons for the mod.
Nexela wrote:Also please make a way to disable the station list period.
Done next update.
Nexela wrote:Can just open the map, find the station and Ctrl-J on it :)
How can I tell which station the player is pointing his cursor at? I made it for next update so that you can click the stations and Ctrl+J-go there, but I can't find any property on luaplayer/luacontrol that tells me which station the mouse is _hovering over_?
Nexela wrote:Also feature request. Any train you are IN can be a shuttle train if it has no station records set OR it has 1 station set and it matches train.station
Without the module?

RaidSoft
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RaidSoft »

Hello!

I added shuttle train lite to an already existing .15 MP server, it started causing instant desyncs when the second player connected. Removed the mod and the problem went away.. Not sure exactly what the cause is unfortunately but the mod seems to have triggered it.

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

RaidSoft wrote:Hello!
I added shuttle train lite to an already existing .15 MP server, it started causing instant desyncs when the second player connected. Removed the mod and the problem went away.. Not sure exactly what the cause is unfortunately but the mod seems to have triggered it.
Thank you, unfortunately I have no way of investigating this for the next week.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

folk wrote:
Nexela wrote:Also please make a way to disable the station list period.
Done next update.
Sorry I should have expanded on this, I meant to remove the whole station list/button, Probably a /shuttletrain command to enable/disable the GUI stuff
Nexela wrote:Can just open the map, find the station and Ctrl-J on it :)
How can I tell which station the player is pointing his cursor at? I made it for next update so that you can click the stations and Ctrl+J-go there, but I can't find any property on luaplayer/luacontrol that tells me which station the mouse is _hovering over_?
I was refering to player.selected from the zoomed in map :)
Nexela wrote:Also feature request. Any train you are IN can be a shuttle train if it has no station records set OR it has 1 station set and it matches train.station
Without the module?
[/quote]
Without the module, but only in trains that meet the criteria above (player is IN the train etc)

Return to “Mods”