[0.9.x WIP] Dustcraft

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

[0.9.x WIP] Dustcraft

Post by Kyte »

Dustcraft

IMPORTANT EDIT: Working again on the mod :)

This mod will add alot of things to the game.
Weapons, Radiation, Nuclear Reactors, Dozers, new Sounds and much more!

But its still work in progress.

Current Version: v.0.2

The centrifuge, the uran drill (because uran just can get mined with that machine) and the fuelrod and more are working
but its still not fully completed. (Atomic-Mod)

After the atomicmod is finished I will release my mod and continue on adding more stuff :3

Btw: I think I should add some ingame pictures. I will do that soon because you can already do small factories with that mod which produces uranium bullet magazines.

Btw: Uran isnt green but I like it green if you want a realistic version tell me.

Greetings Kyte
Last edited by Kyte on Thu May 15, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My awesome mod! Dustcraft! (At the moment Work in Progress)
This mod adds Uranium, Atomic Power, Radiation, new type of cars and more!
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=3334

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.9.x WIP] Dustcraft

Post by Kyte »

New ingame pic!

Everything works just the nuclear powerplant needs a script!
I am working on it and after that and my new textures I will release the first version of Dustcraft - Atomic Expansion

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

First of all, this sounds like an awesome mod.
However, I have a couple of suggestions to make: first of all, uranium and related equipment/machines should be pretty far in the tech tree, and not be available at the very least before modules. Also uranium ore should be really scarce, and come in tiny fields, or maybe normal-sized fields like you show in the picture but then require processing to be actually usable as fuel, in a ratio of, let's say, 100 raw ore to 1 fuel bar. Of course consumption should be balanced to have your nuclear plant last long enough but not too long, just like oil patches do.
Really looking forward to this mod, keep up the great work!

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kyte »

CorrettoSambuca wrote:First of all, this sounds like an awesome mod.
Thank you :)
CorrettoSambuca wrote:uranium and related equipment/machines should be pretty far in the tech tree, and not be available at the very least before modules.
Well uranium will be a technology for the end of science pack 1,2 or for the start of the tech 3 science pack but somewhere close to this time. But more testing and balancing will improve that any way.
CorrettoSambuca wrote:Also uranium ore should be really scarce, and come in tiny fields, or maybe normal-sized fields like you show in the picture but then require processing to be actually usable as fuel, in a ratio of, let's say, 100 raw ore to 1 fuel bar.
The uranium ore spawnrate isnt finished because I need to figure out how I get it more rare.
-> I want uran rare but not complety rare. Also it will spawn in tiny fields( half of the field you see in the pic)
And you already need to process the uran. You have raw uran mined and process it inside the centrifuge.(5 raw uran = 1 pure uran) and with that you creat fuel rods or ammunition. (fuel rod= 5 pure uran, 1 steel-->so 25 raw uran needs to be enriched)
But that always can change after testing!
CorrettoSambuca wrote: Of course consumption should be balanced to have your nuclear plant last long enough but not too long, just like oil patches do.
At this point one fuel rod have a energy of 100mj stored.
4x better than solid fuel
10xbetter than coal

But Balance is important! This mod shouldnt be overpowered! I want that you got another type of energy besides coal, soldifuel, solarpower, wood->charcoal(treemod yay). It should be better than the other type of energy (but not to much)but the mod offers also radiation and overheating powerplants. So that will balance the new energy source.
CorrettoSambuca wrote:Really looking forward to this mod, keep up the great work!
Aww thank you :)

bwser20
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bwser20 »

I would like to test Dustcraft. My time zone is eastern standard time Sydney but because I only registered a few days ago I cant private chat but I can still receive messages. Also I think the texture for uranium should be a metallic grey with chunks of metallic green, so it is like the ore is in the rock but if it looks too much like iron then just keep it that metallic green.

RMJ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RMJ »

Hehehe, this is absolutely genius, something like this should definitely be in the game. And it shouldn be too too hard to balance.

Nuclear power requires LOTS of water to cool, if it actually required water, say sea water salt water to be converted, then that would be hard and require more building and resources. And lakes could be used directly to cool, but they would eventually run out.

This is just like the first thing i thought about when playing this game. that i hope eventually you can tech up to like advanced technologies like nuclear and maybe even fusion. But again it wuld be cheap or easy, and it would have some risks.

Like what if the bugs actually destroy you nuclear reactor, it goes nuclear and wipes out a huge place and contaminated with radiation?.

Not to mention finding the uran in the first place, it would be rare as well.

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kyte »

RMJ wrote:Hehehe, this is absolutely genius, something like this should definitely be in the game. And it shouldn be too too hard to balance.
Well thats true because well everybody knows the pros and cons of atomic power X3
RMJ wrote:Nuclear power requires LOTS of water to cool, if it actually required water, say sea water salt water to be converted, then that would be hard and require more building and resources. And lakes could be used directly to cool, but they would eventually run out.
I was thinking about a cooling system and well I like your idea about converting salt water but empty lakes dunno if that is possible. Probably I need to script more stuff for that then.
RMJ wrote:This is just like the first thing i thought about when playing this game. that i hope eventually you can tech up to like advanced technologies like nuclear and maybe even fusion. But again it wuld be cheap or easy, and it would have some risks.
Fusion will also come soon :) I will make a energymod too which focuses on more energy types. Gas, windpower, fusion, recyler which burn garbage. your buildings produce garbage besides their main products. (but that are ideas for later. First I finish this mod next week, because I dont have time. Still learning like a idiot for the exam tomorrow ^^)
RMJ wrote:Like what if the bugs actually destroy you nuclear reactor, it goes nuclear and wipes out a huge place and contaminated with radiation?.
Thats planned. If it gets destroyed by weapons or biters it will explode and contaminate everything in its radius. But that will be fnished later too. Also the reactor can overheat later with the new cooling system added.
RMJ wrote:Not to mention finding the uran in the first place, it would be rare as well.
It will be rare but not that rare. Uran have a 100mj burn value.

Greetings Kyte

Uglybob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Uglybob »

Sounds familair :)

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =25&t=2168

Hopefully the game can support it now....

Ariche2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ariche2 »

Hey, I don't want to be pushy at all, but I'm really looking forward to this and I was wondering if I could get an ETA on this? Thanks for even attempting this mod though xD

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kyte »

Ariche2 wrote:Hey, I don't want to be pushy at all, but I'm really looking forward to this and I was wondering if I could get an ETA on this? Thanks for even attempting this mod though xD
I got time to work on this mod again.
So I hope this week. (And hopefully my own artist finishes the pics for the nuclear plant)

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kyte »

If you want try the mod out you can ask me here. I will send it via PM.

But warning!

The mod doesnt have its finished textures.
The mod doesnt have finished recipes! (Just development recipes -> 2 Iron each)
The mod doesnt have research!
The mod will have bugs!

Dont give other people this modification. If you want try it out. Thats just for you then and not friends etc.

If you still wanna try it out you can as I said ask me.

In the public version all of the above said will be finished and bugs eliminated(hopefully XD)

Greetings Kyte

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kyte »

Update:

-basic textues added(not final ones)
-I got the idea for the recipes but they will first be implemented in the release version.
-Same with the nuclear research.

-Cleared some bugs in the control lua

Bugs: -incorrect collision boxes for the atomic powerplant -->pipes wont work on each side (thats tricky)
-somehow the powerplant doest delete the fuelrods while using them --> but its implemented and no error..doesnt make that much sense shuuussh Need to look again XD

But else the mod works fine :)
I also like the uranium spawnrate.

Soooooo it seems soon it will be released!

But I could use some alpha tester.
If you == want test my mod then
function Just ask me :3 (PM)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

when the wait events?

Return to “Mods”