Version 0.15.1

Information about releases and roadmap.
Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.15.1

Post by Nova »

Of course there's is immediately a bugfix version. Well, no problem. Hope my game does start without incidents now. ^^
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

pushtoopen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pushtoopen »

Does 0.15 saves work with 0.14.23 headless?

winkieman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by winkieman »

First impression, I miss my tree collision mod! Don't understand why it is not yet built into base game?

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Noticed a small problem trying to place a ghost track in the tutorial the s-bend won't snap to place when trying to do it as a ghost.... but works when ya arn't in ghost mode. nvm did't see the press r prompts in the text... i can be a bit blind sometimes

Zemerson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zemerson »

I really enjoyed the 0.15 beta they released early on monday, so that we would play real 0.15 on tuesday :D

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Anyone else have a really slow download rate? I guess there's a lot of people downloading which is slowing it down. At the moment I'm only getting 3kb/s :'(

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Well that was funny :D Crashed it setting the research mult to 0, it loads to the map just fine it crashes as soon as ya load the research screen but I was kind of expecting that. :twisted:
:idea: maybe set this to not accecpt 0

tom.i
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tom.i »

Hi,
I would like to see some enhanced Blueprint. That you can set up your actual state by remove (it's working now) and expecially add some new stuff there. So you can update that Blueprint with other items and then you can put that updated blueprint to field :)
Is it understandable?

EDIT: And another question is, will be 0.15.1 still available (updated) via game? Does it mean that 0.15.1 is like open beta for every one till release? I just wonder why they told that it'll be available on Tuesday.

CrushedIce
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CrushedIce »

tom.i wrote: EDIT: And another question is, will be 0.15.1 still available (updated) via game? Does it mean that 0.15.1 is like open beta for every one till release? I just wonder why they told that it'll be available on Tuesday.
Yes i'm really sure that .15 will stay avaible. It is released now as an experimental version and they will continue releasing patches until the bugs are fixed.
This is the way they released all previous versions.

Maybe they released on Monday to ensure that there will be no massive game breaking bugs on Tuesday :) (like the one with steam cloud enabled)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

0.15.1? WHAT YEAR IS IT?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

TatsuZZMage wrote:Well that was funny :D Crashed it setting the research mult to 0, it loads to the map just fine it crashes as soon as ya load the research screen but I was kind of expecting that. :twisted:
:idea: maybe set this to not accecpt 0
It's corrected for 0.15.2.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Oh and one more thing.

0.14 - 26 Aug 2016 12:26
0.15 - 24 Apr 2017 17:13
0.16 - 23 Jan 2018 22:00 ?

The_Lone_Hunterz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by The_Lone_Hunterz »

I love this new update, Im now a hour into the new version, and I noted some things that really irritate me.

first of all, random fps drops to 30 fps, which restore themself when looking at the map/zooming in a lot. This can be a nvidea/steam related bug, but this didnt happen before.
secondly, the automatic zooming to the world when looking at the minimap is really frustrating, I like to see my creations from closeby on the minimap.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

The_Lone_Hunterz wrote:I love this new update.
The_Lone_Hunterz wrote:the automatic zooming to the world when looking at the minimap is really frustrating, I like to see my creations from closeby on the minimap.
There is separate control binding for this in control options. I have it mapped to Ctrl + mouse wheel up.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

cpy wrote:0.16 - 23 Jan 2018 22:00 ?
i can't confirm nor deny this.

Arucard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arucard »

Well I slept in this morning because I wasn't sure what time it may be released and didn't want to feel anxious half the day! Looking forward to the new changes and relearning stuff, even if the updates ended here, you guys have done some great work and created an exceptional game! [slow clap] :mrgreen:

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

FudgeZombie wrote:How do you know if your running .15.1 or how do you download it
click "About" on the main menu will tell you the version you are running.

to run 0.15.*
if you installed or running package version from Factorio.com, click options, other, and check "Enable experimental updates" and restart Factorio.

for Steam, right click on Factorio in your library, click properties, select Betas tab, then "Select beta you would like to opt into."
and select "0.15.x - Factorio 0.15 Experimental". it should download right away. if not restart steam.

not familiar with GOG.

BTW welcome to the forums!
posila wrote:
The_Lone_Hunterz wrote:the automatic zooming to the world when looking at the minimap is really frustrating, I like to see my creations from closeby on the minimap.
There is separate control binding for this in control options. I have it mapped to Ctrl + mouse wheel up.
is it called "Alternative Zoom in/out"? i can't see my train stops when zoomed in.
[edit]ok by default the Wold view map thingy is bound to mouse wheel up/down.
changing alternate Zoom to ctrl+mouse up/down, makes normal map view availible from mouse up/down. :)

cheers
Last edited by impetus maximus on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Why nobody tells me if belt optimizations are in and update multithreading?

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

cpy wrote:Why nobody tells me if belt optimizations are in and update multithreading?
Belt optimizations aren't finished and multi-threaded update was canceled.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

cpy wrote:Why nobody tells me if belt optimizations are in and update multithreading?
belt optimizations were bumped to 0.16

Return to “Releases”