Factorio Roadmap for 1.0.

Information about releases and roadmap.
js1
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.15 + 0.16

Post by js1 »

I would also like to see an expansion for Factorio, as a way to support development further. One that I think would be interesting to have an expansion focused on vehicles, like cars, ships, airplanes with various uses (recon, transport, combat).

akynaston
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by akynaston »

js1 wrote:I would also like to see an expansion for Factorio, as a way to support development further. One that I think would be interesting to have an expansion focused on vehicles, like cars, ships, airplanes with various uses (recon, transport, combat).
Same here: While the car is pretty sweet, it would be cool to have another one that is even faster, but perhaps can't hold as much fuel, and no fighting capabilities. I'd love to see more done with the water: the landfill update was nice to expand a base, but It would be cool to do more there. Having water based biters that can come on land would be fun too.

GO FACTORIO!! :-)

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by redlabel »

I think once multiplayer allows for auto-downloading and negotiating of mods when connecting to a server, this will be such a revolution for the variety of games we will be able to play.

It would also be nice being able to play a saved map and making it remember what mods were being used automatically.
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

redlabel wrote:I think once multiplayer allows for auto-downloading and negotiating of mods when connecting to a server, this will be such a revolution for the variety of games we will be able to play.

It would also be nice being able to play a saved map and making it remember what mods were being used automatically.
On mobile, so sorry for spelling, but a map already saves the mods it's played with, when in the load map screen it says it above the screenshot .

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by redlabel »

matjojo wrote:
redlabel wrote:I think once multiplayer allows for auto-downloading and negotiating of mods when connecting to a server, this will be such a revolution for the variety of games we will be able to play.

On mobile, so sorry for spelling, but a map already saves the mods it's played with, when in the load map screen it says it above the screenshot .
Don't know if you fully understand what I mean. I want to connect to modded servers without having to go to a site to get the mod. I want to connect to a server and download the necessary mods (if they are not in my machine yet) to be downloaded from the server along the map. In fact download it before it downloads the map.. Should not affect server bandwidth that much. The game will automatically know what mods to use as well.. And All mods should have their default file names so if a mod is found in my mod folder it will not redownload it even if it is on different servers.

Additionally allow for personal mods with purely cosmetic modifications to be installed locally without the need to be present in the server. So allow to use certain mods just client-side as long as they don't interfere with the game dynamics.

To me THIS is the KILLER FEATURE. Because when you implement seamless mod support.. Then a lot of new things will be added by users.. right now the system makes it a drag, but if it is automatic the factorio-core limitations will not matter. Factorio devs will be able to focus on background optimizations and improve the base platform on which the mods rely.
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xng »

I have a feeling 0.15 will have the longest changelog in computer game history.

DeathMers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DeathMers »

I would like to ask you, if you going to implement some kind of pollution control. Something like big air filter building with shitload of pollution cleaning capabilities. So far you have to depend on trees, ground... But in late game is massive pollution inevitable. I think i would welcome feature like this.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

DeathMers wrote:I would like to ask you, if you going to implement some kind of pollution control. Something like big air filter building with shitload of pollution cleaning capabilities. So far you have to depend on trees, ground... But in late game is massive pollution inevitable. I think i would welcome feature like this.
The new difficulty settings shown in FFF #177 allow you to change how pollution affects the game. You can change how fast the pollution dissipates and how much pollution is removed by trees, you can also disable pollution completely.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

DeathMers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DeathMers »

daniel34 wrote:
DeathMers wrote:I would like to ask you, if you going to implement some kind of pollution control. Something like big air filter building with shitload of pollution cleaning capabilities. So far you have to depend on trees, ground... But in late game is massive pollution inevitable. I think i would welcome feature like this.
The new difficulty settings shown in FFF #177 allow you to change how pollution affects the game. You can change how fast the pollution dissipates and how much pollution is removed by trees, you can also disable pollution completely.
Thanks, I understand FFF#177, but difficulty settings are more like "set in stone", I was thinking something more like in-game tweaking. Research or building.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

DeathMers wrote:
daniel34 wrote:
Thanks, I understand FFF#177, but difficulty settings are more like "set in stone", I was thinking something more like in-game tweaking. Research or building.
In any case this thread isn't where you should post any suggestions, you can use the ideas and suggetsions subforum: viewforum.php?f=6

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

Wait, there isn't the "surprise with 8-10 legs" anymore. Are you guys ditching the spidertron concept?

Ingress
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ingress »

I do not take credit for this. I stole it from LotA but so true......
waiting.gif
waiting.gif (1.82 MiB) Viewed 11493 times
I can't wait 0.15 anymore ! Give it to me !

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Ingress wrote:I do not take credit for this. I stole it from LotA but so true......
waiting.gif
I can't wait 0.15 anymore ! Give it to me !
Shut the fuck up,

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Ingress
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ingress »

Wow asshole much?

Ehh blocked him anyways.
Last edited by Ingress on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

No, I think it's more a quote :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGbEjET1BNw
:)

Please people, when you quote things that may sound rude, or agressive remember everybody doesn't know South Park ^^.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Koub wrote:No, I think it's more a quote :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGbEjET1BNw
:)

Please people, when you quote things that may sound rude, or agressive remember everybody doesn't know South Park ^^.
butttttttt mmmmmmuuuuuummmmmm.....

xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xng »

If 0.15 is not released soon this community will collaps in on itself, creating a vortex sucking each and everyone in, placing them in a hostile world where they need to mine iron and copper all day long and hide from biters.

Vinnie_NL
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vinnie_NL »

xng wrote:If 0.15 is not released soon this community will collaps in on itself, creating a vortex sucking each and everyone in, placing them in a hostile world where they need to mine iron and copper all day long and hide from biters.
Real life Factorio then, I guess the ultimate dream for many of us. As long as we can build some sort of factory to automate the mining of iron and copper, and other resources and then make products of it and finally launch a rocket into space to get back to our own world. Or just keep launching rockets if we want to.

xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xng »

Vinnie_NL wrote:
xng wrote:If 0.15 is not released soon this community will collaps in on itself, creating a vortex sucking each and everyone in, placing them in a hostile world where they need to mine iron and copper all day long and hide from biters.
Real life Factorio then, I guess the ultimate dream for many of us. As long as we can build some sort of factory to automate the mining of iron and copper, and other resources and then make products of it and finally launch a rocket into space to get back to our own world. Or just keep launching rockets if we want to.
The thing is that in all other worlds that biters live in humans always evolves in just minutes into creatures that can pocketcraft just about anything and carry almost an unlimited amount of gravel and machines in their backpack.

They also gain lots of knowledge in electronics and physics.

That is how it is.

Everyone knows this.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Has any dev mentioned what would happen with the speedrun achievements after 0.15? I would assume it'll take more time to complete the game after the update than it does in 0.14.

Return to “Releases”