Not everything we want to do is there, basically the main points. Also we can't guarantee we will be able to implement everything we mentioned (golden rule: everything takes longer than expected).
Factorio 0.17 (Jan 2019)
- GUI Reskin and redoing major GUIs.
- New graphics back-end, SDL, OpenGL, DX11, v-sync fix, texture streaming, VRAM usage optimizations, shaders.
- Mod integration improvements. Mainly extend the feature of syncing mods with save from save loading to multiplayer game joining, mod browsing improvements, which should at least show the mod picture and more smaller things.
- New Map Editor.
- Map generator improvements and fixes, autoplace specification improvements and documentation.
- Rich text.
- Robot construction tools.
- More High-Resolution sprites, notably walls, gates, turrets, belts, biters, spawners, electric poles.
- Better fluid physics.
- Many modding and scripting additions.
- Mini tutorials. We would like to iteratively improve the quality of the tutorials based on our first attempts and cover the rest of the game mechanics by it.
- New Tutorial
- New Campaign
- High-Resolution sprites for the rest of the game, including few changes to some entities.
- Final game balancing.
- Final GUI improvement. Finishing the rest of the GUIs in the game.
Factorio 0.16 (December 2017)
- More high res stuff
- New terrain generation
- Artillery train
- General update optimizations
- Allow loading games with different mod settings (and automatically download the mods if necessary)
- More mini-tutorials
- Dirty mining. (Way to get more resources from mining posts at a cost of additional industry, logistics requirements and investment)
We decided to not do this, the mining productivity research seems to be solving the problem.
Factorio 0.15 (April 2017)
- Nuclear power
- Blueprint preservation (Export/import blueprints)
- Update optimizations (belts + pipes)
- Research Revolution
- Combat balance
- Liquid wagon + universal barreling
- New 3x2 boiler
- Map interaction improvements, map tags and 'zoom to map'
- High res graphics introduction (This means just some parts of the game will be in high res in this version)
- Circuit network additions, improvements and optimizations
- New terrain
- Scenario pack extension - Wave defense and PvP scenario
- First set of interactive mini tutorials
Factorio 0.14 (August 2016)
- Multiplayer production polish (move from "usable if you try hard and overlook imperfections" to "just works")
- Modding support for equipment grids in vehicles.
Factorio 0.13 (June 2016)
- Proper tech tree.
- Second part of the circuit network extension (power switch, gate, train station, accumulator and logistic network integration to circuit network)
- Additional train conditions (wait until full, wait until empty, wait until circuit condition)
- Flamethrower turret
- Fire (forests can catch on fire)
- Basic Multiplayer matching server (allow listing running MP games via a central location)
- Better rail building
- Better train managing possibilities.
- Modules in blueprints.
- Centralized mod portal and its integration in the game
- Train graphics and vertical/horizontal discrepancy fix.
- Stack inserter
Factorio 0.12 (July 2015)
- Multiplayer enhancements (lag hiding, better pvp/forces support, IPv6 support, DNS names)
- First part of the endgame content. (Build rocket and send it to space).
- Chain signals (trains).
- Combinator and more circuit logic.
- Personal roboport
- Logistic trash fields.
- First part of nature destruction by pollution (only tree related now).
- First part of new ambient music update.
- Optimisation of the game simulation speed.
- New graphics of combat robots
- Buildable floors. (concrete + stone)
- Attempt of steam integration
Factorio 0.11 (31. October 2014)
- Multiplayer for the brave ones
- New player graphics (3 versions depending on armor and colored depending on the player color)
- The first (simple) instance of a tank
- VRAM saving optimizations
Factorio 0.10 (June 2014)
- Finish the trailer. This is a #1 priority now Together with this we will work on presentation (finish new logo, new forum skin, new screenshots on web, credits page in the game)
- Functional replays. This will be a side-effect of multiplayer efforts.
- Improve Map creation process (shareable map generation string, simpler map generation settings.
- "Factory sound background". Entities in the game will have specific sounds that play when player is near.
Factorio 0.9 (February 2014)
- Oil/Chemicals industry.
- Biomes and doodads.
Factorio 0.8 (released at the beginning of December 2013)
- Standard Campaign rework.
- New terrain.
- Repairing robots (can reconstruct buildings as well)
- Map Editor rework
Factorio 0.7 (released in september 2013):
- Improved Combat mechanics and modular armors.
- More enemy variety and intelligent enemy behavior.
- Moddable weapons and attacks.
Factorio 0.6 (released in august 2013):
- Better looking terrain.
- Improvements to the map generator.
- Map of discovered part of the world.
- Speed improvements (multithreading).
Factorio 0.5 (released in June 2013):
- Automatic Factorio updater
- no need for manual download anymore
- Usability improvements
- better visualisation for building railroads
- electricity statistics
- fixes of ongoing bugs
- loads of small improvements (things like alt info for wagons, easier semaphore building, etc.)
- Graphics Gui rework
- the design for the new gui is ready and now it will be implemented
- Railroads improvements
- Train path finding uses signals for path recalculation
- Train can go backwards (when having locomotives on both ends)
- different Train stops can be merged into one station
- God mode
- play without the character
Factorio 0.4 (released in May 2013):
- Game determinism and replay
- This is a first step towards the multiplayer
- Involves the replay functionality improvements (pause, fast forward, etc.)
- First version of the scenario pack
- There will be three scenarios to start with
- Originally a stretch goal however we got a lot of requests for this
- There is already some functionality for the trains in the game and we want to finish it
- Electricity improvements
- Accumulator entity
- Large electric pole
- Electric substation