Factorio Roadmap for 1.0.

Information about releases and roadmap.
CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.15 + 0.16

Post by CorBlimey »

is there any guesstimate ETA? Im starting to feel the urge again (there's been a lot of competition recently for me) but would want to wait if we can expect 0.15 within a month

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

they didnt give any eta, but i think at least it will be next summer...minimum.. if not next winter :o
... remember, evertything take more time than expected :lol:
i start to be impatient to try these new science packs, but even more to ride that spidertron.. if its still in the plan :mrgreen:
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Wackerstamfer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wackerstamfer »

CorBlimey wrote:is there any guesstimate ETA? Im starting to feel the urge again (there's been a lot of competition recently for me) but would want to wait if we can expect 0.15 within a month
:lol: the last 11 post before you were about your question :roll: did you read those? Short answer is no :cry:

Who knows what todays FF will say though :!:

Bartimaeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bartimaeus »

Just be patient my friends ... ;-)

Dyscordia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dyscordia »

Bartimaeus wrote:Just be patient my friends ... ;-)

I can't... need more factorio!!! :D

henke37
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by henke37 »

I think they might be putting in too much in the same release. They should probably split it up a bit. Multithreading+bunch of minor optimization+nuclear+new science+combat balancing+hd sprites+fluid wagons and even more. Just one of those categories would be enough for a new release.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

henke37 wrote:I think they might be putting in too much in the same release. They should probably split it up a bit. Multithreading+bunch of minor optimization+nuclear+new science+combat balancing+hd sprites+fluid wagons and even more. Just one of those categories would be enough for a new release.
Most of those things are being worked on by different people. Graphics related things are (almost) completely separate from coding. New science is just effectively new graphics, balancing and prototype changes/additions. Optimizations are pure code etc. They have a team of ~10 people with varying expertise. They can't all be working on same tasks.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

henke37 wrote:I think they might be putting in too much in the same release. They should probably split it up a bit. Multithreading+bunch of minor optimization+nuclear+new science+combat balancing+hd sprites+fluid wagons and even more. Just one of those categories would be enough for a new release.
They will postpone features if they really refuse to fit in the schedule, making the major updates more frequent generally would be bad for modding though.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Actually I am hoping it gets delayed so I can finish my mod run of 0.14 before .15 hits :)

neoc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by neoc »

Mendel wrote:Actually I am hoping it gets delayed so I can finish my mod run of 0.14 before .15 hits :)
Now that someone would find a delay useful it will probably hit tomorrow. Thanks :D

MorrigannaB
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MorrigannaB »

So are you planning on adding more ores? Also I think you guys should add some amount of customization like placeable decorations and stuff like that. It's an addicting game and I wish I bought it sooner than I did.

neoc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by neoc »

MorrigannaB wrote:So are you planning on adding more ores? Also I think you guys should add some amount of customization like placeable decorations and stuff like that. It's an addicting game and I wish I bought it sooner than I did.
There are many mods which add ores to the game, like Bob's mods for example.

Not saying they couldn't add more decorative stuff to the base game, but there are plenty of mods for this, for example More_Floors.

j0yb0y
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio Roadmap

Post by j0yb0y »

This is AMAIZING! I can't wait for the new GUI. maybe each armor have different GUI, like Power armor has cooler GUI instead of the earlier one.

epiccraft_tv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by epiccraft_tv »

Is there an ETA for version 0.15 to be released?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Rseding91 in FF#177 wrote:Work has been going swiftly on 0.15, but there are still many major topics we have left to close. We mentioned previously that our estimate for release would be near the end of February, and while this has been our internal goal, we won't quite be able to make it.
(...)
The extending bug fixing of 0.14 was no doubt necessary, but it has led us to be somewhat behind schedule on several features of 0.15. Our current optimistic estimate is that we will be able to release an experimental version of 0.15 at the end of March, and we will keep you all up to date on its progress.
that's the latest official statement that I found.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

epiccraft_tv wrote:Is there an ETA for version 0.15 to be released?
The obvious answer is it can't be soon enough! :twisted:
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

so i heard you need some ETA

RaviorMetal
Inserter
Inserter

1.0 without endgame?

Post by RaviorMetal »

I've a question here.
In the first post of this thread was said, that 0.16 would become v1.0 when its stable.
Is this such a good Idea? As far as I know, the endgame is still missing and the game is simply ending with a dialogbox telling you your stats. I think this could be a disappointment for people who think its a full game.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 1.0 without endgame?

Post by Klonan »

RaviorMetal wrote:I've a question here.
In the first post of this thread was said, that 0.16 would become v1.0 when its stable.
Is this such a good Idea? As far as I know, the endgame is still missing and the game is simply ending with a dialogbox telling you your stats. I think this could be a disappointment for people who think its a full game.
0.16 might include a new endgame

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 1.0 without endgame?

Post by mexmer »

Klonan wrote:
RaviorMetal wrote:I've a question here.
0.16 might include a new endgame
:o :? :roll: :mrgreen:

Return to “Releases”