[0.9.6] Blueprint: Buildings rotated after placement

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
inthev01d
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.9.6] Blueprint: Buildings rotated after placement

Post by inthev01d »

For some blueprints, the rotation of the blueprint before placement is not the same as the buildings that are actually placed. It seems that the checks if the position is ok are done correctly, but after the left click that places the buildings they are rotated differently.
One of the blueprints this happens for is in a chest right next to the player character.

Again, as the save was too large, here's a link to a file hoster:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-876 ... n.zip.html

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.9.6] Blueprint: Buildings rotated after placement

Post by ssilk »

Yes, that sounds exactly like this:

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =18&t=2839

As with my problem there, your blueprints work, after saving/loading.

But now I mean saw a very, very short rotation, when first selected.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I tested the blueprint (with 2 assembling machines 4 inserters 5 electric poles and transport belts) and it was working correctly for me.
What exactly is wrong?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. I could describe only my example from the linked post: It was like explained by inthev01d . The blueprints have a visible orientation and that didn't match with the orientation, which is used for "position check"/placed items.

I recorded a blueprint, then used it correctly. But after restarting the game the next day, they where rotated like that. One was rotated 90 degrees and the second 180 degrees. The 180 degrees blueprint was placed always in the same orientation, no matter how I rotated it. After saving/restarting it worked.

As promised in the other post I tried to reproduce that, but no luck. I have all the saves and couldn't reproduce that. I'll try to send them tomorrow, perhaps it helps.

inthev01d
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by inthev01d »

Ok this is puzzling… I tried reloading that save several times to make sure the bug persisted before I posted it, but didn't restart factorio. Now, after a reboot, it works fine for me too. Guess I should have tried that too before reporting, sorry…
I did a search for similar problems and looked through the bug reports of course, but missed ssilk's post.

Good to know restarting factorio is a workaroud. When this happens again I'll try if this really needs a restart of factorio or is indeed fixed by saving/reloading and I'm somehow mistaken. This might be hard to debug if the effects of the bug don't propagate into the contents of the save. Hopefully we can figure out a way to replicate this…

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

@inthev01d: no, no, it was right and really important to post it. A bug like that needs a second example and the fact that it disappears after restarting factorio is very important.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Maybe I misunderstand the report.

Is the whole blueprint rotated differently than previewed or the individual machines (inserters, transport belts) have different rotations while the whole blueprint structure has the correct rotation?

inthev01d
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by inthev01d »

It's the whole blueprint, the components are rotated correctly. The assembers in the blueprint in my save would still work correctly when the bug occured, it's as if I had rotated everything again by pressing 'R'. I even used this or a similar blueprint in one case where this happened by trying different rotations and placements until the result was correct.

Everything seemed fine and I could place the blueprint only when there were no red parts, but after the final left-click the building ghosts that appeared were as if the blueprint was in fact placed in a different rotation.

I'm sorry I can't explain this any better, I will make screenshots if it happens again.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hits it very good.
With my words: I saw, that it can't be placed, even if there is nothing below. Then find a place, where it could be placed and saw, that it was the rotated blueprint. And then I realized, that this was the reason, why it can't be placed before. Then I begun to find the rules: the blueprint is shown in this direction, but placed in that. I compared, if anything else was wrong, but really nothing. Tried other blueprint, which was turned 180 degrees....

N3X15
Inserter
Inserter

Post by N3X15 »

kovarex wrote:Maybe I misunderstand the report.

Is the whole blueprint rotated differently than previewed or the individual machines (inserters, transport belts) have different rotations while the whole blueprint structure has the correct rotation?
It's like the blueprint has been rotated once with R when you place it. This only seems to happen after first upgrade, however, so I'm wondering if the serialization in the save is initially borked.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I already found out what is the cause yesterday. It was bugged this way, if something with diagonal direction was built before. (rail, signal etc.), as the conversion from diagonal->orthogonal direction was not consistent in the preview vs building.

It is fixed for 0.9.7 now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”