Re: [MOD 0.14.4+] Creative Mode 0.1.5 - WIP Beta Test for 0.2.0

Post by aubergine18 »

Nexela wrote:

Code: Select all

Immediately get anything you request from your personal logistic slots
What about:

Instant delivery of personal logistic slot requests
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

But they are not delivered they just appear :)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:Not sure if this bug persists in the very latest beta (I was running the version from some days ago) but I placed a car and got this:
img
I've since updated to the very latest beta so will let you know if it happens again.
hm.. I will investigate on it.

Edit: tested with the beta test version, couldn't reproduce it, with or without events printed to console. :?
aubergine18 wrote:Image

wat?
Typo. :mrgreen:
This happens when I work until 7,8am before sleep. :lol:
Thanks for the reports.

Yes, I think Nexela's suggestion is better. No delivery is involved. Just magic. ;)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Just noticed we don't have a voiding logistic storage chest :). It IS a lot of work to put down a storage chest and a matter void

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Nexela wrote:Just noticed we don't have a voiding logistic storage chest :). It IS a lot of work to put down a storage chest and a matter void
there is a void requester chest.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

a requester does not behave the same way as storage.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

if your too lazy to put down one item, send me your save and i'll play the game for you. ;)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

But I am not too lazy to put down 1 item, I am to lazy to put down 2 items :) and that is why I am asking for the void storage :p

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:Just noticed we don't have a voiding logistic storage chest :).
I can add that. It will be easy.

But about this:
Nexela wrote:Request - interfaces - allow to click to run interface with no arguments.
After some tests, I have to reject this, because the chance of having error is too high.
Many remote methods are expected to be typed by players in game. They use game.player to do stuffs.
(e.g. the methods in this mod)
If I call them via script, game.player will be nil, and therefore, error will occur.
I have implemented it, but such option will be hidden. I don't want people reporting bugs because they accidentally clicked the wrong button. :)

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Maybe mods could add a "creative_mode" method to their interfaces which, when called without params, would return a list of CM compatible methods on that interface. CM could then enable those to be called via UI.

This would be useful, for example, as a mod could provide a bunch of test/dev methods on its interface that will then be accessible via CM modding UI.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:Maybe mods could add a "creative_mode" method to their interfaces which, when called without params, would return a list of CM compatible methods on that interface. CM could then enable those to be called via UI.

This would be useful, for example, as a mod could provide a bunch of test/dev methods on its interface that will then be accessible via CM modding UI.
Or I create a remote method for other mods to register the callable method names. :)

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

677.008 Error MainLoop.cpp:788: Exception at tick 2967: Error while running event on_put_item (ID 9)
LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid.
stack traceback:
	__creative-mode__/scripts/cheats.lua:1481: in function 'on_put_item'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:141: in function '?'
	__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:540: in function <__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:503>
Not sure if it's relevant but at the time my player main inventory was completely full.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:

677.008 Error MainLoop.cpp:788: Exception at tick 2967: Error while running event on_put_item (ID 9)
stack traceback:
	__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:540: in function <__creative-mode__/scripts/events.lua:503>
Not sure if it's relevant but at the time my player main inventory was completely full.
Thanks for the report. I think I have fixed this in my latest version, but I will confirm it with the test version. ;)

Working on the first magic wand. After it is finished, I think I can put another test version.
And when I also finish the other two magic wands, I will release it to the mod portal. 8-)

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

I found a BUG!

Instant Deconstruction is ON!

Greetz,

Senpai
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

LuziferSenpai wrote:I found a BUG!

Instant Deconstruction is ON!

Greetz,

Senpai
Ah, yes. I can confirm this even in my development version. I will take a look on it.
Thanks for the report. :D

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:

stack traceback:
May I know what have you done to produce this bug?
I tried building things like furnace, missile silo and car after making my main inventory as well as the quick bar full. But still the error didn't show up.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

I think I was placing an offshore pump. Also, I didn't have any of the CM event loggers enabled.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:I think I was placing an offshore pump. Also, I didn't have any of the CM event loggers enabled.
I managed to produce that error when I built a missile silo in another game. But it doesn't always happen.
I will add a fail-safe there anyway. Hopefully we will find the real cause later. Thanks. ;)

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Just another thought - that offshore pump was the initial component placed for one of my wooden bridges (it ensures correct starting point for bridge). I immediately swap it out for a pipe-to-ground to get visualisation when placing the other end of the bridge. So it's possible something in the event handler was assuming the entity was still valid, when in fact it had been deleted via event in my mod triggered first.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:Just another thought - that offshore pump was the initial component placed for one of my wooden bridges (it ensures correct starting point for bridge). I immediately swap it out for a pipe-to-ground to get visualisation when placing the other end of the bridge. So it's possible something in the event handler was assuming the entity was still valid, when in fact it had been deleted via event in my mod triggered first.
But do you swap the cursor stack or the built entity? (I think we can't change cursor stack?)
If it is the later case, then it shouldn't cause the error. :geek:

Return to “Mods”