Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by YuokiTani »

i have ordered the icons, but i forget these UC and new Icons for Industrial-Smelting ^^
-> so moved to next version

battery-recipe is changed back to the old-recipe, and Alien-Artifact-Recipe changed again and is now in Atomics-Tab.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Hello Yuoki, you may find this topic interesting: Always show recipe product(s) on tooltip

Basically, I requested the devs for always showing recipe products on tooltip even if the recipe has only one product. But it turns out we can already do that in the recipe prototype. Just add

Code: Select all

main_product = ""
in the recipe prototype, and maybe also change "result" to "results", then the product will be shown on the tooltip.

I think it will be useful for new players to understand the production chain more easily. ;)

(I will make a mod for applying that to all recipes.)

Edit: oh, you will need to set the recipe icon explicitly if you add main_product.
Edit2: looks like it requires more things than I thought. I am making a mod for displaying all recipe products. Will let you know the result.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

I used this main_product key in mostly all recipes with Tech-Signs because i encounter the same problem before.
But i forgot to add this change to my mod-editor so the newest exports in yi_engines bring this problem back again.
i will change my editor-code to export always a main_product even it's only one product.

if you don't have your mod ready yet - wait for next release - it's closer as you maybe think.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

YuokiTani wrote:I used this main_product key in mostly all recipes with Tech-Signs because i encounter the same problem before.
But i forgot to add this change to my mod-editor so the newest exports in yi_engines bring this problem back again.
i will change my editor-code to export always a main_product even it's only one product.

if you don't have your mod ready yet - wait for next release - it's closer as you maybe think.
Ah, I see. It is good to have this in the mod to help new players. Thanks for that. :D

But I will make the mod anyway, because I want to make all recipes, not only from your mods, to have the same effect. :mrgreen:

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Yuoki 4.60, no English localization for Yuoki Logistics and Constuction robots (all forms - item, recipe, entity).

draziel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by draziel »

Hi !

First of all, great mod !

I like the concept of creating something from nothing. This is my feedback on the current mod problems :

1/ spliced zells packaging doesn't seems to give empty fringus back. Is it normal ?

2/ organic ferrum is so expensive to grow... you need more than 60 steel plates ! And tons of MF ! But it seems utterly unrewarding to export. You should be able to crush the organic ferrum to make iron ore or smelt it to cover the cost of raising them back or do something with them...

3/ exporting food should at least give some uc back... i mean : you don't run charity no ?

4/ the only bug which seems worth raising is the omnitrit... 1 reputation = 90 science = 1000 merchant sign

5/ merchant sign seems so useless... the only thing you can do is craft the merchant monument (which is totally not worth it) and trade it for reputation... I think you should raise A LOT the crafting speed of the monuments... like 2~5 merchant sign/s ? We all know that money gives more money...
Or else we should be able to craft some productivity signs with it to put in oil factory...

6/ The BP and FT process with productivity modules give more catalyst used than consumed... not sure if it's intended

7/ You should be able to burn alien blood.... as a hidden feature mwhahaha... but the max temp only goes to 42° which is pretty bad... make it go at some ridiculous boiling point like 2k or 5k° ?

8/ It seems that the best way to earn UC is farm -> compost -> BP/FT -> sell... i think that the end tier export of food should be a lot more rewarding... (mainly scraps...)

9/ You should make the reputation max stack size bigger.

10/ It would be nice to be able to tradde UC2 for normal UC... UC hoarding is the way =)

And one question : does the MF at 500° gives 5 times the energy of the same quantity of water at 100° or much more ? (in other terms : did you modify the energy/liter/°C of MF or not ?)

Maybe i'll post some parts of my factory later...

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

draziel wrote:Hi !

6/ The BP and FT process with productivity modules give more catalyst used than consumed... not sure if it's intended
Not so much intended but a side effect of allowing productivity usage on the recipe. The excess catalyst could be rendered nil if a different ratio is used to "force" the use of productivity modules. Would you prefer that to the current side-effect?
draziel wrote: 7/ You should be able to burn alien blood.... as a hidden feature mwhahaha... but the max temp only goes to 42° which is pretty bad... make it go at some ridiculous boiling point like 2k or 5k° ?
You can't boil fluid in this game so I don't know what you mean
draziel wrote: And one question : does the MF at 500° gives 5 times the energy of the same quantity of water at 100° or much more ? (in other terms : did you modify the energy/liter/°C of MF or not ?)
Of course it was modified. It's more like 10x the energy if I remember the heat capacity right.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

yes, Fatmice you remember correct ...
also last YI-version includes a middle-fluid IWE with raised stats, cheapers as MF and more expensive as water

1.) of course you export frozen cells ... if they smelt they are worthless
2.) organic ferrum turns in long plans into organic metal constructions like armor and other exclusive things and you export these. current recipes are temporary and unfinished same for verotion, chitrotion and omtrinit - recipes ... i will talk about its all finished.
3.) exporting meat give you UC and DNA - it's not visible yet, but all is part of a bigger concept - of course it should work also now in this state
4, 5) i need to start with something ... it's all work in progress and will changed later ...
8.) If you have a good example-build post it in theocrafting thread - helps other players and me to fix balance issues
9.) it's not intended to store these, atm it's missing more ingame-need-recipes ... because the research is very ugly in vanilla, i can't use reputation/fame for buying research-blueprints (original idea) ... so my mod has many drawback's, concept-holes and broken story/production-lines :)
10.) Fluid-UC ? - i can't raise UC-consumption endless because it equals vanilla-ressources. IWE uses a little UC to improve your power-system if you want ... i think a smarter concept.

Thanks for the Feedback

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

9. ... because the research is very ugly in vanilla, i can't use reputation/fame for buying research-blueprints
Having spent some time with lab's lately what are you looking to do?

You can make a new entity based off the lab prototype that takes your fame in place of science packs and you can create tech that uses your fame as research? If you want it instant you could crank up your lab's speed?

Bob's modules does this with a module lab and consumes module boards to be able to research higher tier modules.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Peppe wrote:
9. ... because the research is very ugly in vanilla, i can't use reputation/fame for buying research-blueprints
Having spent some time with lab's lately what are you looking to do?
You can make a new entity based off the lab prototype that takes your fame in place of science packs and you can create tech that uses your fame as research? If you want it instant you could crank up your lab's speed?
Bob's modules does this with a module lab and consumes module boards to be able to research higher tier modules.
Thanks, but i like it this way ...

Offworld-Blueprint Buying via Laika-Gate as single-action, and aviable Blueprints shown only if your internal total-produced fame-counter reaches needed levels ...
the blueprint then needs (normal?) research to adapt production-process into this world ;)

of course it's possible to shorten this to -Laika-Gate is research-lab and reputation works as flask's(research-potions?)

looks like i should think about this in general ...

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Why is "Yuoki Industries" setting the player build and reach distance to 10k? It rather ruins the experience.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

credomane wrote:Why is "Yuoki Industries" setting the player build and reach distance to 10k? It rather ruins the experience.
answer: i'am annoyed waiting for mod-updates for long-reach, inventory-size after a factorio-version jump. so it's included now.

In this context i will say, every mod ruins the vanilla experience. (with robots you can build also in vanilla at visible screen, and get items from nowhere)
If you found this in code you can disable it for your gameplay.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

YuokiTani wrote:
credomane wrote:Why is "Yuoki Industries" setting the player build and reach distance to 10k? It rather ruins the experience.
answer: i'am annoyed waiting for mod-updates for long-reach, inventory-size after a factorio-version jump. so it's included now.

In this context i will say, every mod ruins the vanilla experience. (with robots you can build also in vanilla at visible screen, and get items from nowhere)
If you found this in code you can disable it for your gameplay.
What he probably means was why include it in the main mod. It would have been just as easy to make a small file with those bits in it for yourself or even put it up as "if you too miss these mods, use this".
Including it in the main mod takes the choice away from people is my guess what his point is. Editing the zip contents isn't everyones cup of tea eh.

Then again, I also don't like long reach (I find it makes me lazy) so I just move to where I need to be anyway and pretend it's not there.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Ratzap wrote:What he probably means was why include it in the main mod. It would have been just as easy to make a small file with those bits in it for yourself or even put it up as "if you too miss these mods, use this".
Including it in the main mod takes the choice away from people is my guess what his point is. Editing the zip contents isn't everyones cup of tea eh.
Then again, I also don't like long reach (I find it makes me lazy) so I just move to where I need to be anyway and pretend it's not there.
good argumentation + suggestion of a solution - i can follow this -> removed in next version

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

YuokiTani wrote:In this context i will say, every mod ruins the vanilla experience.
Agreed. I should have explained what I meant better, my apologies.

I was trying my hand at the "BAY Life". Plus a bunch of other "helper" mods Nucular, Warehousing, etc. I noticed the issue pretty quick. After scratching my head at what mod could be possibly be doing that since none of them advertised such a change. I setup a unzip -> grep pipe searching for _distance and came up with Yuoki Industries setting the distances to 10k.

I immediately posted here in my confusion to learn why this was included in the mod when it didn't appear to be part of the mod's intentions. I understand bots effectively allow for the mostly the same thing in the later stages but always having is OP to me.
YuokiTani wrote:
Ratzap wrote:What he probably means was why include it in the main mod. It would have been just as easy to make a small file with those bits in it for yourself or even put it up as "if you too miss these mods, use this".
good argumentation + suggestion of a solution - i can follow this -> removed in next version
That's fantastic. I hadn't expected a reply to my question already and was coming back to edit my post and offer the suggestion of a "trigger" mod to disable the long reach feature. Moving it to an entirely separate mod you maintain works too. :D

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

YuokiTani wrote:
For small mods like that i usually just extract it -- update the info.json to the latest factorio version and generally it still works, but I leave it unzipped.

If the mod author updates the folder gets deleted and it switches to the mod author's zip version and i no longer worry about it. If it stays abandoned or has issues maybe you get a fan update from a forum thread, look for a clone on the portal, or clone it yourself :P

Long Reach and bigger inventories are popular, but i guess not for everyone.

You and Bob's both increase the starting inventory size, but i guess no one is complaining about that one. It makes sense since you each add a bunch of items.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

You could copy the method I use with the trigger mods to turn on/off certain key features. Easy to set up for you, easy to add for everyone using your mods.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Arch666Angel wrote:You could copy the method I use with the trigger mods to turn on/off certain key features. Easy to set up for you, easy to add for everyone using your mods.
i'am unorganized and chaotic - so i need things i can remember ... but i will take a look.

draziel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by draziel »

Hi again.

Some simple suggenstion :

Plasma capsule should work with the pasma gun :/
You should raise the number of module slots of the top tier assembly ( assembly C-2 ?). It currently only has 2 and so it is worse than the previous one :/

PS : where do i see generator (not boier) efficiency ?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

- plasma-gun is removed in latest/next version ... so only plasma-turret is left - but i think about switching energy-cells (Lasergun) to plasma-capsule ...
- it's only worse if you don't stick module in the top-tier ... it's 5, 6, 10 ... i changed to 5, 7.5, 10
- generator-efficency is on first post of this thread -> value-sheet

Return to “Yuoki Industries”