Post by FactorioBot »

• Changes
    • The following settings are now settable only in server-settings:
      • allow_commands - default is "admins-only"
      • autosave_interval - default is 10
      • autosave_slots - default is 5
      • afk_autokick_interval - default is 0
      • auto_pause - default is true
    • Added /toggle-heavy-mode command. It can be used to generate files that help us to investigate server in a state where all new players get a desync loop.
    • Desync reports are now much bigger, but have bigger chance of being useful.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed trains slowly moving forward when stopped on a signal (32733).
    • Hopefully fixed Lua desyncs caused by string formatting functions behaving differently on different platforms.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.14.12

Post by aubergine18 »

Hopefully fixed Lua desyncs caused by string formatting functions behaving differently on different platforms.
Awesome! This means we can use `%f` in `string.format()`?
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

the new lines for server-settings.json

Code: Select all

"_comment_allow_commands": "possible values are, true, false and admins-only",
  "allow_commands": "admins-only",
"_comment_autosave_interval": "Autosave interval in minutes",
  "autosave_interval": 10,
"_comment_autosave_slots": "server autosave slots, it is cycled through when the server autosaves.",
  "autosave_slots": 5,
"_comment_afk_autokick_interval": "How many minutes until someone is kicked when doing nothing, 0 for never.",
  "afk_autokick_interval": 0,
"_comment_auto_pause": "Wheter should the server be paused when no players are present.",
  "auto_pause": true,
[edit] max_upload_in_kilobytes_per_second is broken. (map download stalls)
Last edited by impetus maximus on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

aubergine18 wrote:
Hopefully fixed Lua desyncs caused by string formatting functions behaving differently on different platforms.
Depends on how they fixed it. The default lua implementation seems to use sprintf, which can use localization settings in certain cases. Dunno if factorio does the same, but there are all kinds of odds and ends with this on linux.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

aubergine18 wrote:
That's the idea.

I_LOVE_WAFFLES
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by I_LOVE_WAFFLES »

The fact that you amazing people are able to get an update out on an almost daily basis is truly stunning. :o :) :) :) :mrgreen:

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

I_LOVE_WAFFLES wrote:The fact that you amazing people are able to get an update out on an almost daily basis is truly stunning. :o :) :) :) :mrgreen:
I really hate to tell you, but there is nothing stunning about - using standard regular modern software devleopment practices.

In modern software development, a build is fully automated. Check in - tests run. Want a deployment, trigger it - the rest happens automatically. Uploading it to a website is the trivial part - I know companies deploying software on dozens of servers automatically when the development teams want it.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Asking for password for the version checK?

Can you fix that? Up to .14.10 it did not happen. NOw I have to reenter the password every time I start - which is not nice.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

TheTom wrote:
I_LOVE_WAFFLES wrote:The fact that you amazing people are able to get an update out on an almost daily basis is truly stunning. :o :) :) :) :mrgreen:
I really hate to tell you, but there is nothing stunning about - using standard regular modern software devleopment practices.

In modern software development, a build is fully automated. Check in - tests run. Want a deployment, trigger it - the rest happens automatically. Uploading it to a website is the trivial part - I know companies deploying software on dozens of servers automatically when the development teams want it.
All we have left is to automate the bug fixing and feature development

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

TheTom wrote:I really hate to tell you, but there is nothing stunning about - using standard regular modern software devleopment practices.

Can you share the blueprint for automated programming please? :shock:

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

TheTom wrote:

If only it were 'standard, regular'. The reality is that it's a massive undertaking to get existing projects working with a proper build and deployment system.

It's quite possibly the best time investment you can make, along with automated testing (unit/integration/whatever, anything is better than nothing). But don't pretend it's simple, easy, or fast. The vast majority of software is old, crufty, and not designed with 'modern' practices in mind. It's difficult to convince the bean counters that spending hundreds of man hours fixing parts a customer doesn't see is a good idea. It's very typical to just want more features, because features are easy to sell. Rarely is 'performance' a feature.

I'm not real happy with my current workplace, as it falls far to the terrible side of software development. If I knew before I started that they not only don't have source control, but don't even know that it exists, I wouldn't have taken the job. It's ridiculous. I've pushed them into using Git, but automated testing/deployment is gonna be a while... We only have one 'developer', and a couple business analysts that also look at the odd code related item. As that one developer it's also my job to: man the help desk phone for 300 users, update content on our websites, and fix all the SQL that the business analysts write. So I do helpdesk stuff for about two hours a day, website content for another two, and the rest I try to make progress on our hopelessly outdated software stack.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

starholme wrote:
TheTom wrote:

If only it were 'standard, regular'. The reality is that it's a massive undertaking to get existing projects working with a proper build and deployment system.

It's quite possibly the best time investment you can make, along with automated testing (unit/integration/whatever, anything is better than nothing). But don't pretend it's simple, easy, or fast. The vast majority of software is old, crufty, and not designed with 'modern' practices in mind. It's difficult to convince the bean counters that spending hundreds of man hours fixing parts a customer doesn't see is a good idea. It's very typical to just want more features, because features are easy to sell. Rarely is 'performance' a feature.

I'm not real happy with my current workplace, as it falls far to the terrible side of software development. If I knew before I started that they not only don't have source control, but don't even know that it exists, I wouldn't have taken the job. It's ridiculous. I've pushed them into using Git, but automated testing/deployment is gonna be a while... We only have one 'developer', and a couple business analysts that also look at the odd code related item. As that one developer it's also my job to: man the help desk phone for 300 users, update content on our websites, and fix all the SQL that the business analysts write. So I do helpdesk stuff for about two hours a day, website content for another two, and the rest I try to make progress on our hopelessly outdated software stack.
Sounds like hell, you should have quit the job long time ago!

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

kovarex wrote:
starholme wrote:
TheTom wrote:

Sounds like hell, you should have quit the job long time ago and join us!
Fixed. ;)

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

starholme wrote:It's difficult to convince the bean counters that spending hundreds of man hours fixing parts a customer doesn't see is a good idea.
Judging from a couple other games I play, it is also difficult to convince them about fixing parts that are glaringly obvious for the player to see, as well. :D

-- Smoov

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

starholme wrote:It's difficult to convince the bean counters
Ah yes - the ones who know the price of everything and the value of nothing!
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starholme »

Mooncat wrote:
kovarex wrote:
starholme wrote:
TheTom wrote:

Sounds like hell, you should have quit the job long time ago and join us!
Fixed. ;)
Honest to god, if I was any good at c++ I would be applying. It's like a dream job. I'm a decent developer but all my skill lie elsewhere: Javascript and c#

Return to “Releases”