[MOD 0.13.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Topics and discussion about specific mods

Should I create a landfill?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:40 am

Yes - but be selective on what can go in
10%
Yes - any intermediates
30%
Yes - but require something (wood?) to dispose of products.
20%
No - maybe call it something else (please specify in thread)
No votes
No - not at all.
40%

Total votes: 10

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] CMHMod (my take on balancing Bob's Mods)

Post by CMH »

I re-enabled it because I liked how it forced people to separate it, and deal with both the elements produced. It made it less streamlined, more complex. When it was disabled by default in 0.13 it just became "just another element".

The original use for lead was just for solder and batteries. When you don't need it for solder anymore it hardly had any use.

Now, I have added more demand for nickel, as well as reducing the original ratio for it. All this to play with the relationship between lead + nickel in the galena ore.
(nickel requirement increased for advanced lead processing, rocket production now requires invar which requires nickel, low density alloy also requires nitinol which requires nickel. So LOTS of nickel required. I may need to increase the ratio again, otherwise we'd be swimming in lead, although there would be a huge solder requirement that could absorb it easily, I think).

There has been some decisions made in this mod just to throw a spanner into the works so to say, this is one of them. I do value feedback so if this is something that makes it too much of a hassle, I can implement a way to disable it (a config file within the mod?).

Btw, I'm confused: what do you mean by filter system?

Jools
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jools »

Why i dont see any quartz in whole map? Cant make wood ;/

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Quartz is now made from stone

Jools
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jools »

Ouch. You are right.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Thats ok, its my mod that did it.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

New Version Up
Version 0.2.2

Changes:
Quarts from stone is now a base recipe.
Synthetic wood now removed from game. Oil will produce wood. Reduces the number of recipes a little, as well as simplifying your production line if you use both wood and synthetic wood. (known issue of polishing wheel still showing synthetic wood recipe. Normal wood recipe will usable).
Rocket fuel now requires nitroglycerin if relevant mod is installed (bob's warfare).

bug sniper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bug sniper »

I wasn't able to find any electrum, bauxite, or rutile ore deposits. Are they still placed with your mod?

bug sniper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bug sniper »

Well, I found bauxite. It was just very far away. I don't know if this was because I was running the RSO mod or if this was just natural.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

gold, zinc, quartz and nickel fields have been disabled, and only these.

Spawning for everything else has not been changed (richness/position/etc)

So quite possibly RSO, or maybe bob's made some changes, not sure. But outside of disabling the fields mentioned, I haven't touched anything regarding the raw ore itself.

ironchefpython
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ironchefpython »

One small issue.

I did Bob's + CMHMod + ScienceCostTweaker. With that combination:

Blue Science requires Femto Laser Array requires Femto Laser Emitter requires Gold Bar requires Gold Ore requires Gold Extraction from Electrum which is made in Electric Chemical Furnace which is unlocked by the research Chemical processing 3 which requires Blue Science.

There's a similar chicken/egg situation with zinc.

I'd recommend allowing the recipes that produce gold and zinc to be created in a Metal Mixing Furnace.

Alternatively you could add an intermediate tier of metal mixing furnaces, based on the stats of the energy consumption and speed of the Steel Furnace, maybe a Steel Metal Mixing Furnace that would allow the advanced smelting recipes. (note that your smelting recipes don't use liquids or gasses, so they can go in the metal mixing furnace)

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

I just had a family emergency and had to fly overseas so won't be able to update for a week.

But in light of this issue I might add a very low yield electrum to gold ore recipe. Should fit in with the whole "simple vs advanced" theme I'm going for.

Otterbear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Otterbear »

Do I need both this mod and Bob's mods?

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Yes. But you dont' need all of them, only the prerequisites as written in the first post.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Quick update

New Version Up
Version 0.2.3

Changes:
Gold Extraction from Electrum is now available from the start. This is an ADDED recipe as a simple alternative to the previous gold extraction process and is designed to be of a very low/slow yield, but can be hand crafted.
Advanced Gold Extraction from Electrum is the old recipe.
Synthetic Wood is back. There were some (minor) bugs implementing it, and there's a working mod out there doing the same thing, so I removed it from this mod. Again, no need to change the production line, but recipes will need to be changed.
BobPower removed as a dependency.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi CMH, bob has updated his mods to 0.14? will u update ur mod too or its mod doesn't need to be updated?
Last edited by aklesey1 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I am sorry but your Electrum idea is all messed up....

You dont mine electrum from real world, you combine gold and silver to make electrum. Changing silver to be Electrum and allowing to take gold and silver from electrum at a totally disproportional rate (3 silver and 2 gold make 5 electrum but 5 electrum gives 1 silver and 5 gold...) is weird and counter intuitive!!

It also messes up all other mods that interact with Bob's mods like Angles. One thing is tweaking recipe values, create other uses for an item, a totally diferent thing and greatly disruptive is changing the concept of an item, redo is usage and hope no other mod is also using it...

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

I'm thinking of re-doing this mod, to separate some of the more meddlesome parts of it from what most people come here for.

When I created this I didn't really have a plan, I just knew what I wanted and I wrote it. And I just put all my ideas into this one big mess.

The other thing is that I wanted to add some aspects of the game that I enjoyed, and as you can see from the first post what I enjoyed. If you were not after the extra complexity, this is not the mod for you.

Also says right on the first post that I wanted it to work with Bob's mods, and that all other mods are secondary. However like I said I will re-work this into a few separate parts, and people can choose what they like and what they don't.

Stay tuned.

p.s. I am no expert in metallurgy or mineralogy, or anything similar. My main source of information is Wikipedia, and here's the first sentence on electrum:
Electrum is a naturally occurring alloy of gold and silver, with trace amounts of copper and other metals.
I claim artistic license on the composition found on planet factorio.

Return to “Mods”