[MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Topics and discussion about specific mods
MtnDew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.30] ExtraChests v0.1.4 (Addon for Bob's mod)

Post by MtnDew »

bigyihsuan wrote:I'm getting an error with this mod installed, with a bunch of Bob's Mods. Shame. I really want those updated circuit graphics.

I have gotten a similar error when I turned off parts of bobs that I never used like the extra burner inserters. This mod assumes you aren't disabling any of bobs stuff. Did you turn off near inserters in bobs mod?

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

MtnDew wrote:
bigyihsuan wrote:I'm getting an error with this mod installed, with a bunch of Bob's Mods. Shame. I really want those updated circuit graphics.

I have gotten a similar error when I turned off parts of bobs that I never used like the extra burner inserters. This mod assumes you aren't disabling any of bobs stuff. Did you turn off near inserters in bobs mod?
Nope.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Do the gas and liquid compressors have models? They kinda need them.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Code: Select all

ExtraChests__/data-updates.lua:15:
__ExtraChests__/prototypes/technology-updates.lua:7: attempt ot index field 'lib' (a nil value)
Library is an actual requirement, not optional apperently.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Just wanted to say that I've been using this mod for a while and I really appreciate it. Before I discovered it, Bob's mods were unplayable for me because I spent half my time "hunting for icons" (I have terrible at spatial memory -- my memory palace is more like a run-down old shack). I think the consistent color scheme is also fantastic. I'm surprised everyone doesn't use it.

I wonder if more people would discover your mod if you gave it a different name? "Extra Chests" sounds not terribly exciting, and might not seem worth investigating to someone who was looking specifically for a mod like yours.

Thanks again!

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

I'm still waiting on that bug fix. I can't even play the game with this mod because on that bug, and I REALLY want to play with it.

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

golfmiketango wrote:Just wanted to say that I've been using this mod for a while and I really appreciate it. Before I discovered it, Bob's mods were unplayable for me because I spent half my time "hunting for icons" (I have terrible at spatial memory -- my memory palace is more like a run-down old shack). I think the consistent color scheme is also fantastic. I'm surprised everyone doesn't use it.

I wonder if more people would discover your mod if you gave it a different name? "Extra Chests" sounds not terribly exciting, and might not seem worth investigating to someone who was looking specifically for a mod like yours.

Thanks again!
I think some name like Bob's Colors will suit better (since that is one of the first objectives).

Also, the creator of the mod has some github repo for this?; it will make much easier the collaboration and updates about it.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi everyone, I've been busy and waiting for 0.13 update to return modding as well as waiting for Bob to update his mod.

And since last time, he actually did update quite few things :-) Meaning that there are few things to update and change in my mod too!

First address few issues with 0.1.4 update. I've stated a couple of times that I can't check every single option activated or deactivated from Bob's Mod, sorry about that, but I just can go on and turn on and off each option and see how it interacts with my mod. The "Error in assignID, technology... " comes from the fact that you've deactivated near inserters (techs associate to them too) them from Bob's mod and my mod don't check for that specific technology if present or not, just assumes (wrongly sorry) that if boblogistics is present then all inserters are active, and adds it as part of my express inserters tech's prerequisites. Try to deactivate my inserters or wait for 0.1.5 that is coming soon where I will fix that one at least :lol:

Well, things that matter now, I've got few options that I wouldn't mind to get some feedback before I publish the update, last one for 0.12, next update will be a complete rework, with an updated name too, something like ShineBob_Addon :D

First:
Brain_Tools_Options.png
Brain_Tools_Options.png (69.2 KiB) Viewed 7173 times
I will go for option Option 2 Brains even if I prefer the Option 1 Brains. The Option 2 Brains looks a lot more clear. Then I would choose Option 1 Tools and obviously my Option Frame too. But what do you think, which one is best? Or do you have any suggestion? Happy to get some feedback and come up with something great. Nothing against bob's design, it is clear and functional as it should be, just not shinny as I like them ;-)

Second: ... Turrets updated colours!!!! :D Sure a lot of people will be happy with this.
Turrets.png
Turrets.png (581.73 KiB) Viewed 7173 times
Third: Pumps updated are coming too.
Pumps-icons.png
Pumps-icons.png (10.63 KiB) Viewed 7173 times
There will be more things updated, ammo with the Electric new thing will get an updated icons too, there are already done actually and refinery too as Nickel plate recipes icons updated too. Robots will get an update as well, as techs have changed and few things involved with them too and I had to change things around to make some sense out of it.

Is it me or the word "update" pop up too many time?! :roll: :lol:

It should be out by Tuesday or so. Thanks again for your feedback.

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Thank you! Can't wait for the update, and hopefully bug fixes.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Option 1 Brains, if you inverted the order the wires were added, it would get noticiably bigger with each level, intead of the change getting smaller with each level. That is, do the Purple, then Blue, then Red, then Yellow.

Option 2 Tools are too flamboyant. I might think upside down Option 1 might be better, not sure. It makes it obvious what kind items they are at least.

YUSH: Colored Turrets and Pumps.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.35] ExtraChests v0.1.5 (Addon Shine Bobsmod)

Post by iamwyza »

Have you considered using this to upscale some of the graphics too? viewtopic.php?f=96&t=13142 I love the Waitex resolution. So depending on how hard it'd be to upscale your set, it'd be amazing to have a "regular" and "HD" Shine Bobsmod.

Thanks for this addition, I really love it!

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Error, maybe because Bob's Warfare isn't installed?

Metalface7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Metalface7 »

Will this mod be updated to o.13 versions of bob's mods?

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

Decided to make my first forum post here, just to tell you how much I love your addon. Looking forward to your 0.13 update! I actually haven't updated the game to 0.13 yet (even though it looks like it has some awesome features) simply because your addon isn't yet updated. ;) I love bobs mods but things get horribly confusing without the tiered colors (and prettier boards) that your addon provides. Hope you have an update soon! I'm sure I am just one of many that appreciate the time and work you have put into your mod. Thanks!

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Please update or let us know if this is planned to be updated. :)

FYI for the ugly circuit boards, you can grab the circuit board icon files (inside extrachests 0.1.5) and overwrite the icons inside bobelectronics.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

UPDATED MOD FOR 0.13

Post by lenny27g »

Due to the addon creator not logging in for half a month now, I have taken it upon myself to update his mod for Factorio version 0.13 and Bobsmods version 0.13.
I have been playing with my updated version for some time and have tested all items and techs the best I could, it should work with no problems!
My changes add nothing, they simply change recipes and data to fit the new version (full info below)

To the author: I hope this is no problem. Your listed license shows that it wouldn't be. If you return feel free to continue with what I have or disregard it, whatever you want. Contact me if you want to know the exact changes made. Hope its fine that I increased the mod version, I thought it would be better than fairly different mods of the same version.

Version: 0.1.6
Release: 2016-07-05
Factorio-Version: 0.13
Dependencies: Same as top post except all 0.13 obviously

Download:
Note: it has my config file in it. I think the only change from default is that I disabled radar. You can replace the config with the one from the the previous version, there were no code changes.
ExtraChests_0.1.6.zip
(73.65 MiB) Downloaded 200 times
Changes:
  • Updated version, dependencies, and control file
  • Changed logistic chests to require steel chests instead of smart chests to match the game
  • Updated entity names for filter inserters, underground belts, and basic items which are no longer called basic
  • Fixed broken formatting on some items in the crafting menu
  • Fixed express smart inserter recipes and tech requirements
  • Renamed smart inserter recipes and tech to say filter inserter instead
  • Other boring code fixes. There were alot of issues between the game updating and bob updating
  • Edit: Updated to fix load error with disabled titanium/tungsten chests
Last edited by lenny27g on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Thank you for the updates lenny27g!

Now on to the bugs that stop loading! But don't hate me as I don't have all of the details in front of me.

My save is a 12.35 save with extra chests migrated to 13.4 without extrachests.

extra_chests_titanium_tungsten = false causes game to not load
addon-functions lua line 51 and 76 cause game not to load - I think this is due to this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/L ... am_Turrets (commenting out these 2 lines as a temp fix)
Migration lua - save game wont crash because of sodium hydroxide - Just deleted the migration file for now.

If you need more details I can provide later tonight.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

a couple of Minor requested changes

The Burner Generator and the Oil-Steam boiler etc from KS_POWER are re-sorted in extrachests however the diesel fuel (fluid) and the wind turbine and diesel generator are not. Can you add these in so I don't have to keep doing it manually any time there is an upgrage :)

Place after burner generator (I have supplied the entity names for you even)

petroleum-generator
wind-turbine
Place in bobs fluids after liquid fuel

diesel-fuel

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi guys, sorry for the delay once again, life always manages to take over my time and it is becoming a standard in me, I am afraid :?

Not yet tried 0.13 Factorio, not checked bob's update and really happy that lenny27g got it updated! Thanks a lot!

I will have a look at it tonight and see what changes Factorio 0.13 introduced and bob's... and lenny27g and see if there is anything else I should add.

Thanks for you kind messages guys :)

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

Nexela wrote:Thank you for the updates lenny27g!

Now on to the bugs that stop loading! But don't hate me as I don't have all of the details in front of me.

My save is a 12.35 save with extra chests migrated to 13.4 without extrachests.

extra_chests_titanium_tungsten = false causes game to not load
addon-functions lua line 51 and 76 cause game not to load - I think this is due to this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/L ... am_Turrets (commenting out these 2 lines as a temp fix)
Migration lua - save game wont crash because of sodium hydroxide - Just deleted the migration file for now.

If you need more details I can provide later tonight.
extra_chests_titanium_tungsten being false - problem is now fixed, my previous post has been updated to fix the problem
addon-functions line 51 and 76 - seems to be laser projectile recoloring for bobs lasers. I don't exactly know how to fix the conflict since I don't know that mod, commenting out should have no adverse effects though
save game won't crash because of sodium hydroxide - isn't that a good thing?

Return to “Mods”