[MOD 0.12.x] Burners Only - no electricity mod!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] Burners Only - no electricity mod!

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Burners Only
  • Type: Mod
  • Category: Gameplay
  • Name: Burners Only
  • Latest Version: 0.1.0
  • Latest Release: June 19, 2016
  • Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.35
  • Description: This mod removes electricity from the game. You feed all structures with fuel directly, just like burner mining drill or burner inserter.
  • License: MIT License
  • Author: Wakaba-chan
  • Download: see attachment at the end of this post
Screenshots
Long description
Mod compatibility
Version history
ToDo list aka plans
License
Attachments
burners-only_0.1.0.zip
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Last edited by Wakaba-chan on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Burners Only - no electricity!

Post by sporefreak »

If you made electric poles not connect to any other poles it would make it painful to use electricity, having to put power production right next to everything that needed power because you can't make the power travel any further than a single pole can reach.

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

sporefreak wrote:If you made electric poles not connect to any other poles it would make it painful to use electricity, having to put power production right next to everything that needed power because you can't make the power travel any further than a single pole can reach.
I removed all electricity sources from the game, as well as electric poles. You feed all structures with fuel directly in this mod, just like burner mining drill or burner inserter.

(actually, I left solar panels, but only as a part of satellite recipe - they does not work without poles anyway)

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

Wakaba-chan wrote:
sporefreak wrote:If you made electric poles not connect to any other poles it would make it painful to use electricity, having to put power production right next to everything that needed power because you can't make the power travel any further than a single pole can reach.
I removed all electricity sources from the game, as well as electric poles. You feed all structures with fuel directly in this mod, just like burner mining drill or burner inserter.

(actually, I left solar panels, but only as a part of satellite recipe - they does not work without poles anyway)
I didnt realize labs were able to be burnafied.

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Burners Only - no electricity mod!

Post by Wakaba-chan »

darkfrei wrote:But radar?
Yes, everything but Lamp, Radar, Roboport, Small Pump, and all the logic network elements buildings are burnerifyed. These buildings I hope will be fixed in 0.13 Factorio. If not, I will deal with them by myself. Radar is my point of investigation right now, because it is very essential in the game. I hope, I will find a way to deal with it and add him in the next mod update.
sporefreak wrote:I didnt realize labs were able to be burnafied.
Yes, I thought that too because lot of people said that. Seems like it was so in early Factorio, but now it's fixed. So I hope other buildings will be fixed too sooner or later.

Otterbear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Otterbear »

Great Job!

It would be nice to have a mod that eliminates as much electricity as possible, but decreases the coal belting needed by adding STEAM powered assemblers and stuff. Steam-Punk all the way! It would be great if the animations could reflect that,(Steam smoke, and dripping water, ect...) although admittedly harder to do.

* I was a bit amazed that this game had no Steam engine trains...Seriously? Whats up with that?

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ytsejam »

Finally found it. I'm looking for a no electricity challenge mod for a while now.

My idea of a electricity free playthrough is a little bit more hardcore, I don't want to use anything that is not absolutely essential for late game and doesn't make much sense without electricity. So, no circuit/logistic network, robots, radars. It will be a logistic nightmare :twisted:

Any plans for a 0.13 update?

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

ytsejam wrote:Any plans for a 0.13 update?
All my plans are listed in 1st post. And I'm going to work on my mod further, when all the 13-hype will cool down and all major bugs will be fixed.

Return to “Mods”