Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by brunzenstein »

SlimRickets wrote:could someone please recommend a video demonstrating the use of the circuit logic machines. please and thank you
https://youtu.be/2Vpejj292X4

samius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by samius »

Okay hello everyone,

I am super new to the game and so far it is the bees knees but i am having what i assume is a major issue. I can't seem to get the main menu to open in the game and the game is not pausing. I have tried remapping the keys in the event it is just a keyboard issue for some strange reason as well as trying both 12.33 and 11.22

I am running windows 10 if there is something there i am missing but everything seems fine other then i can't save or exit the game or you know anything that that menu controls.

Thanks for any help.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

The menu is opened with escape (Esc)
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

samius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by samius »

Thanks for the reply, I had tried the esc key many times but your suggestion made me think that maybe the game doesn't like MY esc key and remapped it. Bam! Remapped key works. Not sure why my esc key wasn't working but i can play the game right now and i am thrilled!

tster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tster »

1) Is there a way to place modules into buildings without opening the building's UI? Likewise, can I copy the modules from one building and put them in other buildings. It's annoying to place a mix of modules in a large number of buildings.
2) Is there a shortcut to move a stack to a logistics trash slot?

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

tster wrote:1) Is there a way to place modules into buildings without opening the building's UI? Likewise, can I copy the modules from one building and put them in other buildings. It's annoying to place a mix of modules in a large number of buildings.
AFAIK you can with construction bots and copy-paste.
If you want place not different modules it's really easy, like Ctrl-click.

tster wrote:2) Is there a shortcut to move a stack to a logistics trash slot?
With some materials you can Ctrl-click in inventory to put them to trash slot. Don't know why it works only with some of subjects in the inventory.

Moandco
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Moandco »

Hello colonists,

i started playing the game about two weeks ago and until now played on two maps.
My qeustion is when do you guys recommend to start using robots?
My state of the game: Currently I automised the third science pack and build my first outward base for resources connected by train.
Until now I only use belts, inserters, chest and so on. I hope the question is not to complex for this thread.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Use bots when you want/need.
Belts have higher performance impact than bots that why bots are recomended in big factories. But there are people that use bots almost everywhere and as soon as they research them. There are also some that play almost only with belts.
It's really up to you when you use them.

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Moandco wrote:My qeustion is when do you guys recommend to start using robots?
I use them when replacing steam energy to solar. It's more comfortable to build complex design from blueprints.

Sometimes I use them for complex railway stations (if there are enough resources on the starting area to learn logistic bots before building trains).

Of course it's up to you.
Last edited by LazyLoneLion on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mackowatosc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mackowatosc »

Also, its easy and fast to remove trees in range of a roboport, using a deconstruction planner :)

Moandco
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Moandco »

Thank you guys. I am going to try them out now.

MyName
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MyName »

Do you sell your product at the end of the game? How do you sell it and who to?

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

MyName wrote:Do you sell your product at the end of the game? How do you sell it and who to?
Atm, the end-game content is still lacking (devs are aware of it) and there is no real "end" to a savegame / base / map.
"Finishing" a game is currently achieved by launching one rocket including a satellite after building a rocket silo which has to be researched first. However, you can continue playing after that for how long you want.

Most people (that want to continue) tend to set personal goals for themselves like launching X rockets every Y minutes or producing X amount of material Y per Z timespan.
In addition, there are some mods that extend the game either by making recipies or science harder / more expensive or add science with the only purpose of keeping your base occupied (e.g. requiring a few thousand of each science packs).

tl;dr: You can consider a savegame finished after launching one rocket, but you can continue playing afterwards.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

searker wrote:
MyName wrote:Do you sell your product at the end of the game? How do you sell it and who to?
Atm, the end-game content is still lacking (devs are aware of it) and there is no real "end" to a savegame / base / map.
"Finishing" a game is currently achieved by launching one rocket including a satellite after building a rocket silo which has to be researched first. However, you can continue playing after that for how long you want.

Most people (that want to continue) tend to set personal goals for themselves like launching X rockets every Y minutes or producing X amount of material Y per Z timespan.
In addition, there are some mods that extend the game either by making recipies or science harder / more expensive or add science with the only purpose of keeping your base occupied (e.g. requiring a few thousand of each science packs).

tl;dr: You can consider a savegame finished after launching one rocket, but you can continue playing afterwards.
I think he is talking about the campaign mission but I havnt played it,

A.Russell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by A.Russell »

I am playing the campaign, and am on Base: New Hope.

I ran over my car with one of my trains and destroyed it. The mission objective is to put stuff in the car. Can I just build another car?

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Harkonnen604 »

Yes you can. That actually happened to me as well :) With car half-full

Ohlmann
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ohlmann »

Do someone know where in the tree is the flame turret ?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Ohlmann wrote:Do someone know where in the tree is the flame turret ?
saw it with the flamethrower
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

xXSunSlayerXx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xXSunSlayerXx »

it is included in the flamethrower tech.

i wonder about something similar.
loaded a savegame where i have most things unlocked already (including flamethrower tech) and could not find them anywhere in the crafting screen. all other new items show up (as far as i can tell). bug or stupidity? :oops:

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

xXSunSlayerXx wrote:
it is included in the flamethrower tech.

i wonder about something similar.
loaded a savegame where i have most things unlocked already (including flamethrower tech) and could not find them anywhere in the crafting screen. all other new items show up (as far as i can tell). bug or stupidity? :oops:
Bug on migration fixed for next version.

Return to “Gameplay Help”