Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.6.20 (f0.16.0+)

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.0.7 (f0.12.22+)

Post by Fatmice »

It didn't destroy the oil. The wagon now holds it and will dump it out into another out-pump. I showed how to use them in my video.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

FactorioRox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FactorioRox »

Just got the steam era locomotive, was wondering what the Steam Era Coins were for? I can't find any recipes that use them

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

They're used to build locomotives and wagons.

quadri miner
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by quadri miner »

factorio error: loading sprites 72% while loading there an error happened it says this:"Sprite "__yi__railway/graphics/entity/railway/se_blue_sheet-1.png"could not be loaded."

IS IT JUST MY LAPTOP OR EVERY ONE HAS IT :?: :?: :?: :P

If it's just me well i'll delete this

if not... fix IT.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Actually, you should fix it. Delete your crop-cache.dat

FactorioRox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FactorioRox »

Neotix wrote:They're used to build locomotives and wagons.
and there was me hoping it was going to be some new sort of crypto currency lol :p

ElfnetGaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElfnetGaming »

IDK if its just me but the tanker cars cannot be loaded. and when I put one down on the tracks it blips with a Registered at Global xxx, xxx, xxx message..
I have everything updated to the latest version also

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

The tanker cars do not have an inventory obviously. Do you load fluid by insert? :lol:

Regarding the message, you can safely ignore it.

ElfnetGaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElfnetGaming »

Ok I have the rail tanker addon and it works fine.
Are you saying your tanker cars are just for looks? I'm not following here how to use them in the game besides as place holders,

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Half and half. They are for looks but also functional for moving fluid. Watch my videos on how to use them.

ElfnetGaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElfnetGaming »

Ah ok, thank you. I will watch the videos in a little while when I get back to my studio. (I started making a video series of Factorio based on trains and such )
Which video has them featured in it?

ElfnetGaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElfnetGaming »

Ok thank you.
I watched both and though I do not understand German I can follow what you did..
So i was doing things right but there is no resource icon that shows up like they do with storage tanks, that is what was confusing me. How hard would it be to implement that in? I mean it's LUA coded and I am experienced in LUA from my work with GMod addons.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

ElfnetGaming wrote:Ok thank you.
I watched both and though I do not understand German I can follow what you did..
So i was doing things right but there is no resource icon that shows up like they do with storage tanks, that is what was confusing me. How hard would it be to implement that in? I mean it's LUA coded and I am experienced in LUA from my work with GMod addons.
One could generate a sprite over the tank when the train is stopped at a station. It would be much hassle for little gain, however. I can add it to the code if I have time, but no promises though.

In any event, liquid tanks will eventually be added to the base game so the lua in this mod is simply a hack until such time. ;)

ElfnetGaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElfnetGaming »

Oh ok then. One thing I noticed about these car is they have to be part of an automated train in order to be filled. I know lots of people like automated trains and such and that's all cool but why not make them where it doesn't matter if they are part of a scheduled train or sitting on a siding or manually driven around? Either way its really cool to see some different cars in the game so I cannot complain too much though I was confused about the tanker cars lol

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

ElfnetGaming wrote:Oh ok then. One thing I noticed about these car is they have to be part of an automated train in order to be filled.
Yep, I mentioned this in the video.
ElfnetGaming wrote: I know lots of people like automated trains and such and that's all cool but why not make them where it doesn't matter if they are part of a scheduled train or sitting on a siding or manually driven around?
Trains in Factorio are stateful. This means useful information with regards to the train's behavior is limited to only certain states. During manual operation, there is very limited information through LUA regarding where the train is and what it is doing. Being that the load and unload of fluid is handled only when the train is at a stop, one can not know whether a train is at a stop when it is being operated manually without on_tick searching, which is computationally wasteful. Thus how does one go about filling the fluid tanks? Granted, one could stipulate that the train execute certain behavior only when the train's velocity is 0 and such that one of the heads is next to or near a station. The problem with this method is that some fluid tank could be in proximity of different fluid-service-line, remember that these are buildings and that they are stationary. How then does one go about differentiating which fluid from which fluid-service-line should fill/unfill to/from the fluid tanks? I've thought about these sort of things and decided that they were not worth the troubles. It is not that it can't be done, but rather it should be done through the base-game and not through LUA. But then again, never say never. If I find a way to do it elegantly through LUA, then I will add that functionality.
ElfnetGaming wrote: Either way its really cool to see some different cars in the game so I cannot complain too much though I was confused about the tanker cars lol
I can't blame you. Fluid tanks, as they are, are quite ad-hoc.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Fatmice wrote:In any event, liquid tanks will eventually be added to the base game so the lua in this mod is simply a hack until such time. ;)
Tanks wagon are announced to be added in v0.14 so we have more then a year to play with yours :D

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:
Fatmice wrote:In any event, liquid tanks will eventually be added to the base game so the lua in this mod is simply a hack until such time. ;)
Tanks wagon are announced to be added in v0.14 so we have more then a year to play with yours :D
is that the truth and 0.13 don't break this train-mod - then i continue adding new models :)

ElfnetGaming
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElfnetGaming »

Ok when they add them in maybe you can focus on model expansions for cars and locomotives? maybe they can add a skin changer to the game or something and let the community create the skins for different countries trains (US, UK, Etc..) so its not hung up on one sole design?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

YuokiTani wrote:(...) then i continue adding new models :)
I would like to remind about overheater GFX placeholder 8-)

Return to “Yuoki Industries”