[MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Topics and discussion about specific mods
qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.22] ExtraChests v0.1.2

Post by qjm123 »

DungeonRyu wrote: Such collaborate projects are better done in some realtime chats, where you can type and receive answers at the same time. So we'll think this one through, cause you are making legitimate points.

As for the downloads, if it happened recently maybe it is due to the fact that someone posted your link inside my topic which is in Bob's mods subforum, Many people were unaware of your work(including myself and including bobingabout) because you posted it in the Big Mess mods, instead of puttin it inside Bob's mod subforum. Also your topic was recently bumped by several people including myself, that also can influence the downloading count :)

Btw, I finished a set of ammunition icons for Bob's warfare mod. I've got a slight problem with the edges, maybe you could give me some pointers?
Ammo icons
Finally, I see the light! Internet has reach me once again... well short of, paying for a connection of 6mb that are only 2.5mb at best!!! From 50mb in Berlin to only 2.5mb at best, VIVA ESPAÑA! :lol:

As I am writing this, I am uploading a rar file with all psd files I've created so far. If you need anything else let me know as I may have forgotten to add it or just didn't created it yet :)

Sure, let's have a chat, not too sure how pm works in this forum, but would be happy to exchange email or whatever to keep in touch DungeonRyu :)

Love your new Bob's warfare icons! Looking really good. I didn't modify those as that was the last thing I was already too busy moving out and getting things ready. But now that your doing it I won't have the need to create them, that's so cool, thanks a lot ;)

Selgald
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Selgald »

100Mbit/s in Köln ^^ (also 400Mbit/s possible now).

A question:
Would it be possible for a Turret to get a logistic slot to request ammo through the network?

And thanks for your additions to bobsmod, makes it even more fun to play ^^

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

There is already a logistics turrets mod and it can only be accomplished by having his turret create a ghost (invisible) logistics chest that does the actual logistics stuff and using scripts to sync inventories between the turret and chest on a timer.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

How to disable all inserters from bob logistics an from extrachests mod?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mohreb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mohreb »

hi
is there a version with only the chests (maybe the liquid tank sizes too), those are the changes i would like to get from the mod and the other part's i am not thet interested in(animations don't annoy me that much but are not needed).
also found a bug:
if you have area miners disabled in bob's config you will have a nill exception on setting values on area miners, a simple if before it prevents the problem:
if data.raw["mining-drill"]["bob-area-mining-drill-1"] !=nill then
... block about area miners ...
end
i guess there are the same issues with the other parts of bob's mod that can be disabled througth config.

kingoftheinternet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kingoftheinternet »

Thank you so much for this. Especially the art for the various circuit boards; I was getting really tired of looking at literal solid-color squares on my conveyor belts. :)

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Wow, thanks so much for this addon. I first didn't look in this thread, until I read in another thread that your mod contains lots of additions for Bob's mods. I guess your mod originally started with extra chests, but you should probably rename your mod to better reflect what is has to offer.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi guys,

I am still alive and working on my addon/mod to make it even better. Life took over the last few weeks and I was unable to do much but I am back! Here few news things to look forward in my next update:

And a lot more.

Selgald: seronis already replied to you and I am not so much into creating new stuff to be honest. Only if it is an easy c+p with few edits, maybe but creating something from the ground, that's out of my skills I am afraid. Thanks seronis for your answer.

aklesey1: This is coming in the new update, I am currently checking every single object in the game to see if present or not and applying or not the graphics/changes from my addon. In the next update, you won't have to worry about having all Bob's mod loaded at all, it will just work with whatever is present.... Hopefully :lol:

mohreb: Same as for aklesey1, next update.

kingoftheinternet: Thanks, I know! ;) I would like to do the same for the modules parts but it is really hard, they all end up looking all alike. Bob did an amazing job already as I've already stated a couple of times, his graphics are really clear even if they don't feel part of Factorio style. But I will see if I can come up with a more Factorio look at some point, that's for further an update, not next one.

Pandemoneus: Thanks, I will rename my mod to make it more clear for everyone what is this addon for as it was pointed out to me already several times. As I want to work with DungeonRyu to get a standard addon but each one with different looks and colours, we need to come up with the same name but different to ensure people can choose the one they prefer more.

Thanks again for all the good vib about my addon and I should have an 0.1.4 out very soon.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Really like your work!!
For a while I did not even know it was your mod that changed Bob's graphics. So I second the re-name.
Looking forward to updates.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Made some new icons for the alien artifacts which stick close to the original ones but with a bit more render quality, don't know if it fits, but if you want to use them just pm me and I send you the set:

old artefact, new artefact, icon for my mod (ignore), old small artefact, new small artifact

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

One small criticism, having the electronic-logic-board, graphic use the vanilla electronic-circuit icon was a little confusing at first. Maybe just change the color :)

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Oh wow, they look great Arch666Angel, well, I just finished update 0.1.4 and I am too tired to include your artifacts but I may ask for them in my next update ;)

TheSAguy, I understand your confusion. I did have another design/colour at the beginning but then... more I saw this:
Circuits Bobs and Addon.png
Circuits Bobs and Addon.png (52.39 KiB) Viewed 7000 times
More it was clear to me I should stick with it. I thought that people that are used to Bob's mod design will prefer to have a more colour accurate update than new colours that would be confusing for them. For me at least it was like that. As I mentioned, I think I only played 3 hours in Vanilla and then I tried mods, once I loaded Bob's I never plaid without it. But as usual, feel free to make your own designs. My psd files are there for that :mrgreen:

I will be updating 0.1.4 morning. I think this will make few people happy :D
image.png
image.png (464.9 KiB) Viewed 7000 times
And yes, with the whole animation for each colour!

I was unable to do all the things I wanted but I got a lot of them done. Ok, I am dead and I need some sleep. I will upload it tomorrow morning, my connection is too slow for me to stay and wait until it is uploaded plus I've got a lot to rewrite in my first post. Good night!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

qjm123 wrote:
TheSAguy, I understand your confusion. I did have another design/colour at the beginning but then... more I saw this:
Circuits Bobs and Addon.png
You got me convinced!

kingoftheinternet
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.30] ExtraChests v0.1.4 (Addon for Bob's mod)

Post by kingoftheinternet »

Great, very good, excellent, etc.

It could be cool to detect if the user has RSO Radar installed, then scale up the RadarMk#ScanDistances if so; I went with 40, 50, 60, 70. (Pretty easy for the user to change themselves since they're already in the config.lua, but, if you're looking at that again anyway... :) )

Edit: Also, I notice the tinted graphics don't seem to cooperate with WaiTex, even though they seem to use base textures and he has this little note on an old version:
Added better mod support. Waitex will now override all base textures including those that other mods uses. This means that WaiTex actually will use less vram when used with other mods that uses base textures and allow other mods to use WaiTex textures
I dunno if there's anything to do on your end to make your thing and his thing cooperate, but, there you have it.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi kingoftheinternet, thanks a lot for your compliments :-)

Well, I don't think I will add anything with RSO Radar, maybe disable my Radars automatically if RSO is present as that would mean you want to have those instead of mines. There is already an option to disable mine manually and edit ranges, don't think it is worth the trouble.

About Waitex mod... Well, it is the first time I hear about that one and seems cool but unfortunately I can't try it out to see what's going on and what could be the problem with my addon as my internet connection is crap, disconnects every 10 min and is super slow :-( I won't mind to have a look at it if anyone could repack the mod with one or two objects and all .lua files, leaving it with 100 megas or less, something that I could download, happy to check it out :-)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

qjm123 wrote:Hi kingoftheinternet, thanks a lot for your compliments :-)

About Waitex mod... Well, it is the first time I hear about that one and seems cool but unfortunately I can't try it out to see what's going on and what could be the problem with my addon as my internet connection is crap, disconnects every 10 min and is super slow :-( I won't mind to have a look at it if anyone could repack the mod with one or two objects and all .lua files, leaving it with 100 megas or less, something that I could download, happy to check it out :-)
WaiTex_1.0.0 attached without graphics.
Attachments
WaiTex_1.0.0.zip
WaiTex_1.0.0 - No Graphics
(10.64 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Thanks a lot TheSAguy, now I kind of feel ashamed with my mod and how poorly written my code is :lol:

I think next update will be all about updating the code to make it more readable and easy to update and try to slow issues with other mods like WaiTex! :D

dnatabar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dnatabar »

This mod certainly caught my attention :o
It looks great, at least on the pictures, and i'l give it a try in a moment.

Just wanted to say, if you never hear from me again, it means it have been such an amazing experience that i forgot to breathe!

Thanks for your hard work =)

Sincerely,
dnatabar

[Edit while it downloads]

I do concur with the naming of the mod being way too humble, it should be something along the lines of "Bobtastic colours overhaul - Tiered colors for all bobs greatness" or something along those lines :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi qjm123
Very very very big wish to u - add simple smart smart inserter from this mod - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4784#p36452 - ""smart inerters"
This is simple inserter with normal speed but its smart - it will be useful for combinator chains and sorting items with recipeis which have many items on input and output
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

I'm getting an error with this mod installed, with a bunch of Bob's Mods. Shame. I really want those updated circuit graphics.

Return to “Mods”