[0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Enemies Mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

The 6th damage type (Orange) should

Poll ended at Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am

Stay as Impact
23%
Change to Electric
77%

Total votes: 13

Sinistrem
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.6] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by Sinistrem »

My biters don't attack walls either, tho they don't mind chewing on turrets once i make a hole large enough. Also i've made a hole and enemies attack again. Tho it's strange, there are like 20+ titans even at smallest nests but whenever attack comes it's only like 2 titans and 2 mediums.

EDIT. Just turned the mod off. The enemies are now finally attacking walls and attacking much more often from all directions. Ironically turning this mod off made game much more intense) Hope this mod gets fixed soon since all my other mods were set to repell harder enemies.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It is possibly the issue could be with attack range. I purposely kept this low, to prevent the issue of biters biting at things behind walls. (older games had issues where a biter could destroy a turret placed directly behind a wall.)
It might be worth trying to increase the biter attack range and see what happens.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Lallante
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lallante »

I think its good that biters can attack turrets behind walls. The vanilla larger biters list this as a feature.

Zaeon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zaeon »

I'm finding that at around 50% evolution I can hardly do any damage to some of these biters. Is this intended or am I perhaps doing something wrong? I used 100 rockets to destroy one spawner.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Zaeon wrote:I'm finding that at around 50% evolution I can hardly do any damage to some of these biters. Is this intended or am I perhaps doing something wrong? I used 100 rockets to destroy one spawner.
I can't remember the exact figures, but at around 50% you should be starting to see some of my newer beasts, they are supposed to be harder to kill, yes. If whatever weapon you're using isn't very effective, try a different one, as they have different resistances.
As for the spawners, my tougher spawners are harder to kill, they'll be more resistant to "Fancy damage" like explosions, so unless you have the more advanced ammos, you're probably best off using standard piercing ammo, either in a higher damaging weapon like a Rifle, or a gun turret.

In fact my latest game, I went with gun turrets as my primary defence. I can't build lasers yet, but that's beside the point.
I also have a Patreon.

donkeystealing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by donkeystealing »

Is this mod compatible with misanthrope or natural evolution? I asked in the natural evolution thread as well.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

donkeystealing wrote:Is this mod compatible with misanthrope or natural evolution? I asked in the natural evolution thread as well.
Since I don't edit spawners, but instead add my own to the game, I don't see why Natural Evolution wouldn't work. And I don't actually know what Misanthrope is trying to do. There is a note in Natural Evolution saying it doesn't work with DyTech, but no such note about Bob's Mods.

However, I don't see why either wouldn't work with this mod. Without looking at the code though, I can't say it definitely will, or definitely won't work.
I also have a Patreon.

donkeystealing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by donkeystealing »

bobingabout wrote:Since I don't edit spawners, but instead add my own to the game, I don't see why Natural Evolution wouldn't work. And I don't actually know what Misanthrope is trying to do. There is a note in Natural Evolution saying it doesn't work with DyTech, but no such note about Bob's Mods.

However, I don't see why either wouldn't work with this mod. Without looking at the code though, I can't say it definitely will, or definitely won't work.
Guess I'll just try both, thanks for the answer! Really love your mods, used them from my first game!

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

donkeystealing wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Since I don't edit spawners, but instead add my own to the game, I don't see why Natural Evolution wouldn't work. And I don't actually know what Misanthrope is trying to do. There is a note in Natural Evolution saying it doesn't work with DyTech, but no such note about Bob's Mods.

Guess I'll just try both, thanks for the answer! Really love your mods, used them from my first game!
Natural Evolution is definitely compatible with Bob's, that's how I play!

eudel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eudel »

Hi, thanks for this cool mod.

unlike your other mods there is no german language file for this one, so i did a quick translation
Attachments
bobenemies.cfg
german language file
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

eudel wrote:Hi, thanks for this cool mod.

unlike your other mods there is no german language file for this one, so i did a quick translation
I just took a quick look at the boblocale mod, there is indeed a bobenemies.cfg file within that mod, and it does contain locale translations.

I really need to get around to removing all the old translations from the mods themselves, they interfere with the locale mod.

to note: the locale mod as created because I depend on people updating the locale files for me, I can't easilly translate them myself, and I can't easilly just release a new version of the mods for a locale update. So the general agreement was that I just don't try, I let 3rd party members maintain the locale mod instead.
I also have a Patreon.

eudel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eudel »

bobingabout wrote:I just took a quick look at the boblocale mod, there is indeed a bobenemies.cfg file within that mod, and it does contain locale translations.

I really need to get around to removing all the old translations from the mods themselves, they interfere with the locale mod.

to note: the locale mod as created because I depend on people updating the locale files for me, I can't easilly translate them myself, and I can't easilly just release a new version of the mods for a locale update. So the general agreement was that I just don't try, I let 3rd party members maintain the locale mod instead.
I just tried to switch to boblocale mod, but it gave me an error message at startup.
Using latest version (0.12.3)

Filename of mod boblocale-0.12.3.zip doesnt match the expected boblocale_0.12.1.zip (case sensitive!)

after renaming boblocale-0.12.3.zip to boblocale_0.12.1.zip, the error message is gone.
is this expected filename hardcoded inside of your mods?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

eudel wrote:
bobingabout wrote:I just took a quick look at the boblocale mod, there is indeed a bobenemies.cfg file within that mod, and it does contain locale translations.

I just tried to switch to boblocale mod, but it gave me an error message at startup.
Using latest version (0.12.3)

Filename of mod boblocale-0.12.3.zip doesnt match the expected boblocale_0.12.1.zip (case sensitive!)

after renaming boblocale-0.12.3.zip to boblocale_0.12.1.zip, the error message is gone.
is this expected filename hardcoded inside of your mods?
Those are two issues with boblocale mod. First one is incorrect name of zip file, second one is wrong version inside info.json.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by bobingabout »

Next to receave an overhaul... Enemies mod.

v0.12.7
* split enemies file into biters, spitters, spawners, worms and values files.
* Renamed Bigger Biter/Spitter to Huge
* Renamed Biggest Biter/Spitter to Giant
* Added Big Piercing biter and Big Electric spitter.
* Added Huge Explosive Biter and Huge Acid Spitter
* Added Leviathan Biter/Spitter (Nasty!)
* Resistances reballancing
* Added usage of Electric damage type instead of impac
* Added electric and piercing resistances.
* Loot table reballance. Elemental types always drop coloured artifacts (if they're enabled) and no regulars.
* Renamed my Spawners to Elemental Spawners, And lowered their health to 1500 from 3500. (normals are only 350)

The original intention of a harder to kill spawner was to make it only show up in later evolution factor scores, but that wasn't possible, so the purpose changed, but it kept the high health.
I also have a Patreon.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Yay, looking forward to facing these new guys!

You should add the below to bobenemies.cfg:

Code: Select all

[damage-type-name]
bob-pierce = Bob's Pierce Damage

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

TheSAguy wrote:Yay, looking forward to facing these new guys!

You should add the below to bobenemies.cfg:

Code: Select all

[damage-type-name]
bob-pierce = Bob's Pierce Damage
Ah. I probably missed this one off for 2 reasons.

Previously, it was dealt damage only (I think), so the name didn't show up on anything.
And, it is defined in the Warfare mod, so since I have them both installed, it shows as translated, as such I didn't realise it wasn't already in this mod.
I also have a Patreon.

axefrog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by axefrog »

If I have a savegame with Bob's Enemies 0.12.6, is it safe to upgrade to 0.12.7, or will the changes mess things up?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You might need to update the library mod too, depending on what I've done in the mod (I can't remember, and can't look it up right now), but updating the mod should NOT break anything, you may find things a little harder with the changed resistances though.
I also have a Patreon.

axefrog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by axefrog »

Ok thanks. One other question- is there any non-tedious way to clean up the thousands and thousands of artifacts that pollute all of the walls outside of all of my mining camps? The best I've come up with so far is to take a whole bunch of robot bays, plant them in the middle of a used-up mining camp and start issuing deconstruction commands. Even with several hundred bots though, it still takes ages for them to finally finish cleaning everything up though and the whole process is quite tedious. I'm just wondering if maybe I haven't noticed an important technology or technique for handling this.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

This video shows a good example how you can collect the artifacts by belts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6cmccv5-I

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Bob's mods”