[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.1.3

Post by GotLag »

thebacon wrote:It appears liquids are handled somewhere behind the scenes? I was looking at a way to make it work more like a Storage Tank, but haven't seen any way to apply liquids to an entity. Suppose that is the reason for the proxy tanks?
It uses a proxy tank because the cargo-wagon entity doesn't support having a fluidbox (the fluid equivalent of inventory space). This means that even if you add one to your prototype definition, when the prototype is loaded the fluidbox will be ignored because the parser isn't looking for it.

Shados
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shados »

I'm still seeing issues with 1.1.3 (with or without Squeak Through installed as well) where the pumps won't connect to a tank unless they're manually broken & re-placed. This doesn't happen at *all* my stations however, just some of them, and I can't see any obvious pattern to which ones the issue occurs at.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Shados wrote:I'm still seeing issues with 1.1.3 (with or without Squeak Through installed as well) where the pumps won't connect to a tank unless they're manually broken & re-placed. This doesn't happen at *all* my stations however, just some of them, and I can't see any obvious pattern to which ones the issue occurs at.
Are the stations all horizontal or vertical? Or do the pumps not connect on both? I have an idea on how to make the connection points more consistent, but lacking the time right now.

Hollow2351
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hollow2351 »

i get this whenever i try to start the game while having the mod installed how do i fix this????
Attachments
3b0a8a5b0332c9da6201b18339b800fe.png
3b0a8a5b0332c9da6201b18339b800fe.png (64.99 KiB) Viewed 6254 times

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

What version of Factorio are you running? That looks like a bug from 0.12.25 or earlier.

Hollow2351
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hollow2351 »

I'm running 0.12.3 right now..

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Hollow2351 wrote:I'm running 0.12.3 right now..
You need to upgrade, then.

Hollow2351
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hollow2351 »

Supercheese wrote:
Hollow2351 wrote:I'm running 0.12.3 right now..
You need to upgrade, then.
but how? I'm sorry im new to this game :S

diilmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diilmac »

polish translation made by me
http://pastebin.com/5kj96TTj

IGotBaconSoda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IGotBaconSoda »

Choumiko wrote:
Shados wrote:I'm still seeing issues with 1.1.3 (with or without Squeak Through installed as well) where the pumps won't connect to a tank unless they're manually broken & re-placed. This doesn't happen at *all* my stations however, just some of them, and I can't see any obvious pattern to which ones the issue occurs at.
Are the stations all horizontal or vertical? Or do the pumps not connect on both? I have an idea on how to make the connection points more consistent, but lacking the time right now.
I also had this issue. I went into debug mode and saw that there were undeletable selection boxes over where my rail tankers stop sometimes. When I press tab, I can see the icon for the contents of the rail tanker, whether or not a rail tanker is actually on the rail. I have a feeling this is the issue, since if I move my pumps to a new spot, it doesn't have a problem.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

IGotBaconSoda wrote:
Choumiko wrote:
I also had this issue. I went into debug mode and saw that there were undeletable selection boxes over where my rail tankers stop sometimes. When I press tab, I can see the icon for the contents of the rail tanker, whether or not a rail tanker is actually on the rail. I have a feeling this is the issue, since if I move my pumps to a new spot, it doesn't have a problem.
I have the same thing happening with the odd entities ghosting where the tanker was. I had the tanker train parked in a siding and when I next moved it, two oil drop icons stayed where the tankers had been. Hovering over their selection boxes showed the amount of crude that was in the tankers. They can't be emptied and trains can drive over the section of track but it's bothering me in case it breaks the save.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I would recommend the 8L fix mod - you will need to redo the stations a bit but then the virtual tanker matches tiles and 2 pumps can connect on both sides.

If you have leftovers you can mouse-over them and execute this:

Code: Select all

/c game.local_player.selection.destroy()
Might want to pump out oil first also.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

orzelek wrote:I would recommend the 8L fix mod - you will need to redo the stations a bit but then the virtual tanker matches tiles and 2 pumps can connect on both sides.

They are ghost things, I tried sticking pumps on them (hey I thought, free extra oil!) but nothing came out. they're just some sort of remnant.

Changing to 8L would be an option yes but I'd have to redo my unloading station and rebuild 21 loading stations on resources... kinda not up for that right now. I'll go with trying to destroy the ghosts and crossing fingers.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

If anyone got a save with those remaining tanks, or even a save before they appear (or a way to reproduce it) i'll gladly take a try at fixing it.

nolcotin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nolcotin »

Here's a screenshot of my oil unloading station in debug mode and a save. There's a ton of mods being used, I've attached both the save file and a zip of the mods I'm using.

MODS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/239 ... er/mods.7z
SAVE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/239 ... er_bug.zip

Austin5003
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Austin5003 »

I'd like to see turret wagons, vehicle transport, and mobile accumulators.

Disagreeable
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Disagreeable »

Hey all,

I have a major noob question. I am just getting involved in Mods today and I'm starting with Rail Tanker. After messin' around with old versions I am now at the point when the mod loads and I can enter the game.
My question now is... where the heck is icon to make the tanker? I would have thought under "Logistics", but I only see my Locomotive and my cargo car. I have loaded this mod in an existing map that I have been playing. Is that my problem? Am I missing something? Really looking forward to your assistance.

Be well.

--adam

Disagreeable
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport

Post by Disagreeable »

Sothix wrote:Hey guys, I got a little problem here and I woundered if anybody could help me. Everytime I load my save, following error appears: _ _ RailTanker_ _/control.lua:130:attempte to index global 'game' (a nil value)
I'm running Factorio version 0.12.25, but it already didnt work before the update today.
Also running a few mods: Aircraft, Double Furnace, Orbital Ion Cannon, Side Inserters, Simple Teleports,
Satellite Uplink Station, WaiTex, Warehousing Mod and of course Rail Tankers. Really want this mod, pls help :(

PS: sry for my bad english
I got it! I see that I have to research it before I have access to it! Awesome.

bohne2k7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bohne2k7 »

orzelek wrote:I would recommend the 8L fix mod - you will need to redo the stations a bit but then the virtual tanker matches tiles and 2 pumps can connect on both sides.

For me, the phantom tanks were only removed when I subsequently run the following both commands:

/c game.local_player.selected.destroy()
/c game.player.selected.destroy()
Note that it is selected and not selection.

Meppi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Meppi »

I made a tech icon for Rail Tanker. I'll just leave this here for anyone who wants to use it.
rail-tanker-tech.png
rail-tanker-tech.png (29.17 KiB) Viewed 5900 times
Attachments
RailTanker_tech _icon.zip
(30.17 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

Return to “Mods”