Pirating Factorio

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Pirating Factorio

Post by FreeER »

Well, considering this has a topic now, I'll just say that had I been able to find a pirate version of the game when I first found out about it I would have used it for an "extended" demo. However I couldn't find one, so I played the demo and found it amazing (and a lot of demos don't even really capture the full game, this did). I could have chosen to upload Factorio after I bought it, but I didn't think there was any need to. The demo did it great justice and someone else would eventually (simply too good of a game :D ).
Zero_Berz wrote:1)Watching this spinoff-topic solidifies my opinion on the game and developers team. You are awesome guys, who made awesome game. Period. :) [...] I know why dev team here not afraid of pirates ;) . They actually know, that they made a good game. And such games doesn`t need insane DRM, permanent connect and so on.
+10
Nova wrote:Why should they do additional work, if the version is nearly the same without any drawbacks? As long as you don't implement any "features" like "Wait 10 seconds to read the pirate message" it should be no problem.
To be honest, I like the idea...
For the challenge of doing it (that's half the reason anyone cracks software anyway). Not to mention you, as a consumer (rather you paid or not), want the best experience possible, extra popups do not give that. I have seen a few pirated games with bug fixes (even minor and obscure ones) that the actual releases NEVER saw, but of course I've also seen pirated material that acted as nothing more than a transport for malware. Though I do like the idea of the devs releasing a 'free', modified, version :)

As for Game Dev Tycoon...I pirated it for no reason other than because of the news, I was curious. It was a little interesting but it could have been better and it didn't sound like they intended to improve it, so I didn't bother paying for it (and haven't played or even thought of it since).
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

I'll admit I pirate games to demo them. But I'd never pirate a game that has a demo, unless of course the demo is massively unrepresentative of the 'real' game. Which I don't believe is the case with Factorio. I downloaded the demo, played it. Realised how good it was and bought the full version. I guess my frustration with the OP isn't that he had legitimate reasons. It was the fact that he was, and still is blatantly flaunting the fact that he pirated the game on the official forums.

When someone says something like this:
malokin wrote:also pirated before buying the game maybe ill go upload 0.8.1 to thepiratebay.org and ignite the "holy war"

dont hate the playa hate the game son
That is quite offensive imo. I mean, seriously? Yes people are going to do it. Hell the developers might even be okay with it based on the additional exposure. But coming here and flaunting it is just wrong. To the OP, show a bit more respect please. If you like the game? Respect that fact. You may think you're doing them a favor by getting the game out there, but you're not. You're simply aiding the piracy.

While I don't agree with putting viruses/spyware/malware in pirated copies of things, I also don't think that you should go putting the 'legitimate' one out there to protect the pirates. If exposure is really that big of a deal they can sort it out by making the demo more accessible and in line with the current game. I played the demo back around 0.5, I was under the impression that it had improved quite considerably since then with the exception of it not being brought up to the 'experimental' version.

At the end of the day I think this entire topic has gone a bit... off topic. In a good way, but it is still a topic that should probably be locked and closed down with a reasonable explanation as to the official 'position' of the developers on the topic (if they wish to comment that is). I'm surprised it has remained as mature as it has given how it started. Kudos to you all.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

TGS wrote:I'll admit I pirate games to demo them. But I'd never pirate a game that has a demo, unless of course the demo is massively unrepresentative of the 'real' game.
And yet how do you know if the demo IS representative of the 'real' game before playing both? That's why I tend to pirate without even bothering with the games demo, if it was enjoyable I'll pay for it (or I will as soon as I have the money, I pirated uplink years before I was able to buy it, and played it several times...I wish onlink would update.)
Which I don't believe is the case with Factorio. I downloaded the demo, played it. Realised how good it was and bought the full version.
same
I guess my frustration with the OP isn't that he had legitimate reasons. It was the fact that he was, and still is blatantly flaunting the fact that he pirated the game on the official forums.

When someone says something like this:
malokin wrote:also pirated before buying the game maybe ill go upload 0.8.1 to thepiratebay.org and ignite the "holy war"

That is quite offensive imo. I mean, seriously?
I have to agree, but I didn't say anything because I found it after the devs had already seen it. Besides, what is 'the game'? IF this had drm, etc. I'd get the challenge (game) of removing it but it doesn't (unless you count the updater, which not sure how that could be cracked).
...To the OP, show a bit more respect please. If you like the game? Respect that fact.
I can agree with this.
...I'm surprised it has remained as mature as it has given how it started. Kudos to you all.
I'm occasionally surprised at the maturity of some forum discussions myself (on several sites) :)
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

FreeER wrote:And yet how do you know if the demo IS representative of the 'real' game before playing both? That's why I tend to pirate without even bothering with the games demo, if it was enjoyable I'll pay for it (or I will as soon as I have the money, I pirated uplink years before I was able to buy it, and played it several times...I wish onlink would update.)
Quite easily now. With youtube you can easily watch a plethora of videos of the 'full' version of a game. It's pretty easy to tell without pirating a game whether or not the demo is or isn't... lacking. Similarly you can also tell through videos whether a game is worth getting at all, provided you aren't going strictly off the developer/publishers own videos. Those tend to be cut/edited/manipulated in the best possible way to show off a game in the best light imaginable, often times misrepresenting a game by a fair margin.

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

So TGS doesn't have a problem with downloading games as a way of trying them. Its telling the truth to the devs face on their own forum he just can't stand?? :-P

The devs are mature enough to see that "piracy" isnt going to kill their income stream the same way VHS recorders didn't kill primetime TV's. Why can't you be that mature TGS? You STILL, after all the devs have said, want to try and guilt trip others over telling the truth on an internet forum? Good Luck, we think you are like our grandparents, whining over the deplorable way kids these days dance when they listen to Elvis. (Reminds me of that famous quote "Get used to it fatty")

<torrent link removed>

I uploaded 0.8.1 RIGHT THERE dedicated to you TGS, if my 32bit download hadnt failed, I'd have uploaded that too in your honor.
It was only when I saw you whining about someone else "blatantly" telling the truth about his DESPICABLE "piracy" that i felt this game NEEDED to be pirated in your honor. I'm glad we shocked you, you need to be shocked here on this forum, and never again in the future when you see this kind of thing again. This kind of thing WILL happen again for every game that is ever made in the digital form. Literally every single video game for the rest of humanity's history will have people on the official forum "Bragging" about their piracy.
THE NERVE of some people i swear ;-* mwa
Last edited by FreeER on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of torrent link

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

For me it's impossible to guess that game is for me or not, based only on YT films. I have to try and play. There is plenty of good looking games and interesting on films but when I played them 1-2h I had found out they're boring for me and deleted them without ending.

In first place I downloaded Factorio from "unofficial site" and played 2-3h. After that I was sure that this game is what I want to play and i bought it. Not mentioned that I first read about Factiorion on that "unofficial site" :P

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

and just so i dont have to start my own demo hating tirade of a side thread:

30 minute youtube video: 100mb (try watching factorio on low quality)
entire game: 106mb

You seriously purpose i waste my time and internet connection watching a youtube video to see what the game is really like, rather than playing the actual game? Wha? How does you brain mind think thought? If you want to know what a thing is like, and there is a free path to trying said thing, why oh why would i settle for second best sneak peek at a named woman? Does anyone honestly think they can talk even one person out of their piracy-laden ways?
Maybe i'v been mislead by demos, maybe i don't like when devs get to put their best foot forward and hide the areas of the game with the least polish that they plan to sell you.

We all have our personal preferences, but if you take ONE GOT DANGED ITEM in the tech tree out of the demo, im super upset. I'm not gonna waste my time on "crippleware" like that. Thats what a demo is in today's internet piracy-thirsty society, CRIPPLEWARE.
It's an insult to those people who elevate this game, in their minds, to a mathematically responsible work of ART. A demo is like if you put just the mona lisas face on a t-shirt and you are giving them away for free just outside seeing the REAL mona lisa. Showing any person an edited or "reduced" version of the mona lisa is sickening, your sacrificing the beauty of art for the utility of consumerism. Anyone who is in love with this game would want to see every man woman and child play it whether they pay for it or not. Don;t fall in love with the devs of factorio, Fall in love with the game, and keep your loyalty with the game, not the persons who birthed it.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Psycho0124
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Psycho0124 »

TGS wrote:Similarly you can also tell through videos whether a game is worth getting at all, provided you aren't going strictly off the developer/publishers own videos. Those tend to be cut/edited/manipulated in the best possible way to show off a game in the best light imaginable, often times misrepresenting a game by a fair margin.
^ This.
I just got burned for $60 by a developer I thought I trusted; EgoSoft. They released a game called X:Rebirth and despite the great trailers and pedigree, the game was an absolute mess. Even though EgoSoft has always been a PC-only developer, Rebirth turned out to be a crappy console port! Turns out they wanted to create an X-box game a few years back and failed, never released as planned and decided to cash out the mess they had to PC (at the expense of their customers)! Bugs are rampant, performance is terrible, the UI is a disgrace, and I feel like an idiot for giving them my money.

Factorio on the other hand, I'm proud to have bought and I spread the word wherever I can.
With so many predatory developers out there, "try before you buy" piracy is the only way to avoid getting ripped off sometimes.

Hey, maybe we should leave some comments on that torrent? "Great game! Support the developers!" etc?

Zero_Berz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zero_Berz »

malokin wrote: I uploaded 0.8.1 RIGHT THERE dedicated to you TGS
malokin wrote: You seriously purpose i waste my time and internet connection watching a youtube video to see what the game is really like, rather than playing the actual game? Wha? How does you brain mind think thought?
Man man man... Why so serious? So much expression to waste...

I see no reasons at all.
I will sound similiar to one well known unitologist`s profet, but.. ah nothing really.

Fact: software and any other forms of piracy are mechanisms of content quality regulation. Piracy help people over the world not spend money for trash content.
Fact: Guys, who made great things should be rewarded.
Fact: Companies, died because of piracy exist only in fairy tales of copyright-histerical cretins like MPAA и RIAA. ( And some people who don`t wanna lose superprofits,and so their favourite coke and whores)
Fact: Every really good game have loyal community. Sometimes they make religious fanatics look bleak. This fan-community will always be financial core with or without piracy.
Fact: Fan community always grow large and wide, when devs do right things (like great content or communicate with gamers.)

So if someone likes to listen to marketing managers of different copyfreak(c)(tm)(r) companies... let them be.

UPD
Bugs are rampant, performance is terrible, the UI is a disgrace, and I feel like an idiot for giving them my money.
Know that feel bro(c)

As Diablo 1\2 fan, i was... disappointed at the very least, by Blizzard. I got for my money.. like pre alfa of D3. Bugs, bots, lags, uncommunicative staff, bad design, bad itemisation and so on... 10 years of development? Joke. no more.

Btw, have you guys notised, that there is a trend for some time. To sell us raw, wet and ill-balanced beta versions, and saying "Ta-da... we have released "insert title here"! "Be grateful for our efforts!"
Selling beta is ok for indep devs, but for AAA publishers? Seems they think of fanbase like of complete morons?

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Psycho0124 wrote: I just got burned for $60 by a developer I thought I trusted; EgoSoft. They released a game called X:Rebirth and despite the great trailers and pedigree, the game was an absolute mess. Even though EgoSoft has always been a PC-only developer, Rebirth turned out to be a crappy console port! Turns out they wanted to create an X-box game a few years back and failed, never released as planned and decided to cash out the mess they had to PC (at the expense of their customers)! Bugs are rampant, performance is terrible, the UI is a disgrace, and I feel like an idiot for giving them my money.

Hey, maybe we should leave some comments on that torrent? "Great game! Support the developers!" etc?
So you were an X-fan as well. Sad what they did to the fanbase. I watched the forums a lot before the release, they were saying they had no plan B and that rebirth was their do or die release. I almost think they failed at the console port then didn't have enough time to convert it to PC.

Do it, provide a link to factorio.com and ask them to support the indy developer, it feeds them and lets them continue developing it.

Psycho0124
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Psycho0124 »

Darthlawsuit wrote:I almost think they failed at the console port then didn't have enough time to convert it to PC.
Yeah, it's nuts! There are X-Box shader references all over the place in the game files! The controller-oriented menu system is another clue. From what I've read, It looks like EgoSoft was going to try and get into the console market after X3 Reunion and gave up for one reason or another. Not wanting to just eat the loss of years of development, they started porting their work over to PC. It seems like they realized they wouldn't be able to fully port XBox:Rebirth in time for release, so they slapped together the Albion Prelude 3.0 patch back in May to include XBox controller support. They probably wanted to get the fans warmed up to using one so Rebirths UI wouldn't be so glaringly deficient.
Very sad about 'ol Egosoft. :cry:
Darthlawsuit wrote:Do it, provide a link to factorio.com and ask them to support the indy developer, it feeds them and lets them continue developing it.
Done. Any idealistic pirate that doesn't buy it after reading slpwnds quote just isn't worth his salt. :P
Zero_Berz wrote:I will sound similiar to one well known unitologist`s profet, but..
Hahaha, another Dead Space fan! 3 wasn't quite a scary for me as the previous two but I think they've kept the quality pretty high with both sequels. Awesome series.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Psycho0124 wrote: Done. Any idealistic pirate that doesn't buy it after reading slpwnds quote just isn't worth his salt. :P
Well I think you just made Factorio some more sales :D

Zero_Berz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zero_Berz »

Psycho0124 wrote: Hahaha, another Dead Space fan! 3 wasn't quite a scary for me as the previous two but I think they've kept the quality pretty high with both sequels. Awesome series.
They just made shooter and not horror. Anyway i have all 3 and all 3 are good. Just each one slightly different than another ;)

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

malokin wrote:So TGS doesn't have a problem with downloading games as a way of trying them. Its telling the truth to the devs face on their own forum he just can't stand?? :-P

The devs are mature enough to see that "piracy" isnt going to kill their income stream the same way VHS recorders didn't kill primetime TV's. Why can't you be that mature TGS? You STILL, after all the devs have said, want to try and guilt trip others over telling the truth on an internet forum? Good Luck, we think you are like our grandparents, whining over the deplorable way kids these days dance when they listen to Elvis. (Reminds me of that famous quote "Get used to it fatty")

<torrent link removed>

I uploaded 0.8.1 RIGHT THERE dedicated to you TGS, if my 32bit download hadnt failed, I'd have uploaded that too in your honor.
It was only when I saw you whining about someone else "blatantly" telling the truth about his DESPICABLE "piracy" that i felt this game NEEDED to be pirated in your honor. I'm glad we shocked you, you need to be shocked here on this forum, and never again in the future when you see this kind of thing again. This kind of thing WILL happen again for every game that is ever made in the digital form. Literally every single video game for the rest of humanity's history will have people on the official forum "Bragging" about their piracy.
THE NERVE of some people i swear ;-* mwa
Wow. It's interesting that you went on such a rant for my sake. When I made it perfectly clear that I was largely okay with 'try before you buy'. Quite frankly this entire reply is trolling. Nothing more. "Omfg he doesn't like it... SO I HAVE TO DO IT NOW".

What's really sad is the fact that your attitude doesn't seem to be at all aimed at try before you buy or really any legitimate 'piracy' at all. You are now doing it simply because you can. Simply to spite me. But that's okay. There really isn't much point continuing this from my perspective as you have revealed yourself to be a troll. Good day.
Psycho0124 wrote:
TGS wrote:Similarly you can also tell through videos whether a game is worth getting at all, provided you aren't going strictly off the developer/publishers own videos. Those tend to be cut/edited/manipulated in the best possible way to show off a game in the best light imaginable, often times misrepresenting a game by a fair margin.
^ This.
I just got burned for $60 by a developer I thought I trusted; EgoSoft. They released a game called X:Rebirth and despite the great trailers and pedigree, the game was an absolute mess. Even though EgoSoft has always been a PC-only developer, Rebirth turned out to be a crappy console port! Turns out they wanted to create an X-box game a few years back and failed, never released as planned and decided to cash out the mess they had to PC (at the expense of their customers)! Bugs are rampant, performance is terrible, the UI is a disgrace, and I feel like an idiot for giving them my money.

Factorio on the other hand, I'm proud to have bought and I spread the word wherever I can.
With so many predatory developers out there, "try before you buy" piracy is the only way to avoid getting ripped off sometimes.

I also bought Rebirth, in fact I preordered it as soon as it went up for preorder. I had great hopes for it, was severely massively and endlessly let down. Quite honestly I'd say this is one of those cases where not only did they show the best possible 'videos' at the angles they wanted us to see, they actually hacked in 'events' that weren't standard in the gameplay using the guise of "Actual gameplay shown" when in fact it wasn't. It was just staged events in the game engine to make it look like we were seeing real gameplay.

X:Rebirth was a case of the customers being flat out bullshitted. I really don't know what they did for 7 years, but it looked to me like a good 5 years of that probably got scrapped at some point. Hell a good chunk of what we actually see in the game was only put in in the last 12 months (According to an interview) for example the landing platforms/FPS aspect.

Yes, this stuff does happen. But like most consumer industries it is and always has been buyer beware. Because the 'salesperson' types out there will try to sell you your own shirt if they can get away with it.

I have to restate. I do not mind nor am I against piracy. However I am against people trying to get free crap. Not paying for something that someone put a lot of hard work into. This is exactly why I got bothered by the OP. He was clearly trying to troll and stir shit. Not give people a taste of a good game, or help people out.
malokin wrote:also pirated before buying the game maybe ill go upload 0.8.1 to <torrent site link> and ignite the "holy war"

If he had opened this with "I really liked the game, I tried the demo and didn't find it to represent the true gameplay. Pirated it to try it and think the developers should put out a free version" then it would have been completely different. But he didn't. He pirated it, flaunted the fact. And then because I was bothered by this fact has now posted the link to the torrent in a clear attempt to spite me.
Last edited by FreeER on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of torrent link

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

I did do it to spite you, but your wrong to think that means I had no reason.

Lets start with, you defiantly are not some "victim" of trolling here. You attacked another member of this forum (verbally of course) because he "flaunted" the fact that he pirated the game IN THE SAME POST HE SAID HE BOUGHT IT, YOU JERK. He didn't flaunt anything. You are the bully and the troll trying to enforce rules the devs themselves don't believe in (NO DEV IN HISTORY LETS LINKS TO THE PIRATE BAY GO UNBANNED ON THEIR OWN FORUM, THESE DEVS ARE CLEARLY FINE WITH IT).

You are a tattle tail, a negative nancy, and a SUPPORTER OF THE RIAA AND OTHER LOBBYING GROUPS THAT PAY OFF POLITICIANS TO CIRCUMVENT ALL THE VOTING DONE AGAINST COPYRIGHT LAWS.

The reason its important to spite little worms like you when they dare show their head, is to PROVE the INVULNERABILITY of we the pirates.
I WISH those devs had banned me so i could prove to you that I can make as many accounts on these forums with a TOR browser as i want even after several IP bans. I want you to know every time you type one of those message of COPYRIGHT HATRED, that you accomplish NOTHING. More importantly, i want to PROVE it, to YOUR FACE, that you will accomplish nothing, and with a wave of my mighty keyboard, i can help thousands (okay okay hundreds so far :P) to begin to play factorio for free.

I can fight you, but can you fight me? No!

You, the devs, the government, etc etc etc are powerless to stop me and all pirates. Go ahead AND TRY. And if I could PROVE this to you, give you a demonstration of the futility of your whiney resistance, maybe I can turn you to our side.

TROLL FOR GREAT JUSTICE
FREE MUSIC
FREE GAMES
An end to whiney forum "white knights"
Join me TGS
I AM YOUR FATHER
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

malokin wrote:I did do it to spite you, but your wrong to think that doesn't mean I had no reason.
[SNIP]
You are a tattle tail, a negative nancy, and a SUPPORTER OF THE RIAA AND OTHER LOBBYING GROUPS THAT PAY OFF POLITICIANS TO CIRCUMVENT ALL THE VOTING DONE AGAINST COPYRIGHT LAWS.

The reason its important to spite little worms like you when they dare show their head, is to PROVE the INVULNERABILITY of we the pirates.
I WISH those devs had banned me so i could prove to you that I can make as many accounts on these forums with a TOR browser as i want even after several IP bans.
[SNIP]
This seems highly inappropriate for the forums and maybe I'm a bit biased, I probably should have mentioned this immediately after I saw TGS's last post (in the back of my mind I knew it'd bring a response). But I didn't and this particular post definitely has issues so. I'd like to ask both you and TGS to stop this conversation on the forums if you can not BOTH respond in a civil and respectable manner. This would exclude name calling, speculation about motives, shouting (all caps is generally considered to be shouting), calling people powerless, etc. This is not the type of content this forum is here for, nor should it be tolerated, even here in this particular topic.

Please, and thank you,
FreeER

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Apologies staff, i often think I can say what I want when I'm speaking honestly about only how i personally feel, it is only my big ego that stopped me from sending that last message as a private message. TGS and I should settle our matters personally, and in my experience, the name calling and button pushing and STAND TAKING doesn't happen as much when two people are communicating privately. I only even hint at continuing this privately as not to steal the last word from TGS, but something tells me he doesn't want to continue this any more than I do. I hope you know i meant the words STAND TAKING refers to me and not TGS. I talk funny like that and my english is not so good but I'm trying.

I use caps on the words that i want to EMPHASIZE HOMEY and that habit will die hard but I'll try not to abuse it. Is bold shouting? bold is such a freaking chore man and italic just looks gay, shift is just easier, i did not mean any offense to anyone being "too loud".

If you want me to edit my posts to exclude any name calling or references to third parties, and to edit out all that "shouting" (what delicate sensibilities you have there XD) well I'd rather have that then see you delete these posts outright. (the TOR stuff too, no need for "terrorist instruction manuals" on your pretty site :P) If you DO decide to delete them outright, just nuke this whole thread for me will ya pal?
The Factorio piratebay release team can announce our plan to release 0.8.3 (the stablest release evAR) in a new, less flamewar-ish thread.

SERIOUS QUESTION BRO,
Is there an RSS feed or something else like that I can use to automatically be informed on the updates?
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

and stop calling me "The OP" this all started over in Suggestions: Role Playing I think it was. I just dont do a big wall of quotes like other people so for clarity: I'm not the author of a call out thread, and I didnt bring up piracy either. I'm not a piracy guy, as you can see from that piratebay account, i only pirate the games I own that no1 has pirated yet. TOR network is for privacy, not for terrorism and piracy. internet is serious buisness.
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

malokin wrote:Apologies staff, i often think I can say what I want when I'm speaking honestly about only how i personally feel, it is only my big ego that stopped me from sending that last message as a private message.
Understandable, though I'll mention that I personally would have rather received such a post as a pm than a forum post. I'm not sure about the majority of users though.
malokin wrote:I use caps on the words that i want to EMPHASIZE HOMEY and that habit will die hard but I'll try not to abuse it. Is bold shouting? bold is such a freaking chore man and italic just looks gay, shift is just easier, i did not mean any offense to anyone being "too loud".
I understand that habit, I still occasionally do so if it's only one or two words, it's when you have more than a few words that it becomes difficult to tell if someone is literally shouting (often indicative of loss of control and reason, hence immaturity, not that it offends sensibilities, certainly not mine) or emphasizing. Yes it is a bit of a chore to bold stuff but it's not that bad, just type it out then highlight the text and hit the bold button. I usually use underlines to emphasize, it doesn't change much but still makes it stand out. I also tend to read through my posts two or three times to make sure that I didn't phrase something incorrectly, though it can still happen. lol
malokin wrote:If you want me to edit my posts
I'll leave that up to the devs :) but honestly I don't think it needs to be edited with the apology right underneath.
malokin wrote: Is there an RSS feed or something else like that I can use to automatically be informed on the updates?
hm, I think there's an RSS somewhere I forget where though because I don't use it. What I use instead is the option when you post a reply (underneath the preview and submit buttons) that says "notify me when a reply is posted". I actually used the User Control Panel to make that default because if I replied I'm obviously interested in what's going to be said, right? You can do so without making a post by using the "subscribe topic" link at the very bottom left of the topic page, and to subforums in the same way (like the News subforum, the link says subscribe forum instead of topic though).
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- Wiki Modding Guide

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Meh, they sometimes post an hour late, post with no update etc, in the News topics. I don't wanna get informed of Merry XMAS or some crap.

I tried to get my browser to log in and automatically look for updates, but i have to make it check BOTH the experimental page and the regular download page because you never know where the right file will be released. If there was a single page, i could make it check the first link on the page for updates or check for keyword 0.8.3 or w/e

the amazon system they are using for the downloads is really boggling my mind and equipment, havnt cracked the code on how to just check some directory for new files and get an automatic download going the "Straight" way

If you would prefer the things i said in my post in a PM, wait till u see the PM i sent you, that will really upset you :-P just kidding of course

merry xmas factorio players, jesus wasnt born in winter; the bible said animals/shephards were in the fields in isreal; therefore it wasnt winter so what the fuck? Merry XMAS :-P
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Return to “General discussion”