No Steam page before release?

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
Iphrid
Inserter
Inserter

No Steam page before release?

Post by Iphrid »

I posed this question in the Steam status FFF but it got glossed over in the discussion in favor of a question about cloud saves so I will repost it here.

Is there going to be a Steam page before release? Wouldn't it be more sensible to have one at least for the upcoming games list?
There are games on there that don't even have a release date announced or if they do, it's months away but Factorio does not. Let's assume that, a few days before release, some prominent youtubers might be asked to cover the game to create some buzz for the release but when there is no Steam page to go to, it might hold people back, as silly as that might sound. I understand that the new and improved trailer is to be finished before the page is made but having the page at the very least could make creating the buzz so much easier, couldn't it? I'm just wondering what the reasoning is behind having the Steam page so late before release, if at all, when there is a perfectly good list for upcoming games on Steam.
ಠ_ಠ

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: No Steam page before release?

Post by Klonan »

We're working on it as we speak ;)

Iphrid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Iphrid »

Klonan wrote:We're working on it as we speak ;)
Awesome! So will there be a Steam page before release?
ಠ_ಠ

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Today if klonan didnt lie yesterday

Return to “Spread the Word”