Configuration & usage

The raillayer; must have, if you want to play with railway.

Moderator: Choumiko

Urbs
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Configuration & usage

Post by Urbs »

When i have parallel track click on, it does not lay track next to to me. I assumed it would just add a row of track along side my path?

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by HammerPiano »

when placing multiple rails, why do I have to use a chain signal on one rail?
Why I can't use just regular signals?

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

HammerPiano wrote:when placing multiple rails, why do I have to use a chain signal on one rail?
The chain signal, as I understand it, is there to signify diraction and the rail the f.a.r.l. is on

also - your welcome and RTFM

Edit:

Here:"When using more than 1 rail you have to add a chain signal to one track, so that the arrows of the signal when you hover over it point north or north-east(diagonal rail). The other rails need normal signals, facing in the direction you want the trains to go
"
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by HammerPiano »

jockeril wrote:
HammerPiano wrote:when placing multiple rails, why do I have to use a chain signal on one rail?
The chain signal, as I understand it, is there to signify diraction and the rail the f.a.r.l. is on

also - your welcome and RTFM

Edit:

Here:"When using more than 1 rail you have to add a chain signal to one track, so that the arrows of the signal when you hover over it point north or north-east(diagonal rail). The other rails need normal signals, facing in the direction you want the trains to go
"
I read it, but I didn't understand it until now.
thank you! :)

lagsalot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lagsalot »

I can't seem to find this question answered anywhere so I have to assume I overlooked it, or I'm doing something wrong.

I finally got some dual track blue prints working, but on curves it only creates the main rail. I haven't seen this mentioned before so it has me scratching my head.

Is this suppose to work this way?

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

lagsalot wrote:I can't seem to find this question answered anywhere so I have to assume I overlooked it, or I'm doing something wrong.

I finally got some dual track blue prints working, but on curves it only creates the main rail. I haven't seen this mentioned before so it has me scratching my head.

Is this suppose to work this way?
Choumiko will probably give you a better answer so best wait fir him, but I will tell you that as far as I know - there is no preprogramed behavior for dual tracks on curves.
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

lagsalot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lagsalot »

Thanks! I'm not griping btw, I was just wondering as no one else had mentioned or asked the question.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Newbie here. Is it possible to lay power poles when the tracks are already laid? I check the box that says place power poles and concrete, then press start then cruise but the train stops and it doesnt lay any of the poles or the concrete.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Check maintenance mode, should do what you want

silver_26
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by silver_26 »

I don't know what you changed between 4 , 41 and 5.20
but I cant use it anymore
it does not do what I want ...
it says the number of singals does is not correct or some bullshit like that

the blueprint it makes by default drives left to RIGHT
I don't know where you live ....
but I want to drive Right to LEFT

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Is it possible to use FARL to remove disused tracks?
I know there is a Bulldozer mode but it only works if there are no track ahead. FARL place new tracks ahead and then removes them when it passes them but when it encounters already placed track ahead it deactivates

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

Roktaal wrote:Is it possible to use FARL to remove disused tracks?
I know there is a Bulldozer mode but it only works if there are no track ahead. FARL place new tracks ahead and then removes them when it passes them but when it encounters already placed track ahead it deactivates
Try maintenance mode.

wizardz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wizardz »

hi, i would like to start by thanking Choumiko for this life saving mod :)

now, i must either be the dumbest user on the planet or i am not doing something right.

i was finally able to create my blueprint, a pretty straightforward 4 lane (2 up, 2 down, with 2 lights, a pole and some walls) but no matter how hard i try, i cannot get the FARL to lay concrete..

i have checked the "place concrete checkbox" i have tried putting concrete in my design..it just doesnt work.
can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

thanks!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

wizardz wrote:hi, i would like to start by thanking Choumiko for this life saving mod :)

now, i must either be the dumbest user on the planet or i am not doing something right.

i was finally able to create my blueprint, a pretty straightforward 4 lane (2 up, 2 down, with 2 lights, a pole and some walls) but no matter how hard i try, i cannot get the FARL to lay concrete..

i have checked the "place concrete checkbox" i have tried putting concrete in my design..it just doesnt work.
can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

thanks!
Is the concrete in the blueprints for your layout? I noticed i'm not mentioning that anywhere.. Here's how to do it: reddit post
Updated the first post here and of the release thread wih the link.

wizardz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wizardz »

oh.. i didnt know you could add concrete to blueprints!

wonderful then. i will give it a try. it will surely make my base easier to expand!!!

thanks!!

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

The demo save is gone and I'm having trouble with what should be simple blueprints.

As soon as I turn from straight to diagonal with these, I get "Deactivated: can't place rail"

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I did also try changing the diagonal blueprint by moving the northwest rail and its chain signal two tiles southwest.

wizardz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wizardz »

sparr wrote:The demo save is gone and I'm having trouble with what should be simple blueprints.

As soon as I turn from straight to diagonal with these, I get "Deactivated: can't place rail"

I'd appreciate any suggestions. I did also try changing the diagonal blueprint by moving the northwest rail and its chain signal two tiles southwest.
i think the chain signal should be on the right track, not the left. i'll try to post a screen of my blueprint later when i get to work so that we can compare.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

My problem was fixed in the latest release.
wizardz wrote:i think the chain signal should be on the right track, not the left. i'll try to post a screen of my blueprint later when i get to work so that we can compare.
The chain signal goes on the northeast-pointing track. In this case, that's the top/left one.

wizardz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wizardz »

sparr wrote:My problem was fixed in the latest release.
wizardz wrote:i think the chain signal should be on the right track, not the left. i'll try to post a screen of my blueprint later when i get to work so that we can compare.
The chain signal goes on the northeast-pointing track. In this case, that's the top/left one.
oh right, sorry i didnt' notice that you were driving on the wrong side of the track :)

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

wizardz wrote:i didnt' notice that you were driving on the wrong side of the track :)
My previous games have used right-hand-drive train systems. I'm trying LHD this game to see the mechanical differences. Having signals and stations on the inside of a track pair rather than the outside means I can fit tracks in narrower spaces. The benefits might outweigh the unnatural feeling of laying the track that way.

Return to “F.A.R.L”