Grass doesn't disappear

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
WalterBlack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Grass doesn't disappear

Post by WalterBlack »

It is normal that grass doesn't disappear when i put the concrete or the stone in the floor? V. 1.2.5

I'm sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (620.23 KiB) Viewed 9285 times

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Grass doesn't disappear

Post by sillyfly »

This behavior is by-design, according to developers.
IIRC every time you place bricks/concrete there is a chance that underlying grass will be removed, so presumably if you pave and remove the concrete/bricks over and over, you will eventually get rid of all undergrowth.

WalterBlack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by WalterBlack »

sillyfly wrote:This behavior is by-design, according to developers.
IIRC every time you place bricks/concrete there is a chance that underlying grass will be removed, so presumably if you pave and remove the concrete/bricks over and over, you will eventually get rid of all undergrowth.
Thank you very much, i thought that it was my problem, I'll try to remove it as you said me

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Theres a handy script from one of the devs HanziQ which can help get rid of the weeds on all your concrete

Code: Select all

/c for coord in game.local_player.surface.get_chunks() do
  for key, e in pairs(game.local_player.surface.find_entities_filtered({area={{coord.x * 32, coord.y * 32}, {coord.x * 32 + 32, coord.y * 32 + 32}}, type="decorative"})) do
    if game.local_player.surface.get_tile(e.position.x, e.position.y).name == "concrete" then
      e.destroy()
    end
  end
end
NOTE: It will 'freeze' the game while it runs, if you have a big map it might take like a couple minutes... but after that all your concrete should be clean

Return to “Technical Help”