[Public/Europe] Dedicated Server

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.10/Bob's/RSO]

Post by daniel34 »

judos wrote:/edit: @daniel, is it possible to get the final save of the youki server map? I wanted to have a look at the final builds since I couldn't be online during this weekend ;)
Final save/autosaves of yuoki incl. mods: http://188.165.250.160:34197/yuoki1.zip (~80mb)

I'll not be on the server today. I will update YARM probably tomorrow evening, but this playthrough will be without FARL for now (we can't always play the same mods).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psznm »

Satellite launched, I wouldn't mind playing same mods again, but I think there should definitely be more biters ... it was somewhat boring with them never attacking. There was just too few of them, regardless of the settings ... I think RSO has something to do with it.

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psznm »

psznm wrote:Satellite launched, I wouldn't mind playing same mods again, but I think there should definitely be more biters ... it was somewhat boring with them never attacking. There was just too few of them, regardless of the settings ... I think RSO has something to do with it.
I suggest increasing RSO"enemy_base_size_multiplier" alot while leaving "absolute_enemy_chance" the same. Also reducing ore richness would be nice, so we wouldn't need only 2 copper deposits for the whole game.
Last edited by psznm on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

and science tweaker :)

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaZ »

There is not even done everything, the goal should be harder than just doing a stupid rocket with a satellite. I have the feeling, first many people build a base and than some superior engineers join the server and build that thing, which is very easy when most of the work is done.

psznm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by psznm »

kaZ wrote:There is not even done everything, the goal should be harder than just doing a stupid rocket with a satellite. I have the feeling, first many people build a base and than some superior engineers join the server and build that thing, which is very easy when most of the work is done.
That is truth, however there isnt much to do anymore, and there is even less motivation to do those things ... like, why should i do power armor 5 if i don't need to fight biters at all? I personally think we need to increase difficulty somehow, by a lot .... "winning" the game in 37 hours of server time doesn't seem right.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

I would like to drasticly decrease the ore richness and frequency while increasing enemy base frequency. That would make it necessary to expand earlier on while doing so is more difficult, so we cant just turtle in and build up high tier armour/turrets. Maybe we could even try a mod that makes the biters more challenging...

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.10/Marathon/RSO/FARL]

Post by daniel34 »

Server has been restarted with a new map, this time all settings to very big (water, ores, oil, biters), but with Marathon mod and RSO.
EDIT: Server will remain on 0.12.10 for now, the mods used are not supporting 0.12.11 yet.

xian780
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xian780 »

Server crashed about half an hour ago and its not come back up

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Restarted the server. I really should install an autorestart script sometime.

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bisa »

daniel34 wrote:Restarted the server. I really should install an autorestart script sometime.
*hint* https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 33&t=13874 *hint* ;)
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

Xerrass
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xerrass »

Nice Server nice People there

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.13/RSO/YARM]

Post by daniel34 »

New map after the last one was completed:
daniel34 wrote:
  • Ores: Very low / Very small / Very poor
  • Enemies: Very High / Very Big / Very Good *
Goal
  • I dare you to launch 1 rocket with these settings!
Let's see how that map goes! :)

* Yes I know Very Good richness for biters is easier, but I wanted to give you a chance ;)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Hmmm.. not sure how to tell you that.
You have RSO.. that means that this richness value near enemies is just ignored ;)

RSO looks only at frequency and size for biters.
Also for completeness about ore frequency - setting it to very low for all ores means it's like nothing was changed. RSO uses relative model on rolling for ores so if they all are reduced then relative chance remains the same.

Rest of settings listed will give you enough problems - good luck :D

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Wait... are you telling me that setting the frequency of all ores to Very Low yields the same result as setting them to Normal (or Very High for that matter) ?
That the global ore amount per chunk for the whole map is the same no matter how I set the frequency and only if I increase the frequency of one ore the others are getting less, although they're are at Very Low already?

I assume that at least the Very Small ore size and the Very Poor richness have an impact on the 'ores per chunk', as I''ve seem from the current map. (1 small field for iron, copper, coal and stone in the center and a small coal deposit near the biters in the south, other than that the map is surrounded by biters).

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

RSO behavior is very different from vanilla perlin noise.
With RSO you don't set amount of ores per chunk - there is a probability of getting ore per region (7x7 chunks) but it's a config setting not map generation one.

When ore roll succeeds it will pick one of ores randomly(thats where frequency comes in and thats why it's relative).
When ore is picked it will use size and richness to generate itself and has a chance to generate secondary ore for that chunk - this is another random roll and if it succeeds secondary ore will be generated in reduced quantity based on same rules.

Xerrass
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xerrass »

interesting and good to know there are very small veins with like 500k coal so hmm lets see how this will work out

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Xerrass wrote:interesting and good to know there are very small veins with like 500k coal so hmm lets see how this will work out
Those are a frequent point of discussion on RSO - still haven't decided if they should simply not spawn or just get degraded to some sane amount per pile.

kaZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.15/RSO/YARM]

Post by kaZ »

Daniel what about doing the 40k rocket challenge you already mentioned? :)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Public/Europe] Dedicated Server [0.12.15/RSO/YARM]

Post by daniel34 »

kaZ wrote:Daniel what about doing the 40k rocket challenge you already mentioned? :)
I only mentioned there was someone who lauched 40k rockets with bobs mods: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =8&t=17250
TBH i'm surprised you almost finished this map with the current settings.

Don't know what I'll do for the next map, but if you want to go for 40k rockets that's fine too.
So please post your ideas for the next map ...

Return to “Multiplayer”