Version 0.12.8

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.12.8

Post by FactorioBot »

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.8

Post by Kane »

FIRST!

Thank you some wonderful fixes and additions to the lua.
Last edited by Kane on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeamonEngineer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeamonEngineer »

great news and its not even thursday

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

got it !
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Wednesday release. You guys just spoil us.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Something happened to shotgun or did it always shoot only on 8 way axis? I could swear it used to shoot at the cursor position. Its kinda hard to hit some biters that come at awkward positions.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

I was going to link in the bug report, but you've already seen it! So this is for everyone else:

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=16321

Shotgun is bugged.

Also, this update is seeming to break a few mods. Coloured Stuff mod by d3phoenix has gone down.

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shekki »

Factorio doesn't start with WaiTex graphic mods (Because of that steel furnace change). I guess I just need download it again. Also, shame on shotgun :cry: favorite weapon, any fix soon?

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

Shekki wrote:Factorio doesn't start with WaiTex graphic mods (Because of that steel furnace change). I guess I just need download it again. Also, shame on shotgun :cry: only valid weapon, any fix soon?
haha, fixed that for you.. :D

Shekki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shekki »

Kewlhotrod wrote:
Shekki wrote:Factorio doesn't start with WaiTex graphic mods (Because of that steel furnace change). I guess I just need download it again. Also, shame on shotgun :cry: only valid weapon, any fix soon?
haha, fixed that for you.. :D
So true =)

Vulkandrache
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vulkandrache »

I really wish there was a way to easily get older graphics back.
Things like the circuits and the inserter loocked better back in 0.9.

These new furnaces. Sorry, i think they look like shit. And thats not even the problem.
They blend in with the background. The black ones had a nice contrast against the grass or sand.

Edit:

Is it just me or is the inventory/crafting window now really small?

And the fact that the inventory now sorts all the finished stuff at the top is straight up worse then it was before.
The inventory is in the top half of the screen so my mouse allways comes from the bottom. With the new sorting i have to move the moue further up then before.

I dont understand the reasoning behind those changes, especially considering that things like the train window are still the same mess as they were 2 years ago.

TimmPure
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TimmPure »

Would you like some pepper with that salt, Vulkandrache? ;)

Not everyone likes every change, and different people have different tastes. The feedback on the new steel furnace graphics were overwhelmingly positive in the Friday Facts thread that revealed them.
If I were you I would try to zoom out a little in order to appreciate how development is going: if you compare factorio now to what it was in 0.9, is it not more fluid, interesting, fun to play (in spite of what you perceive as some graphic downgrades)?

Vulkandrache
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vulkandrache »

Dont get me wrong. Right now im putting even more hours into the game.
I dont write because i dont like the game as a whole. Otherwise i would drop it and move on.

The gameplay changes since back then are good, yes. We got new toys and other stuff.

The changes with the graphics i do not like. Go and put a real smelting area down with the new model.
It looks like some wheat field. They dont stand out from the ground at all.
And factorio is not the only game i notice this in. Washed out low, contrast color schemes seems to be popular and i dont know why.

But i dont do compromises with the Ui. The fact alone that fule is now in the middle of the inventory has annoyed the shit out of me for the past hour.

Meanwhile the trainschedule still only shows 6 stations and you need another klick to open the fuel window.

On my screen that window uses less than 10% of the space. It could show 50+ stations, have sorting options and some other easy of use stuff.

Anonemuss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anonemuss »

Pretty sure the devs would've noticed this by now, but the inventory picture for the steel furnace is still the old graphic. Aside from that, lovin' these frequent updates! :D

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Yay an update!
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Beams can now be created via create_entity. You need to specify source/source_position and target/target_position, you can also specify duration (ticks), max_length and source_offset (vector). Position of the created entity does not matter.
You guys didn't forget about that! So nice of you!
Vulkandrache wrote:I really wish there was a way to easily get older graphics back.
But there is. You just need to know how to mod. :P
furnace entity
Just replace the steel-furnace entry in data/base/prototypes/entity/entities.lua with the one in spoiler and put the pictures from the older version in data/base/graphics/entity/steel-furnace .
The more correct way of doing so would be via the mod, but I'm feeling lazy today.

And yes, large lines of new furnaces look odd. Maybe it's just me, I was antagonized by new assemblers when they used to be new, now not really. Or maybe Albert keeps making up elaborate pictures with delicate features that blend into mess at higher zoom for things that are meant to simply be, give slight info and not hold eyes for long.
TimmPure wrote:The feedback on the new steel furnace graphics were overwhelmingly positive in the Friday Facts thread that revealed them
Speaking of devlog pictures, there are the hi-res picture, which looks good, and the image of a lone furnace in-game with quite close zoom which might get an incorrect feeling.
Maybe it'd look better if it was not 2x2 entity ingame. Also, it seemed to me that there's no smoke from chimney, is it?
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

The inline update worked this time, the reply I got previously was spot on - allow experimental needed to be switched on.

Krychle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krychle »

Anyone else on OSX getting the blank white bar overlay during gameplay?
I have a perpetual white bar at the top, looks like some glitch with the system menu.
This was not there before this 0.12.8 release, playing since 0.11.

OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 (14F27)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. I think I've seen it, but cannot reproduce yet.

What nerves me more is, that it blacks out all other screens on the mac; all screens go to black. If I use CMD-Tab, I can bring the apps into the screen again.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

gacek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gacek »

Shouldn't it be release? (someone switched to wednesday release, it's thursday already).

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

gacek wrote:Shouldn't it be release? (someone switched to wednesday release, it's thursday already).
There isn't a release every week. If not enough bugs have been fixed for example it's not worth the new version

Return to “Releases”