Post by harmar »

Hardcore Inventory

Info:
  • Latest Release: WIP
  • Factorio Version: 0.12.x
  • Download: TBA
  • Dependencies: N/A
Long Description:
Last edited by harmar on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [12.x]Hardcore Inventory [WIP]

Post by jorgenRe »

First thought:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o !
Sorry, but that is something that i would never trye seeing as i'm no Hardcore player ;)!
But i think if you could add weight to items(it is possible with LUA scripting!)
So that a player may only carry a max amount(can be increased with tech lvls) and keep the inventory size, and add special vehicles you can use to lay down machines even whilst driving it.

Then i think it would be a whole lot more interesting as i think the way you have it right now may be a little bit of a neusense(something they dont really dont want to do) even though one may be a Hardcore player.
Just ask if you need any help, as i'm happy to help others to accomplish things ;)!
Remember it all is possible, and i know it from the testing i have done whilst creating two mods(one that relies on LOADS of scripting)+ a third upcomming very heavily scripted mod! :ugeek:
Last edited by jorgenRe on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

harmar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [12.x]Hardcore Inventory [WIP]

Post by harmar »

this mod would only be for the most hardcore of player i don't expect many people to use it ^^

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.x]Hardcore Inventory [WIP]

Post by L0771 »

is more like a realistic inventory

harmar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by harmar »

yep,
UPDATE

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

It will make a great addition to a marathon + rso playthrough. Very nice mod, thank you. Although I would prefer if this mod would stay out from crafting times/balance so it can be used combined with other mods which influence crafting.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

To be honest, just cutting inventory space is more of a pain than anything else.
As the guy a couple of posts above me suggested, a "weight" mechanic might be better.
Keep the inventory space, but if the player has more than x items on his character, then the more they have he more their walking speed is reduced, asymptotically to 0.
This opens up possibilities: For example, the legs of power armors could increase the threshold.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

CorrettoSambuca wrote:To be honest, just cutting inventory space is more of a pain than anything else.
As the guy a couple of posts above me suggested, a "weight" mechanic might be better.
Keep the inventory space, but if the player has more than x items on his character, then the more they have he more their walking speed is reduced, asymptotically to 0.
This opens up possibilities: For example, the legs of power armors could increase the threshold.
Now the only problem with this would be to define the weight of an item in a simple and quick way :)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

jorgenRe wrote:
CorrettoSambuca wrote:To be honest, just cutting inventory space is more of a pain than anything else.
Now the only problem with this would be to define the weight of an item in a simple and quick way :)!
That's shouldn't be too hard. You should only have to define the weights for the basic items because recepies can be used to calculate the weights of everything else.
Waste of bytes : P

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

keyboardhack wrote:You should only have to define the weights for the basic items because recepies can be used to calculate the weights of everything else.
Looking at galactic trader mod, it'd mean defining weight for around hundred items for base game and tons more for modded games.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

hoho wrote:
keyboardhack wrote:You should only have to define the weights for the basic items because recepies can be used to calculate the weights of everything else.
Looking at galactic trader mod, it'd mean defining weight for around hundred items for base game and tons more for modded games.
No you should only have to define the wight for, iron, copper, coal, stone, wood, water, petrolium gas, light oil and heavy oil. Use recepies to figure out what the weight for everything else should be. You could even add mod support by saying all ores should weight x and all liquids weight y. The weight for some items might be a bit unrealistic with this method which is why i guess galactic trader defines weight for a lot of items.
Waste of bytes : P

Return to “Mods”