Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries

Post by YuokiTani »

Airat9000 wrote:idea
3 and Research package create
4 alien Research package and complicate a little ..
sounds good, i think i try this because new update add some stuff to make this possible.
Airat9000 wrote:not a big bug
keeps other things ..
it is necessary to add that would be kept as coal coal and iron storage identity is in general .. that would not other things .. gested current resource .. and that would not have turned into garbage.
yep i know, but i don't know about lua to restrict the storeage input, so i decided to rename these bunkers :) - not very smooth but you have now big chest ^^. i use these for my train station - looks nicer.

okay now to the newest things
- first, if you update, it can cause a weird error about stagging entities if you want to save - i have no idea where it comes from but type in console "game.player.force.resetrecipes()" seems fix this. if you still cant save, close game-window hard (x in corner) - otherwise your savegame is eaten. safest way is possible make a backup from your savegame before playing.
- new started games not affected

changes
- new animated graphics for washer & form-press (the pipe connection looks weird, i fix this with later graphics - animation must be new rendered and edited ^^)
- new graphics for both boilers
- sawdust, wood-pellets, packed-pellets are gone
- rebalance all burnable stuff because Treefarm breaks my original math :) - 1 wood (4 MJ)> 1 coke (10 MJ) - most things now nearly equal (lower ^^) to Treefarm but more stackable
- rebalance Coal-To-Liquid and Wood-Gas process under Treefarm MJ conditions

added
- 3 new generators - low output but low fluid-consum - more intend to use on outpost where not enough water (breaking a generator gets you always Type A)
- gun-turret - better range and stores 2 different ammo-types - also storeage-count 30 clips for autoload these turrets (vanilla 10)
- 5 new ammo types, base-damage + element-damage (acid, poison, explosiv) and hollow-pointed-, oversized- bullets - DyTech Emerald-Kings are very vulnerable against acid
- Outpost Mine Drill - runs with solid-fuel (coal, coke, wood etc) and is faster and cover a greater area compare to vanilla-electric-mining-drill
- Hydrogen as gas, and Oxygen as liquid (you can also use the Treefarm-Oxygen - but i hope i can sort this correctly)
- hydrogen-cell - burns like coal but fuel-value is 250 MJ

recipes & the way
-> wash iron-ore/copper-ore (Washer) -> pure-ore + contamineted water -> pure-ores smelted to 2 plates
-> process contamineted-water (Heat-Form-Press) -> wet mud + toxic dust + rare ore pile
-> process wet-mud (Heat-Form-Press) -> dry-mud-ball -> useable as fuel, for walls and poison-ammo

-> Acid Ammo need toxic-dust
-> Oversized Projectiles need Refined Rare Ore (smelted from rare ore piles)

->Liquid Air (Chemical Plant) -> Hydrogen Gas (Chemical Plant) + Pure Copper + Iron Plates => Loaded Hydrogen Energy Cell

I recommend this line of generators because the efficent is filled first. Type 3 is backup and turns on, if your energy-network collapse, but as first in line it has full temperature.
If you reverse this line you can see the temperature in last unused Generator drops because no flow.

If you want no contaminated water to process you can feed this into generators/steam-engines and it will disappear - without pollution ! ;)

Screenshot focus about the changes

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

link ti test?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

YuokiTani wrote:first, if you update, it can cause a weird error about stagging entities if you want to save - i have no idea where it comes from but type in console "game.player.force.resetrecipes()" seems fix this. if you still cant save, close game-window hard (x in corner) - otherwise your savegame is eaten. safest way is possible make a backup from your savegame before playing.
Why not create a lua migration file to call game.player.force.resetrecipes() for everyone? Just create a folder called 'migrations' within the mod folder and create a lua file with any name (typically containing the related mod version and/or date it was created) with that command in it (migrations only run for saves that haven't had the migration ran on it before, based on the name of the migration file, new games are not affected). btw, that was a bit difficult for me to read with the Factorio forum skin (I highlighted the text so that I could read it), just a note :)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Good mod that you liked:

1). many new things ..
Power and water boiler. cool!

2). obtaining oil from coal .. it's brilliant .. very cool made

3). technology to research (open in factory and other)

I would like to see:

integration with mod p, and Bob Ore integration modes

suppose to produce weapons or ammunition using tungsten, gold, silver in their component.

boiler with

made in view of the dirt resource is that it
30.05-2.jpg
30.05-2.jpg (114.72 KiB) Viewed 12412 times
30.05-3.jpg
30.05-3.jpg (194.83 KiB) Viewed 12412 times
30.05.jpg
30.05.jpg (124.91 KiB) Viewed 12412 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

FreeER wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:first, if you update, it can cause a weird error about stagging entities if you want to save - i have no idea where it comes from but type in console "game.player.force.resetrecipes()" seems fix this. if you still cant save, close game-window hard (x in corner) - otherwise your savegame is eaten. safest way is possible make a backup from your savegame before playing.
Why not create a lua migration file to call game.player.force.resetrecipes() for everyone? Just create a folder called 'migrations' within the mod folder and create a lua file with any name (typically containing the related mod version and/or date it was created) with that command in it (migrations only run for saves that haven't had the migration ran on it before, based on the name of the migration file, new games are not affected). btw, that was a bit difficult for me to read with the Factorio forum skin (I highlighted the text so that I could read it), just a note :)
because i'am a lua-noob. i think in wiki is no text to explain this, but i will try this way.
Thanks for explain this to me !
i use the standard-forum-skin (blue/white), but this notice should be red.

@Airat
Thanks for your support !
- be careful with use the large boilers, they eats your fuel very quickly.
- in first pic, these 7 boilers, i think not enough to feed the power-plant (gfx-update yet this week, i think) - but i'am can be wrong :)
- Power-Plant creates 5 MW and primary-energy - this is same priortity as solar ... if you think solar is lame and ugly (space consumption) then is this the way otherwise you should not use them (steam-turbine or generator 2/3 = normal steam-engine or accumulator).
- i have tried bobsore - but they have no smelting recipes - this means i forced to create all smelting stuff beside DyTech. not a real problem, but i'am have not found the correct way to resolve mod-depency and double recipes. (best example liquid-air) - or blend them of, is the specifed mod not aviable.
- sure i would love to have tungsten-core ammo or lead-head-ammo or gold-circuits and radioactive-fuel-cells but its difficult if the mod should be playable standalone.
- another problem with many ore-types is the limit of inventory space :)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

YuokiTani wrote:because i'am a lua-noob. i think in wiki is no text to explain this, but i will try this way.
Well, that's actually Factorio based not lua ;) but you're right, I don't think they're mentioned on the wiki unless you know what you are searching for :lol: IF you search for migration scripts or go to the modding page from the main page and follow the migrations scripts link there (either one) will take take you to a migration script page that links you to a forum post I've made...None of the tutorials actually mention the migration scripts unfortunately
YuokiTani wrote: Thanks for explain this to me !
No problem if you check out the link above you'll see that you can do something similar if you need to change the prototypes from one version to the next by using json migration files (I covered the syntax for it in the linked post).
YuokiTani wrote:i use the standard-forum-skin (blue/white), but this notice should be red.
It is red, I just found it difficult to focus on the individual words to read it, could just be me though :D

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

I think i had written somewhat yesterday here ... maybe not

okay sunday-update happens !

it's only a graphics-update - i added graphic/animation for the Steam-Power-Plant and Gatling-Turret you can see at screens.
filesize increase to ~3.6 MB

compare different steam-engines - some engines have better efficiency that means they consume lesser fuel compare to basic-steam-engine.
the steam-power-plat has a spinning orange dot, if you see a stripe, then its on full steam ;)

new gatling-turret in action

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

guns nice! good work!
i am back testing

idea
red copy guns and green (and color in fire)

and power in damage

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

@Airat9000
to thank you for your support and testing i have just updated the mod, and added the first ore use from bobores. i think some craftable item needs your name ;)
it's first attempt to integrate/use another mod - but first step is made. - new company founded ^^ - Yuoki Imports ;)
gold-ammo is related to other game, forgive me ;)

gun-turrets in other color is possible, but i think i test a bunker/fortification-gun ... maybe 2x2 in size and 1000-2000 HP ^^
next steps are more smelting recipes for bobores - and use of smelted stuff - first some walls

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

nice! very nice! silver (light ammo) tungsten (turret and heavy ammo)

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

What about use titanium plates (processed rutile) to provide light and strong protection for new armored or military buildings?

Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rensiur »

I seem to have come across a bug. The research for "Turret Damage Bonus" does not impact the newly added gattling turrets, might want to add that in the future as they are cool but by this kinda loose the coolness over time thanks to Dytechs pesky Biters.

The 5MW powerplant is awesome ^^

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Rensiur wrote:I seem to have come across a bug. The research for "Turret Damage Bonus" does not impact the newly added gattling turrets, might want to add that in the future as they are cool but by this kinda loose the coolness over time thanks to Dytechs pesky Biters.
this should be solved, otherwise needs extra research

first i added a new turret - because why not ;) - of course with ammo

new imports found somewhere in the dirt

these process-lines for ore nearly real world stuff (get titanium without fluid magnesium)
the process-line to get Titanium/Titanium-Alloy and use - chest (60 space) and wall (some better resistence and more hp)

process-line for zinc

to trash, dump all fluids simple feed a generator this destroy the fluid.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

YuokiTani wrote:
Rensiur wrote:I seem to have come across a bug. The research for "Turret Damage Bonus" does not impact the newly added gattling turrets, might want to add that in the future as they are cool but by this kinda loose the coolness over time thanks to Dytechs pesky Biters.
this should be solved, otherwise needs extra research

first i added a new turret - because why not ;) - of course with ammo

new imports found somewhere in the dirt

these process-lines for ore nearly real world stuff (get titanium without fluid magnesium)
the process-line to get Titanium/Titanium-Alloy and use - chest (60 space) and wall (some better resistence and more hp)

process-line for zinc

to trash, dump all fluids simple feed a generator this destroy the fluid.
YuokiTani you great!

Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rensiur »

Hmm.. loaded my save game and it doesn't increase the turret damage at all, is there a command to enforce that?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Idea
3 alien package in modify (hardness)

dirt+water+(tin ore (lead ore)) in recipe
Attachments
04.06-5.jpg
04.06-5.jpg (104 KiB) Viewed 11811 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Rensiur wrote:Hmm.. loaded my save game and it doesn't increase the turret damage at all, is there a command to enforce that?
i have yet checked this, i try tomorrow to solve this and update then. maybe it would be better as you expect.
Airat9000 wrote:Idea
3 alien package in modify (hardness)
dirt+water+(tin ore (lead ore)) in recipe
if i use your idea + titan-alloy + zinc you would hate me ;)
in the process of adding ore-smelt/process-recipes i rethink some other things. it's take some time to add & test this stuff and of course making the needed graphics.

- the actually way to get alien-artifakt is a bit cheaty ;) - but is only needed for vanilla recipes
- the greater challange would be, process all these ores and don't get stuck or out of place.

(you can remove pics if you quote a text)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

i am not understand

Press form machine
not made in gold ingot
04.06.jpg
04.06.jpg (244.69 KiB) Viewed 11781 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

@Renir
i have tested this a bit more, but for the moment the easiest way is use this new tech to get better performance. you can only research if you have the vanilla turret-upgrade-1 and -3
ohoh, i forget to test these Knowlegde Crystals in Research-Lab ... damn ...

@Airat9000
yes this is true, gold-ingots needs to be smelted, the only one from the new-ores.
if you wish, you can try to get all these things in this screen :P - very complicated stuff ;) - good luck

- titan-chest - can with upgrade be smart or logistic - expect bigger titan-chests because ist easier to fill with 2 or 3 inserters
- substation with better radius - need new wire inside - of course
- a ground-floor-pole - i test this, my idea was to cascade a line of accumulators, but it's not working - maybe i found other use for it
- 3 new accumulator - not a brillant idea, but i make new graphics later for these, and they get different sizes.
my current energy network has some spikes, this turns engines on and off, i hope with accumulators its possible to flatten/cut the spikes
i don't make any free-energy like solar/wind/geothermal or fission (without fuel) this is for girls - a good pollution mean all works fine ;)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

to melt gold than that?

Return to “Yuoki Industries”