Are the enemies going to be redesigned?, first game awesome

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
mp3police
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Are the enemies going to be redesigned?, first game awesome

Post by mp3police »

i think the design of the enemies in this game is shallow and needs to be more varied and such also there needs to be a way to track your pollution levels

Alekthefirst
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Are the enemies going to be redesigned?, first game awes

Post by Alekthefirst »

your pollution levels are already on the minimap...
Factorio is a game about automating everything. One day, i hope i can automate shitty signatures just like this one.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Alekthefirst wrote:your pollution levels are already on the minimap...
^This... Pollution is showed on your mini map and main map when you have advanced info turned on, which it looks like you do lol
As for the biters... Yeah I agree, however I don't think they will be reworked anytime soon, sense the game was and still is meant to be more about the factory building process etc rather than combat. :p
Image Image Image

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

If you can still see your map through the red haze, you don't have enough pollution. Well, that's how I play it.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

mp3police wrote:i think the design of the enemies in this game is shallow and needs to be more varied and such also there needs to be a way to track your pollution levels
No pollution = No enemies.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

tablekwan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tablekwan »

after i gone asleep for 6 hrs and the game is on, all pollution are gone :p

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

ssilk wrote:
mp3police wrote:i think the design of the enemies in this game is shallow and needs to be more varied and such also there needs to be a way to track your pollution levels
Need a way to mass produce pollution to encourage biter attacks. I would like to see an atmospheric terraforming device that pisses off the natives and converts the atmosphere to a more Earth like atmosphere.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

Darthlawsuit wrote:
ssilk wrote:
Need a way to mass produce pollution to encourage biter attacks. I would like to see an atmospheric terraforming device that pisses off the natives and converts the atmosphere to a more Earth like atmosphere.
You release toxic fumes and smog to make an Earth-like atmosphere.

In a way that is kind of amazing.

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Are the enemies going to be redesigned?, first game awesome

Post by GlassDeviant »

I'll assume you know that hitting Alt key turns the display of pollution on and off, so what more do you need than the degree of redness as an indicator of pollution levels?

For me, pollution reaches nests = enemies come over and attack me, and clumps of red = I need to install some efficiency modules on the machines there.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

chainedlupine
Inserter
Inserter

Post by chainedlupine »

I do kinda agree with the OP that combat needs an overhaul.

I think it's pretty skewed right now towards certain weapon/item combos, and the way that biters scale really push you towards being a piercing-shotgun/capsule spewing power-armor bastard. It would be nice if there was other ways to deal with biters, or that biters had more variety so that it was a bit more rock-paper-scissors on what you had to utilize in order to deal with the threat. The game gives you a lot of other weapons but they're all relatively useless and ineffective after a certain point.

Tanks were a great addition, but IMHO useless once you arrive in late game. I'd like to see them have more late-game use (aside from forest clearers) and overall I'd like to see the damage system be overhauled so a single goof-up in combat doesn't result in immediate death. ie: Your tank gets stuck on a rock, so the zillion biters chasing you catch up and immediately smash it.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

chainedlupine wrote:I do kinda agree with the OP that combat needs an overhaul.

I think it's pretty skewed right now towards certain weapon/item combos, and the way that biters scale really push you towards being a piercing-shotgun/capsule spewing power-armor bastard. It would be nice if there was other ways to deal with biters, or that biters had more variety so that it was a bit more rock-paper-scissors on what you had to utilize in order to deal with the threat. The game gives you a lot of other weapons but they're all relatively useless and ineffective after a certain point.

Tanks were a great addition, but IMHO useless once you arrive in late game. I'd like to see them have more late-game use (aside from forest clearers) and overall I'd like to see the damage system be overhauled so a single goof-up in combat doesn't result in immediate death. ie: Your tank gets stuck on a rock, so the zillion biters chasing you catch up and immediately smash it.
A re-design / overhaul of some of the combat related stuff was once planned for 0.12 together with proper endgame content, but it faded a bit into the background in favor of the endgame development, I guess. They acknowledged that the combat is the least fleshed out aspect of the game though way back in summer 2014, and I am pretty sure they haven't forgotten about it.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

GewaltSam wrote:
chainedlupine wrote:I do kinda agree with the OP that combat needs an overhaul.

A re-design / overhaul of some of the combat related stuff was once planned for 0.12 together with proper endgame content, but it faded a bit into the background in favor of the endgame development, I guess. They acknowledged that the combat is the least fleshed out aspect of the game though way back in summer 2014, and I am pretty sure they haven't forgotten about it.
That is a good sump. We haven't forgotten about it but the endgame takes the priority. However after that revisiting the combat is very high on the list.

Triblade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Triblade »

Xterminator wrote:
Alekthefirst wrote:your pollution levels are already on the minimap...
As for the biters... Yeah I agree, however I don't think they will be reworked anytime soon, sense the game was and still is meant to be more about the factory building process etc rather than combat. :p
And I agree with you both.

And as an addition on the factory building part, I think a better combat experience (read: more diverse/plain more/larger groups of enemies) could lead to a bigger and better factory building exp. It creates a purpose for the factory. Especially since there is no endgame at the moment. And when the space endgame is there, it creates a diversion for you resources (to weapons, armor and ammo) instead of focusing it all on rockets and space stations. This leads to more interesting builds IMO.

Return to “General discussion”