[1.1.80] weird texture bug

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lostopkk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.80] weird texture bug

Post by lostopkk »

when I opened the game after a long time, the textures suddenly gave these artifacts on the screen, but it's from time to time, what do I do?

the glitch video preview:
video 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kV-Tt2 ... sp=sharing
video 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15z-NGW ... sp=sharing
specs: gtx 750, 8 gb ram, fx 6300
it's happens only in factorio

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.80] weird texture bug

Post by Loewchen »

Post your log please, see 3638.

lostopkk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lostopkk »

Loewchen wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:23 am
Post your log please, see 3638.
lastest log:
factorio-current.log
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

lostopkk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lostopkk »

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, I REALLY WANT TO PLAY BUT THESE BUGS MAKE THE GAME UNPLAYABLE

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You can try running it on opengl, rolling back the graphics driver or other steps from 9300, but you seem to be the only person with this issue and on quite generic hardware so if this were a problem with the game and not your graphics card I'd expect torrents of similar reports.

lostopkk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lostopkk »

Loewchen wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:05 pm
You can try running it on opengl, rolling back the graphics driver or other steps from 9300, but you seem to be the only person with this issue and on quite generic hardware so if this were a problem with the game and not your graphics card I'd expect torrents of similar reports.
I went to look at the task manager, and I see that suddenly abruptly, the gpu is at 80-90% out of nowhere and starts giving these glitchs, and out of nowhere it goes back to 20% and is normal, with all settings in default

https://drive.google.com/file/d/126aibI ... sp=sharing

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Sounds like the graphics card is switching power states. Let gpu-z run in the background while running factorio until you see issues and check the graphs or post the gpu-z log.

lostopkk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lostopkk »

Loewchen wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:32 pm
Sounds like the graphics card is switching power states. Let gpu-z run in the background while running factorio until you see issues and check the graphs or post the gpu-z log.
that's right, suddenly it has 0 memory clock and 433 mhz, and when you change scenes it goes back to normal, the same thing happened with dying light just now when I went to play. i wanted to know i made some changes in regedit recently is that why this is happening with these games?
GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
(42.42 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

lostopkk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lostopkk »

Loewchen wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:32 pm
I solved it by myself, I set the power management option to adaptive, so when the video card thought everything was idle it kept using low consumption, now I set it to better performance and it's back to working normally, thanks to everyone for helping me!

Return to “Technical Help”