Version 0.17.39

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.39

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that hand crafting wouldn't respect the hide_from_flow_statistics property. (70655)
  • Fixed that modded GUI tables did not display borders that were set in their style.
  • Fixed the game would fail on startup if control settings were reset during migration of 0.16 config file. (70769)
  • Fixed that train stop "must be build next to rails" error was not using the name of the train stop. (70710)
  • Fixed that beam damage interval was sometimes not respected properly.
  • Fixed that beams would be immediately created and destroyed when standing very close to max range.
  • Fixed that beams would not show any animation if the target was killed in one hit. (67020)
  • Fixed that laser beams would always aim at player character's feet.
  • Fixed entity hit_visualization_box not working properly.
  • Fixed running out of memory during sprite loading was not handled gracefully. (70667)
  • Fixed a map corruption problem when creating games from scenarios that used difficulties per-entity. (69838)
  • Fixed that some Lua errors wouldn't show proper lua stack traces. (70653)
  • Fixed a crash related to reading pollution statistic values through Lua. (70801)
  • Fixed a crash resulting from building a blueprint of an assembler with a fluid recipe that is not researched yet. (70765)
  • Fixed that temporary blueprints (e.g. from the copy tool) would sometimes go to inventory instead of being destroyed. (70806)
  • Added fluid mixing check to infinity pipe. (70737)
  • Fixed that you could build rail ghosts in the basic rail tutorial. (69503)
  • Fixed special case of dragging station/condition order in the train configure GUI. (68544)
  • Fixed tightspot script error starting the round with flying text on the map. (70162)
Changes
  • Changed the mods GUI so it lists mod settings by mod alphabetically using natural ordering.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.39

Post by MasterBuilder »

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:49 pm
Changed the mods GUI so it lists mod settings by mod alphabetically using natural ordering.
Thanks. This makes it much easier to find settings, esp. when I don't know the name of what I'm looking for.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Antyradek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Antyradek »

Great job, guys.
Have you thought about adding "last used colours" or "favourite colours" to the engine and train stop?
I like to have colours of my engines match train stops and colours of my train stops define factory or mining site.

Because copying train stop settings copies also name and options, which is not always favourable.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Antyradek wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 pm
Because copying train stop settings copies also name and options, which is not always favourable.
If you want to copy colors only: copy Train -> Station, or Station -> Train. IIRC this copies color only.

That said, I'd still love some saved/favorite color section so I don't have to write down each one to setup all the colors again in a new save.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

XkyDiver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XkyDiver »

Or perhaps even associating the colors with the named station? So if I set up a station "Iron Ore Loading," and color it a particular way, then create another train stop and select that name from the list, it auto-populates with the same color?

christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by christian »

Anyone experiencing slower save times after this update? It's considerably and noticeably slower. I'm using bobs/angels mods.

NeilN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by NeilN »

With .38 I got occasional dips to 40/40 FPS/UPS but with this version I'm getting frequent and sustained dips to 30/30. Looking at the F5 output doesn't tell me anything. I'm running lots of mods - what's the best way of tracking down the culprits? Please don't say disabling them one by one.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

NeilN wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:02 am
With .38 I got occasional dips to 40/40 FPS/UPS but with this version I'm getting frequent and sustained dips to 30/30. Looking at the F5 output doesn't tell me anything. I'm running lots of mods - what's the best way of tracking down the culprits? Please don't say disabling them one by one.
Create a topic in the Technical Help subforum with a screenshot of your timings debug data, and maybe your logfile.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

A big thank you for sorting the mods alphabetically in the mod settings menus! It's much easier now to find a mod. :-)

That being said, there still is something that prevents alphabetic sorting for all mods. It seems like mods with an icon next to the name are listed after all other mods:
Mod settings menu showing mod with name + icon sorted after all other mods
Mod settings menu showing mod with name + icon sorted after all other mods
modsettings.png (110.05 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
The mod displayed here is Rocket-Silo Construction, and I can't figure out why its name is shown together with the icon. Anyway, among the many mods that I've installed, that's only one that isn't sorted correctly, and I can live with it. And the fact remains that the sorting is much more sane now than it was before!
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Pi-C wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:09 am
A big thank you for sorting the mods alphabetically in the mod settings menus! It's much easier now to find a mod. :-)

That being said, there still is something that prevents alphabetic sorting for all mods. It seems like mods with an icon next to the name are listed after all other mods:
Best if you put that into bug reports. I would by I am not sure how to move it correctly.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Dominik wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:43 pm
Best if you put that into bug reports.
Done! :-)
I would by I am not sure how to move it correctly.
I'm a global moderator myself, on another forum using phpBB. The admin set the language to German, so button labels and menu entries will differ from the ones used here. Anyway, in that other forum I can open a thread, go to "Moderation area", select the post I want to act upon by marking the checkbox next to it, and choose an action from the pull-down list. Among the options, there should be something like "Separate selected postings". Once you've done that, you should be able to move that posting to another forum. (It's a long time I've done stuff like that, and I didn't want to mess unnecessarily with the postings, so I couldn't test this recipe -- but that's how I would try it!)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Thanks, I have seen that option but did not want to break anything.

Return to “Releases”