Version 0.15.16

Information about releases and roadmap.

Version 0.15.16

Postby FactorioBot » Sat May 27, 2017 3:18 pm

Changes

  • Temporarily reverted GUI interaction changes (some GUI elements responding only to left mouse button, buttons clicked on mouse up instead of mouse down) introduced in 0.15.13 and 0.15.14.

Bugfixes

  • Fixed the "back" button wouldn't work in the save-game GUI. (48657)
  • Fixed the "cancel" button wouldn't work in the user-login GUI. (48677)
  • Fixed that the map editor item/inventory buttons didn't work. (48685)
  • Fixed beacons would "wobble" in blueprints. (48596)
  • Fixed crashes related to clicking different buttons.
  • As a one-time migration, enemy spawners will reset their absorbed pollution to zero when a save from a previous version of 0.15 is loaded. (48662) This is to avoid an extreme temporary spike in difficulty that would happen after loading a save with many spawners that were affected by a bug in the previous versions.
  • Fixed the market GUI didn't work. (48664)
  • Fixed crash when pollution reaches unreasonably far chunk. (48680)
  • Fixed power bars glitch in electric network statistics dialog. (48630)

Scripting

  • Fixed setting LuaGuiElement::elem_value would always expect the elem_type to be "item". (48610)


Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.
User avatar
FactorioBot
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby Kane » Sat May 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Booo now I can't talk with my other mouse buttons :P
Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby LennyNLD » Sat May 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Kane wrote:Booo now I can't talk with my other mouse buttons :P


middle mouse button ? lol

nice update btw guys keep up the good work !!
LennyNLD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby JohnDowson » Sat May 27, 2017 4:02 pm

LennyNLD wrote:middle mouse button ? lol

*cough* *cough*
User avatar
JohnDowson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:15 am

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby MrGrim » Sat May 27, 2017 10:25 pm

FactorioBot wrote: [*]As a one-time migration, enemy spawners will reset their absorbed pollution to zero when a save from a previous version of 0.15 is loaded. (48662) This is to avoid an extreme temporary spike in difficulty that would happen after loading a save with many spawners that were affected by a bug in the previous versions.


Holy crap, so that's what happened to me last night! My base was suddenly overrun, and I had absolutely no hope of fighting back the onslaught. After my iron supply was lost and 50% of my perimeter was gone, I felt like a damn loser for reverting to save scrumming, and even then I spent over 2 hours with some hand crafted laser turrets and my meager single personal robot port in my base modular armor running from wall location to wall location frantically moving turrets around and using my only 10 bots to repair as wave after wave hit my walls.

After 2 hours my factory spun down and pollution dropped, and I thought that was why it ended! I've been _terrified_ to spin my factory back up. I spent the night dreaming of how I can bolster my defenses without generating too much pollution while facing dwindling resources in my mining outposts.

And to think.. all along it was this bug! That's going to make tonights play session so much less stressful! :D Thanks! I did manage to survive it after save scrumming, but at least now my confidence in my defenses is restored!
User avatar
MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby Kane » Sat May 27, 2017 10:51 pm

LennyNLD wrote:
Kane wrote:Booo now I can't talk with my other mouse buttons :P


middle mouse button ? lol

nice update btw guys keep up the good work !!


Yeah for me it's a side button not as many at the picture above but yeah I was the one who reported this as I kept suffering it. Sadly they ran into more issues then they expected. Now I feel bad lol.
Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby Zombo » Sun May 28, 2017 10:53 am

I have a short question about 0.15.16. Can this be considered one of the more stable releases of 0.15 experimental? I still play on 0.15.12 because of the small hickups the other releases had.

  • 0.15.13 had the right-click problem
  • 0.15.14 had some crashes
  • 0.15.15 had the biter swarms

This is by no means a negative post. And I know 0.15 is experimental. That's why I sticked with 0.15.12 and read all the reports before updating. But I didn't read anything negative concerning 0.15.16. Just wanted to know what you think about it. Thank you.
Zombo
Inserter
Inserter
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby Kane » Sun May 28, 2017 11:55 am

Zombo wrote:I have a short question about 0.15.16. Can this be considered one of the more stable releases of 0.15 experimental? I still play on 0.15.12 because of the small hickups the other releases had.

  • 0.15.13 had the right-click problem
  • 0.15.14 had some crashes
  • 0.15.15 had the biter swarms

This is by no means a negative post. And I know 0.15 is experimental. That's why I sticked with 0.15.12 and read all the reports before updating. But I didn't read anything negative concerning 0.15.16. Just wanted to know what you think about it. Thank you.


Your so brave! Experimental is more for people who want to help test bugs and such. If you don't report them and participate in it then it's best to just stick with 0.14 that would be my thoughts :)
Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby Zombo » Sun May 28, 2017 12:24 pm

And that was exactly the answer I did expect. Thank you very much for your help.
Zombo
Inserter
Inserter
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby 0xE1 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Your so brave!


Bravery borders with Stupidity, and border is very thin. The difference between is in how informed one before taking action of bravery or stupidity xD
0xE1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:00 pm
Location: Munich

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby SeymoreGlass » Mon May 29, 2017 2:13 am

You mean my blueprints dancing mario 3 world map style was a bug and not a feature?!
SeymoreGlass
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby basementjack » Mon May 29, 2017 5:05 pm

It used to be that you could only see the location of trains if they were within the scan area of radar.
Did this change by design in one of the 15.x releases?

I'm able to see the location of trains everywhere now.
basementjack
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby searker » Mon May 29, 2017 6:45 pm

basementjack wrote:It used to be that you could only see the location of trains if they were within the scan area of radar.
Did this change by design in one of the 15.x releases?

I'm able to see the location of trains everywhere now.


It did - For the better i think. Since we have the train GUI, we were in theory already always able to see every train, so sparing us the hassle of finding a "lost" train via the gui and just showing us on the map is - imho - the right thing.
searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby Martinowitsch » Wed May 31, 2017 3:00 pm

Is it only at my game where this new filter option for liquids is missing?

I wanted to optimize my train setups and i coudn't find oil as item.
Martinowitsch
Inserter
Inserter
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Saxony

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby mowfax » Wed May 31, 2017 5:51 pm

Martinowitsch wrote:Is it only at my game where this new filter option for liquids is missing?

I wanted to optimize my train setups and i coudn't find oil as item.


What liquid filter option? Do you mean in the pumps or in the fluid wagon or what am I missing? I'm a little bit puzzled...
mowfax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:36 am

Re: Version 0.15.16

Postby Martinowitsch » Wed May 31, 2017 7:37 pm

At the train stop there is an option for liquids like Water Oil and so on, but in the train options freight there is this filter option missing.
Martinowitsch
Inserter
Inserter
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Saxony


Return to Releases

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arakasi, HammerPiano, Lobo83, MrTofu, spinba11, stinkybojan and 31 guests