Search found 27 matches

by 150d
Sun Aug 23, 2026 6:03 pm
Forum: Wiki Talk
Topic: history pages
Replies: 3
Views: 669

Re: history pages

Thanks for the hint. I've just requested an account; waiting for the manual approval is no issue. I was just afraid those old pages would be gone entirely. Very happy to hear that they're not.
by 150d
Sun Aug 23, 2026 4:56 pm
Forum: Wiki Talk
Topic: history pages
Replies: 3
Views: 669

history pages

Hi,

I just noticed today that I can't access the "View History" pages on the Wiki any more. Instead of the page, there just is a access denied/login prompt.

Since I'm still playing on Factorio v1.1.110 these pages are important to me. Is there another way to get access to those old page versions ...
by 150d
Mon Nov 04, 2024 9:26 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: v2 woes
Replies: 11
Views: 3940

Re: v2 woes

I couldn't agree more. Their attention to detail keeps impressing me over and over again.
by 150d
Sun Nov 03, 2024 6:00 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: v2 woes
Replies: 11
Views: 3940

Re: v2 woes

Excellent!

I found that the distribution packet even contains a toggle for this: In config-path.cfg there is a setting

use-system-read-write-data-directories=false

... which, according to the comments, is set to TRUE in the installer and to FALSE in the ZIP version by default.

Beautiful; this is ...
by 150d
Sat Nov 02, 2024 10:03 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: v2 woes
Replies: 11
Views: 3940

Re: v2 woes

Am I correct in assuming you're running Windows?
Yes, that's right.
by 150d
Sat Nov 02, 2024 10:03 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: v2 woes
Replies: 11
Views: 3940

Re: v2 woes

Honestly, I don't even know if anything else has changed - over my 120 hours of digging Navius 2.0 I didn't noticed any other changes as dramatic.
What specifically you would like to revert?
It's just - all wrong: The color is too orange (yes, even with working the "saturation" slider in graphic ...
by 150d
Fri Nov 01, 2024 4:06 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: v2 woes
Replies: 11
Views: 3940

v2 woes

I have a problem:

I did the upgrade to v2 when offered in-game. But the new version doesn't really work for me: I don't like the new graphics, some of my mods don't work as I'm used to, and some of the modified UI logic is just not for me.

This is not a criticism, it's just me not being that fond ...
by 150d
Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:49 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Space Age general Questions
Replies: 164
Views: 107213

Re: purchase from website

Excellent. Thanks for the info.
by 150d
Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:41 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Space Age general Questions
Replies: 164
Views: 107213

purchase from website

Hi,

I'm a long time Factorio player and intend to buy the new expansion as soon as it is available. Will the key be offered directly on the website again as it is with the v1 key? I don't use Steam.

Regards
by 150d
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:28 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Fluid System - multiples
Replies: 13
Views: 9849

Re: Fluid System - multiples

edit:

Yeehaa, I think I've got it. I read your earlier comments again really carefully, then came up with this:

factorio_pipe_5to4_morepumps.jpg
factorio_pipe_5to4_morepumps.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 9320 times

... an additional pump after joining two feed lines. And this seems to work as intended!


Thanks for the tips!


Regards
by 150d
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:18 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Fluid System - multiples
Replies: 13
Views: 9849

Re: Fluid System - multiples

I just can't figure this out.

I need four pipelines supplying 1237/s each.
An offshore pump supplies 1200/s, so I need five pumps for the four lines.

This is what I tried:

factorio_pipe_5to4.jpg


1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are pipes from the offshore pumps.
A, B, C, D lead off to consumers.

The five ...
by 150d
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:43 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Fluid System - multiples
Replies: 13
Views: 9849

Re: Fluid System - multiples

Example:

Look at the two pumps at the top. They are supposed to fill the tank array beneath them. (Please ignore the rest.)

The tank contents (top row) are from left to right:
21k - 20k - 20k - 21k - 20k

The pipeline (coming down from above) leading to the left pump is "95 of 100" full (looking ...
by 150d
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:11 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Fluid System - multiples
Replies: 13
Views: 9849

Re: Fluid System - multiples

So how do you build a "tank farm" to store large amounts of liquids? If I connect e.g. 9 tanks together, they never "even out" between them, regardless how long I wait: The tank furthest from the feed line may be empty, even though the "first" tank in line may be half full.

I've tried to help even ...
by 150d
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:52 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Fluid System - multiples
Replies: 13
Views: 9849

Fluid System - multiples

Hi,

even after 250+ hours in the game I still don't understand the fluid system.


This works as I would expect:

tank -> pump -> pipes -> pump -> tank


But what about this:

tank -> pump -> pipes -> pump -> two-tanks

Here, the two tanks never fill completly. The line will just stop pumping as ...
by 150d
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:25 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: Close inventory by tab
Replies: 4
Views: 2984

Re: Close inventory by tab

Found it! It's called "confirm", standard key is "E".

... much better, thanks!

Regards
by 150d
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:23 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: Close inventory by tab
Replies: 4
Views: 2984

Re: Close inventory by tab

Are you sure?

I can find "open character screen" in this dialog, but not "close character screen".

Regards
by 150d
Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:26 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: Close inventory by tab
Replies: 4
Views: 2984

Close inventory by tab

Hello,

in v1.0.0 the player's inventory was opened with the TAB key and it closed when TAB was pressed again.

In v1.1.19 this doesn't work any more: The menu opens with TAB, but it only closes with ESC, not with TAB.

Can this be reset so that it works as before?

REgards
by 150d
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:37 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: deconstruction planner in inventory
Replies: 4
Views: 7462

Re: deconstruction planner in inventory

Thanks!

Regards
by 150d
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:55 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: deconstruction planner in inventory
Replies: 4
Views: 7462

deconstruction planner in inventory

Hi,

somhow a "deconstruction planner" icon appeared in my player inventory. I can even push it to a storage box, but I can't remove it completly.

What exactly is this icon, how did it get created and how can I get rid of it?

Regards
by 150d
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:05 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: logistic: push to storage
Replies: 9
Views: 5942

Re: logistic: push to storage

I see; thanks for the pointers. I should have known that with Factorio there is no such thing as "just take the next one", but that there is a full-fledged algorithm behind it. Of course there is! :-)

Though in practice, I find it difficult to handle. For example, you can't just put one item into ...

Go to advanced search