Search found 588 matches
- Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:00 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: SE vs SA?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 356
SE vs SA?
Space Exploration came first. Space Age came officially from Wube. Both are amazing expansion packs. Which one do you prefer? Why? Do you play either or both with any other overhaul mods?
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:59 pm
- Forum: Off topic
- Topic: Factorio Tatoo, want some reference art.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 547
Re: Factorio Tatoo, want some reference art.
All of the Factorio art is available as simple .PNG files in your local install. If you want Space Age specific stuff, you'll find it in /[your factorio install]/data/space-age/graphics/
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:26 pm
- Forum: News
- Topic: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
- Replies: 45
- Views: 8877
Re: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
All of this wasted, useless plastic makes me sad.
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:49 am
- Forum: Off topic
- Topic: Question about saves(it's not about the technical part)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 628
Re: Question about saves(it's not about the technical part)
I don't help thieves.
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:22 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Quality levels completely break factory
- Replies: 152
- Views: 13843
Re: Quality levels completely break factory
"Generally, we are happy with the game design of Factorio and Space age. The progression is good, things are mostly well balanced (one or two exceptions), and there isn't anything we feel is majorly missing." FFF #440
This statement is a borderline lie. I find it very difficult to believe that ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 3:35 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Factorio gameplay critique
- Replies: 15
- Views: 1931
Re: Factorio gameplay critique
When you learn about the ratios and start making designs with the right amount of elements, with enough throughput, then a lot of the issues of the factory that ills new players are gone or are severely reduced. Like belts backing up, insufficient belt contents, etc.
There are many ways to play ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 7:38 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Quality levels completely break factory
- Replies: 152
- Views: 13843
Re: Quality levels completely break factory
From the perspective of "gambling", if my goal is to teach gambling. I want to teach the subject. I don't want to teach a particular game.
Then you get quality modules, and if you use them, the likelihood that you DON'T jam your factory and make a mess is extremely low. And unlike oil ...
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 11:07 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Quality levels completely break factory
- Replies: 152
- Views: 13843
Re: Quality levels completely break factory
But the game wasn't live . The era you're referring to was just beta testing. Major design reworking is fine when you're still putting the thing together. But once you go live, once you have a proper release, you can't just go break everyone's base on a whim.
Nobody's base was broken ...
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 3:15 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Quality levels completely break factory
- Replies: 152
- Views: 13843
Re: Quality levels completely break factory
In the original game, major systems were changed over time. The way science was made changed - no more collection of alien stuff when killing bases and different recipes. Things were tweaked. Factories broke and needed to be redesigned. And this made the game better.
But the game wasn't ...
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:46 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Quality levels completely break factory
- Replies: 152
- Views: 13843
Re: Quality levels completely break factory
In the original game, major systems were changed over time. The way science was made changed - no more collection of alien stuff when killing bases and different recipes. Things were tweaked. Factories broke and needed to be redesigned. And this made the game better.
But the game wasn't live ...
- Sat Sep 12, 2026 7:32 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: [SE/K2] fertilizer/nutrient gel?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 496
Re: [SE/K2] fertilizer/nutrient gel?
Apparently methane gas is the important piece that I was missing in this production chain! I was using the other recipe for refining vitamelange, and for some reason, I didn't think that it made that much of a difference. Well, it does. And I should have realized that earlier because methane gas is ...
- Wed Sep 09, 2026 9:31 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: [SE/K2] fertilizer/nutrient gel?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 496
[SE/K2] fertilizer/nutrient gel?
As per the subject, I'm playing Space Exploration + Krastorio 2. I can't seem to figure out how to process vitamelange without running out of fertilizer (and fertilizer requires vitamelange). Without describing the whole production cycle, is there something not obvious that I should be doing to make ...
- Wed Sep 02, 2026 1:24 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Opening the source?
- Replies: 45
- Views: 55065
Re: Opening the source?
One the main benefits to open source is to allow a community of people to maintain and improve the codebase. In this situation, Factorio is largely a finished product that works incredibly well and has an incredibly small number of remaining bugs that Wube seems to tackle quickly. I don't see the ...
- Tue Sep 01, 2026 10:15 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Transport belts unbalanced
- Replies: 4
- Views: 811
Re: Transport belts unbalanced
I am getting better at the game, even diving into circuits, although sometimes I not even sure why they do/don't work :lol:
But the point is, I notice my train station belts and others getting "unbalanced", and it seems the way inserters grab from far side of belt, and splitters have internal ...
- Tue Sep 01, 2026 10:13 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Quality levels completely break factory
- Replies: 152
- Views: 13843
Re: Quality levels completely break factory
It's fun for those of us who want more Factorio challenges. I love that quality makes me have to re-think my whole factory again. It's like getting yet another new version of Factorio.
- Mon Aug 31, 2026 8:22 pm
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Transport belts unbalanced
- Replies: 4
- Views: 811
Re: Transport belts unbalanced
What exactly do you mean by "unbalanced"? And what do you mean by "efficient"?
- Sun Aug 23, 2026 9:24 am
- Forum: Off topic
- Topic: [F.3.3] Quantum Survival
- Replies: 68
- Views: 13830
Re: [F.03.03] Quantum Survival
This is one of the most bizarre threads I've ever come across. I have no idea what any of this is about. None of this makes any sense, whatsoever.
- Tue Aug 04, 2026 8:55 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Optimum hardware for 2.x?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 719
Optimum hardware for 2.x?
My current game is starting to get really slow on my current computer, so it's time to upgrade. The last time I put together a computer a few years ago, the advice was:
- get the CPU with the most amount of L2 cache available
- # of cores doesn't matter because Factorio uses only one CPU at a time ...
- get the CPU with the most amount of L2 cache available
- # of cores doesn't matter because Factorio uses only one CPU at a time ...
- Fri Jul 24, 2026 9:15 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: [2.1] I fixed batched space logistics with circuitry. I wish I didn't have to.
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2833
Re: [2.1] I fixed batched space logistics with circuitry. I wish I didn't have to.
Come on in, the water is fine! (I agree completely... Space Exploration is almost simpler at this point.)robot256 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2026 8:55 pm But I should not speculate any more until I actually play with the new system. It sounds so janky I would rather go back to Space Exploration rockets and docking spaceships.
- Tue Jul 14, 2026 3:25 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Biter expansion changes and it's implications
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2909
Re: Biter expansion changes and it's implications
I'm in the middle of a 2.0 game right now, so I haven't tried 2.1, but if it's true that the biters are more of a challenge, that's great! I think they're waaaay too easy in 2.0.