Search found 234 matches

by mooklepticon
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:54 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #250 - Dead end conclusion
Replies: 142
Views: 11237

Re: Friday Facts #250 - Dead end conclusion

Have y'all seen this reddit thread on blueprint menu? I prefer it to blueprints as items. Why are they items, at all? I understand why they were items previously, but I think they can be abstracted, now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... blueprint/
by mooklepticon
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:42 am
Forum: 1 / 0 magic
Topic: Most chunks blacked out in map.
Replies: 3
Views: 449

Re: Most chunks blacked out in map.

Rseding91 wrote:Can you reproduce it?
No, sadly. I reloaded several times from the original save, it's fixed every time. Played some, saved and loaded and it's fixed.

Now that I think about it, this isn't the first time it's happened, either. About 2 months ago, this happened and I just saved/loaded.
by mooklepticon
Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:43 am
Forum: 1 / 0 magic
Topic: Most chunks blacked out in map.
Replies: 3
Views: 449

Most chunks blacked out in map.

This was a fun one. Loaded my game and got the below stuff. Mod list attached. Can zip if needed.
2017-01-07_20-41-09.png
2017-01-07_20-41-09.png (175.37 KiB) Viewed 449 times
by mooklepticon
Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:35 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Too much petroleum gas
Replies: 22
Views: 4722

Re: Too much petroleum gas

SpaceMuffins wrote:it would be a lot easier if i could use mods but i can't so i guess im shit outa luck
Why not?
by mooklepticon
Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:30 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Too much petroleum gas
Replies: 22
Views: 4722

Re: Too much petroleum gas

It's really a context-sensitive problem.

As Rockstar said, are you using regular or advanced oil processing? Are you cracking everything as fast as you can make it or only when you need it? (I'm guessing it's both.)

I've never had too much petroleum. I've always needed more.
by mooklepticon
Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:14 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.13] Afraid of the dark - lights, lamps & vision.
Replies: 54
Views: 29420

Re: [MOD 0.13] Afraid of the dark - lights, lamps & vision.

Edit: Found the culprit: ArumbaLights doesn't like Afraid of the dark... Yes, they probably modify the same variable, making some weird results... :-) I also get this huge blue aura when using both Afraid of the Dark and Even More Light. I like Even More Light because it makes driving trains better...
by mooklepticon
Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:15 pm
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: Question about Angel's and Bob's
Replies: 3
Views: 717

Re: Question about Angel's and Bob's

Nat's Hollow wrote:PS I asked this in the discussion area of the mod portal, but I don't know how much traffic that receives (I'll delete that one if I have to).
It's better to ask here. The Mod Portal doesn't do notifications.

I can't speak to your actual question.
by mooklepticon
Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:57 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: I feel Railgun turrets would improve gameplay
Replies: 4
Views: 619

Re: I feel Railgun turrets would improve gameplay

I like all your logic and stuff, but the REAL reason we need railguns is because they're freaking AWESOME.
by mooklepticon
Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:45 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Explosions? Like for reals
Replies: 4
Views: 388

Re: Explosions? Like for reals

Like this?

Factorio, Directed by Michael Bay - Factorio Mods https://mods.factorio.com/mods/madmaste ... hael%20Bay
by mooklepticon
Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:05 pm
Forum: Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures
Topic: I have sent over 50,000 satellites.
Replies: 37
Views: 13395

Re: [0.14] Over 1000 rockets fired.

Wow. This is amazing.
by mooklepticon
Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:12 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: I want to make suggestions, but I got links to mods!! :(
Replies: 15
Views: 9786

Re: I want to make suggestions, but I got links to mods!! :(

<NO_NAME> wrote:Version 0.13 creates a completely new problem with mods: lack of achievements.
Specifically, Steam achievements. You get Factorio achievements, still.
by mooklepticon
Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:05 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: some kind of mod manager
Replies: 3
Views: 414

Re: some kind of mod manager

+1

That would be awesome.

There's a short term work-around where you make multiple mod folders. See here: viewtopic.php?p=187147
by mooklepticon
Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:46 am
Forum: Angels Mods
Topic: Bugs & FAQ
Replies: 2051
Views: 197532

Re: Bugs & FAQ

I think that once I got Bio Processing 2, the game won't craft logs into wood. I'm playing Bob's + Angels and I USED to be able to craft small electric poles but I can't now, after Bio Processing 2. Factorio doesn't realize I can make wood from logs, too, not just paste and fiber. wood and small ele...
by mooklepticon
Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:40 pm
Forum: Balancing
Topic: Concrete Recipe
Replies: 11
Views: 1741

Re: Concrete Recipe

Under this restriction current materials and processes are not very bad choice. ... Iron ore works well as special stone. ... Iron sticks (for example 2 or 3 pieces per manufacturing cycle) would fit very well to act as a reinforcement. I disagree that the current materials are not a bad choice. No...
by mooklepticon
Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:35 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.14+] Always Show Recipe Products v0.1.2
Replies: 19
Views: 5714

Re: [MOD 0.14+] Always Show Recipe Products

Thank you for this!
by mooklepticon
Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:56 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Price
Replies: 9
Views: 1923

Re: Price

leroderick wrote: so are there a way to donate the difference ? , i would love to support the further development of your title.

Buy more copies and give them away. Plenty of people want to play but can't for whatever reason.
by mooklepticon
Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:51 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Items per second in tooltip?
Replies: 4
Views: 762

Re: Items per second in tooltip?

Items per second on what? Belts? Trains? Assemblies? Altogether? Example: Assembler A makes 3 items in a recipe that takes 2 seconds and a crafting speed of 1.25. 3/2/1.25=1.2 items per second. It feeds Assembler B that takes 1 of those items in a recipe that takes 3 seconds and a crafting speed of...
by mooklepticon
Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Forum: Not a bug
Topic: [0.13.8] Circular Belt gets stuck when getting filled.
Replies: 10
Views: 2598

Re: [0.13.8] Circular Belt gets stuck when getting filled.

I use loops to do early sorting with mixed outputs, like Angel's ores, and they do need to keep moving. The alternatives I've found are adding to the loop via splitter or inserter.
by mooklepticon
Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:24 pm
Forum: Show your Creations
Topic: No long inserter assembly
Replies: 2
Views: 879

Re: No long inserter assembly

You might be able to get rid of them in the bot frame construction by liberal use of underground pipes. See below. AAA>AAA P AAAUAAA.......UP AAA AAA P A = assembler > = inserter pointing right U = underground pipe P = regular pipe Alternatively, you could do inserter->blank space->inserter, but, re...
by mooklepticon
Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:07 pm
Forum: Fan Art
Topic: The Automated Factory song (thanks to Gilbert & Sullivan)
Replies: 20
Views: 8093

Re: The Automated Factory song (thanks to Gilbert & Sullivan)

Some of my favorite versions.

ReBoot - Season Three Opera https://youtu.be/V--_1hUvkh8

Animaniacs - I am the very model of a Cartoon Individual https://youtu.be/P1Zy6UcA8GA

Go to advanced search