[1.1.35] Shortcuts Change/Reset not confirmed

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
IcePirate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.35] Shortcuts Change/Reset not confirmed

Post by IcePirate »

Factorio [1.1.35] (build 58756, win64, Steam); Windows 10 21H1 (x64),
While playing a game, I went into GAME MENU | SETTINGS | CONTROLS and accidentally hit the red "Reset" button (reverting 43 custom shortcuts), and immediately hit ESC (Escape) key (I thought I was in the search box.) The changes were not confirmed; rather they were immediately accepted. This file was immediately modified: %appdata%\Factorio\config\config.ini

Luckily I had a backup. I believe this is a bug.

As a test, from the MAIN MENU (no game loaded), I went to SETTINGS | CONTROLS and purposely hit the red "Reset" button and immediately hit ESC (Escape) key. This time a CONFIRMATION dialog box appeared; I was able to "Discard changes". This should also happen in-game.
Thanks!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.35] Shortcuts Change/Reset not confirmed

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
I can't reproduce the issue. I load a save, hit ESC, go to Settings -> Controls, click on Reset button, press ESC and confirmation dialog asking about discarding changes pops up for me. I even tried to bind Esc to "Confirm window" and "Confirm message" control options, just in case, but I still was not able to reproduce it.

IcePirate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.35] Shortcuts Change/Reset not confirmed

Post by IcePirate »

And, of course, today I cannot reproduce it. But it did happen... :o
I've attached the config.ini that resulted from the "bug". I cannot see anything helpful, but maybe you can.
Anyway...
Attachments
config.ini
(31.11 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Return to “Pending”