What does "Removed blueprint: map version too old" mean?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

What does "Removed blueprint: map version too old" mean?

Post by eradicator »

What has happend:

I just upgraded my non-dev installation from 1.0.0 to 1.1.32 and noticed that when I load *any* savegame I get a migration dialogue telling me that a bunch of blueprints were removed. Looking at the names it looks like all of them contained entities from mods that I don't currently use.
removedblueprint.png
removedblueprint.png (52.09 KiB) Viewed 835 times

The weird thing is that a) I can still see them in the library as a bunch of named but empty blueprints, and b) I get that dialogue *every time* I load a not-yet-migrated savegame.
emptyblueprint.png
emptyblueprint.png (165.3 KiB) Viewed 835 times

What do I do now?

Does this mean that blueprints are only migrated to a new version while the appropriate mods are installed? I always assumed that all blueprints are always migrated. Doesn't make much sense to me that they can't at least get their internal version number bumped instead of being forcefully deleted.

I managed to rescue one of the blueprints that had only a single modded entity amongst thousands of vanilla buildings by loading it in a seperate 1.0.0 installation, exporting it to string and then importing it into 1.1.32. But tracking down every affected blueprint and manually ex/import it is too much of a hazzle. Is there no automatic way to do this? Preferably one that doesn't require tracking down all the mods possibly involved.

Also the migration warning continues to show even for the one blueprint that I "rescued" by ex/import, and as you can see in the picture the warning also lists the same blueprint twice sometimes. Do I have to be worried about my "rescued" being deleted because it has the same name or something?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

asheiduk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: What does "Removed blueprint: map version too old" mean?

Post by asheiduk »

eradicator wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:37 pm
I managed to rescue one of the blueprints that had only a single modded entity amongst thousands of vanilla buildings by loading it in a seperate 1.0.0 installation, exporting it to string and then importing it into 1.1.32. But tracking down every affected blueprint and manually ex/import it is too much of a hazzle. Is there no automatic way to do this? Preferably one that doesn't require tracking down all the mods possibly involved.
My tool Factorio Blueprint Decoder might be of some help: It takes a blueprint-storage.dat and outputs a JSON containing a blueprint book with all the blueprints and books from the file. The JSON can be converted into a standard export/import string. There is no need to hunt down the old plugins.

There is one downside: The tools works only if the individual blueprint is stored in v1.0.0 or later format. That's bad in your case because your screenshot shows versions like "0.17.75". :sad:

Return to “Technical Help”