Burner mining drill "Waiting for space in destination"

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
trustmeimanengineer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Burner mining drill "Waiting for space in destination"

Post by trustmeimanengineer »

Hello everyone,

so yeah, this is the first time playing to me so please forgive me if I am just being stupid.

So I've set up multiple Burner mining drills to drill coal,stone and iron. I have connected them with transport belts so they can be refuelled automatically. Now I have got the issue that no driller is mining anything and it shows the error "Waiting for space in destination". May someone help me please?

Here is a picture of my "base":

https://ibb.co/KwchGcp

I'd be happy if anybody could help me.

Thank you

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Burner mining drill "Waiting for space in destination"

Post by Loewchen »

Drills don't need an inserter for output, they throw it out at the snout directly on a belt, press ALT to see the dropout point.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Burner mining drill "Waiting for space in destination"

Post by Serenity »

They can also mine directly into furnaces. And coal miners can mean into each other. So you can chain them in a loop. Like here:
https://www.yekbot.com/factorio-simple- ... -and-tips/

You can do what you're doing there and it's interesting, but most people add fuel and take out the products manually. And then go to electric drills as soon as possible. Basically you put down some miners doing coal. Then you put in several mining iron into furnaces and one or two for copper. Then you just run between the ore fields, collecting coal, putting it everywhere and collect the iron and copper plates to craft other things

Return to “Gameplay Help”