Why is my requester acting like a supplier?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Phantom329
Inserter
Inserter

Why is my requester acting like a supplier?

Post by Phantom329 »

I have two stations that request chlorine gas. #1 is requesting chlorine but LTN schedules #2 as the supplier instead of from the actual chlorine supply. The supply currently has 200k chlorine, #1 has 100k, #2 has 530k.

Metals - Chlorine:
Min train length >= 3
Max train length <=3
Limit trains = 1
Encoded pos. fluid wagon = 6
Request threshold = 50k
Chlorine = -250k

Chlorine Supply:
Min train length >= 3
Max train length <=3
Limit trains = 2
Encoded pos. fluid wagon = 6
Supply threshold = 50k

Phantom329
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Why is my requester acting like a supplier?

Post by Phantom329 »

Ok now it is looping from #2 to #2 and there is only one station with the name `LTN - Metals 2 - Chlorine`. It shouldn't even be requesting since it has 530k already...

khalismur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by khalismur »

Phantom329
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phantom329 »

Why did you post that? How can I stop a requester from supplying?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Phantom329 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:37 pm
you should probably just avoid LTN and use the new 1.1 train limits feature, it's far simpler.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Phantom329 wrote:
Your requester got positive despite of the negative request amount. Something is wrong. You could try a huge provide threshold on the requester station to prevent it from providing, but this doesn't solve the deeper problem.
The link is the manual with useful info and a save with example stations.

khalismur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by khalismur »

Phantom329 wrote:
I've been using LTN for years. With vanilla, bobs+angels, krastorio, IR, etc. Always used the manual, that picture and based some of my station designs on the Thread about stations. Never had that issue. I linked that because you miss-configured something in your combinator. Check provider and requester threshold on both stations. Read the manual, the mod is quite simple and easy to use once you understand some basics.

wesg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wesg »

@Phantom329

I fired up a Krastorio2 + LTN game after a week and applied only a K2 update and I'm experiencing the same problem.

I even deleted the station and rebuilt it from scratch wondering if there was a odd signal getting into it.

My case is with fluids, as well. I reduced it down to one tank with a requester signal and it still was selected as a provider station.

The suggestion of setting a really high number for the provider threshold prevented that.

I'd also like to understand why it's doing this because I've been using LTN for months and enjoy using it, but maybe I just have my numbers off.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Any station where there is a positive number of something that's higher than the provider threshold for that station is a provider. If you haven't set a provider threshold for that station, it will use the default from the mod config, which last time I looked was 1000.

So, if your station that's supposed to be a requester is wired up to the chlorine tanks, plus a constant combinator set to -250K chlorine, then any time there is at least 251K chlorine present at that station, it will become a provider for chlorine: the -250k gets added to the actual amount in the tanks.

There's a number of ways to avoid this. The simplest thing to do is set a very large default provider and requester threshold in the mod config, and then set specific provider/requester thresholds at every station.

Or, you can set the request amount to the actual maximum that station can possibly hold (the total capacity of all the tanks or chests wired up), so that it's never possible for the number to go positive.

Or, you can use a combinator to filter out positive signals, though this likely involves more complex wiring to separate the request amount signals from the other configuration signals.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”