Multiplayer Connection Download Speed

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
piratejoN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiplayer Connection Download Speed

Post by piratejoN »

I recently picked this game up and while I enjoy it in single player, I really enjoy working on a factory together with my friends. Through steam, however, for some reason the game chokes my download speed of other player's maps to <5kbps while downloading their map, and does the same for them when I host the server. We are connection to each other through steam so I thought it would be working properly, but every single time that I try to join one of my friends or they try to join me the download takes over 15 minutes due to the terrible speeds. I am wondering how to fix this, I've been searching through other forum posts and steam forum posts for an answer but I have yet to find a concise answer as to why the game's download speed when connection to another player's factory is choked so hard on all of our ends, not just mine.

Return to “Technical Help”