[1.0.0] Factorio's first ever crash

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Lente Ui
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.0.0] Factorio's first ever crash

Post by Lente Ui »

I just made an account here to report the very first time Factorio has crashed on me. I've been playing off and on since 0.15 I think, Factorio has never crashed on me before.
I've attached the .log file.

At the moment of the crash I was lining up a blueprint (advanced circuits, 216 machines). It wasn't at the moment of the creation of the blueprint (CTRL-V), I was lining it up, so a few seconds after. This probably means that the crash has little to do with having that blueprint out.

Not running any mods.

Other stuff open at the time:
- Steam in systray
- Chrome browser, 2 tabs, on a 2nd screen.
- VLC player
- nVidia thing in the systray
- Dropbox (not showing in systray, but it's listed by taskmanager)
- Whatever Windows 10 is doing in the background
- Otherwise an empty systray, I try to keep a reasonably clean system.

I must note that my current system (new last Feb) isn't as stable as my old system. I get occasional crashes, usually when browsing Reddit. When that happens usually the browser tab crashes, but on rare occasions I get a full on bluescreen with an attempt to write to ROM (really weird). It's probably something that doesn't mesh between chrome and my system. Opera does it too (also on chromium I believe?). Never had this on windows 7 Pro and my old hardware. Taskmanager does list the Google Crash Handler, meaning I've had a chrome tab crash on me before I started playing Factorio. So I suppose there is a chance that Factorio crashing was caused by outside factors, given that not everything is running perfectly stable.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(10.36 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Factorio's first ever crash

Post by valneq »

If you have occasional crashes in unrelated software, maybe your RAM is faulty. You could try checking via https://www.memtest.org/

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Factorio's first ever crash

Post by Rseding91 »

valneq wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:02 pm
If you have occasional crashes in unrelated software, maybe your RAM is faulty. You could try checking via https://www.memtest.org/
It could also be the Ryzen CPU issue; or an unstable overclock.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”