Remove "gained" achievement?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
hashier
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Remove "gained" achievement?

Post by hashier »

Hej,

I wanted to try something out with trains and installed the "Creative Mode" mod (and enabled cheats) to get trains instantly to try some things out with signals. Now I received the achievement of "build a train in the first 90 minutes". I thought if I enable cheats achievements get disabled but apparently they don't \:

1. Can I somehow remove that achievement?
2. Why didn't the achievements get disabled when cheats where enabled? I read before, that achievements get disabled just by using any /c command, is that old news? Is that not true? Or is that still true, but enabling cheats via "Creative Mode" don't disable achievements?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Remove "gained" achievement?

Post by mrvn »

Cheat commands you enter in the chat disable the achievements. Mods do not. Otherwise basically every single mod out there would disable achievements.

But there is a separate list for achievements for vanilla and modded games. So if you remove creative mod (and have no others installed) the train achievement goes away too, since you never got it in a vanilla only game.

Other than that you can always edit/delete the achievement files in the factorio directory.

hashier
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Remove "gained" achievement?

Post by hashier »

Ah good point. I only play with mods normally so I don't have that separation.

Another thing though is, that the achievement even mode it onto steam, I thought steam only shows vanilla achievements?

Is there a way to see if achievements are disabled because of /c ? So next time I can be certain I disabled achievements.

Return to “Gameplay Help”