[0.18.30] "Materials missing" alert sometimes wrongly disappears completely

Bugs that are actually features.
derpumu
Inserter
Inserter

[0.18.30] "Materials missing" alert sometimes wrongly disappears completely

Post by derpumu »

I have a situation where I first put down a couple of roboports and then a blueprint that adds mainly substations and ~22k belts, 2k underground, and a couple hundred other entities. I unload items from trains into storage chests to make them available in the network, but of course there will be thousands of missing materials in the beginning. However, sometimes the "601 materials missing" alert completely disappears although there are no items in the chests, 1k constructions robots available in the network, and ghosts with missing materials clearly inside the roboport range. The roboports are powered, this is the only network with construction going on, there is no alert neither for missing bots nor missing materials for quite some time. When a train drops items into the storage chests, the robots pick them up after a few seconds, and the "601 missing material" alerts reappear.

Seen a few times in version 0.18.30 and earlier, win64 steam build.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.18.30] "Materials missing" alert sometimes wrongly disappears completely

Post by Loewchen »

Post a minimalist save that show the issue please.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working correctly. The alerts last for 600 ticks. The game generates 1 of those alerts per tick if it fails to find a robot and item to build something. When it does find them it won't generate alerts because it's finding robots and items.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

derpumu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by derpumu »

Define "minimalist save" please? This happens in a megabase (save file is 95mb), sporadically. I have yet to see if this is reproducible after saving and reloading the game in such a situation. I'll save a copy when I encounter it next time.

derpumu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by derpumu »

@Rseding so it should have alerts if there are no items available, right? Robots are there, items are not. No alerts shown, at all, for more than 600 ticks.

Return to “Not a bug”