Expand Supply Challenge

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mknoll1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Expand Supply Challenge

Post by mknoll1 »

I don't think I am alone in not being that into the biters and usually just turn them off. However, this really unbalances the game play because all sense of urgency and production needs is eliminated. I recently tried the "Supply Challenge" scenario and found that it really added back in everything that I had removed with the biters. However, I was disappointed to find out that the scenario only goes to level 21 and has a fixed map size. I think that expanding this scenario to randomly generated maps (and even supply requests) would make for a really compelling game mode. It would introduce some urgency while keeping the randomized sandbox nature of the game intact.

I also would suggest that in this mode there is a secondary auto save that occurs when the round advances. It would have a separate naming convention of something like "autosave_round_3" and would happen at the end of each round. This is a natural place for players to want to reload from to see if the can improve their performance on a given round. 5 minutes makes sense on a normal map, but in this game when the round advances seems more natural.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Expand Supply Challenge

Post by ssilk »

Your second suggestion would allow mods to create new save games without limits. I recommend to change that to “_autosave_MODNAME_NUMBER”, while modname is the name of the mod and number is dependent on the number of autosave-games (default 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3...).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”