I think, I should be not to play this game due Factorio MP issue and UPS issue

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
nicefaturan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I think, I should be not to play this game due Factorio MP issue and UPS issue

Post by nicefaturan »

Have you experience in MP when you driving the tank or train, you want moving but your vehicle are out the control? then you crashed a player? or you keep forward then backward want be stay on that position just because lag? or you crashed assembly machine or walls?

Have you experience in MP when you are firing, but you are late to fire?

Have you experience in MP when you want hand craft something or put something or put something to chest, but you see a sec later then game respond you want?

Have you experience in MP when you interface some Mod GUI, but you got lag?

Have you experience in MP when you got some random awful desync by mods then this game tell you to submit the report to forum instead? Why not just keep desync state and playing on server? until server help you resync again or with /sync command like Mindustry did?

Have you experience in MP when you joined a server, got the map, then next you desync, server let you save the map, tell you report this to the forum or blahblah?

Have you experience in MP somehow every time you have to download 100+MB map from server again and again?

Have you experience in MP your network somehow is fine but you always got 254 latency until you are using some VPN and or advanced tool has "Forward Error Correction" to help you stabilize the latency at ~34 or ~48 ticks latency?

Have you experience in MP about UPS is important, people decided using UPS efficient design on the server to decide your play style?

Have you experience in MP when you are currently downloading the map at some 100~800kb/s but the client tell you the server are "no responding" then client disconnected the server for you?

Have you experience in MP using AAI army then suddenly you got 30 UPS or below?

Have you experience in MP using Rampant Mod then you got low UPS just because biter wave by wave?

Have you experience in MP someone tell you throw out the big map, start new fresh map instead?

If you didn't experience any about situation wrote on above, I guess you didn't played Factorio MP part. or you didnt tried at 300ms and 20% packet loss with often lag spike to playing this game.

On my view, Factorio MP with MOD is a shit, like adaptive latency window that only let your input lagging and lagging on my feeling, how about to play RTS like command style to command charactor to do job instead? That will much better than real time input.

If you say, ah, this is same as another game too when you are lagging on 300ms and blahblah, I guess you didn't played like PUBG or War Thunder or League of Legion, they are responding at real time and correct latency feeling or further they hide the latency very well except League of Legion.
or you are right on Minecraft and which one game I forgotten.

Speaking about Minecraft, that remind me at Minecraft Beta 1.8.3 with IC2 BC RP mods installed, crashing, lagging, at finally map are filled solar to let your server TPS on 1 or 0.5. (when server running, TPS 20 are normal.)

It is sad of fact about many sandbox game doesn't has a MMO heart. Somehow Factorio MP are supported to 500+ peoples online at a server, however if the game still has map problem and input latency problem and replace "latency window" to another effective mechanism....

Sorry, I am done to speak out these, it let me feeling better after experience I described situation at above.

BTW, Factorio MP still has the surface max limit 254? https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... questions/

Ah, one more, little off the topic, but Have you experience in MP when you joined a server then after you suddenly got banned with no particular reason? or reason is you got desync on join?

If you going to say, why not you go to single player? Ah, fine, good luck for us.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I think, I should be not to play this game due Factorio MP issue and UPS issue

Post by 5thHorseman »

Disclaimer: I don't play multiplayer ("MP") so I have not experience any of what you ask, no.

It sounds like frame rate and ping are more important to you than accuracy of the simulation and granularity of the moving parts. You should probably stick to those games that do well all the stuff you personally like, and leave the games that do well what other people like, to those other people.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I think, I should be not to play this game due Factorio MP issue and UPS issue

Post by Koub »

nicefaturan wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:08 pm
Have you experience in MP your network somehow is fine but you always got 254 latency until you are using some VPN and or advanced tool has "Forward Error Correction" to help you stabilize the latency at ~34 or ~48 ticks latency?
The servers are not hosted by Wube.
If you have crappy connection without VPN, but good connection through VPN, the issue might be on your ISP's side. Some providers do weird filtering stuff.
nicefaturan wrote:
If you didn't experience any about situation wrote on above, I guess you didn't played Factorio MP part. or you didnt tried at 300ms and 20% packet loss with often lag spike to playing this game.
At 300 ms and 20% packet loss, I don't play MP, period. I'm a former MMO player, even at 5% packet loss, I consider the game unplayable (the difference being that on an MMO, I have little choice on the servers I play on). Maybe I'm just too demanding.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

nicefaturan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nicefaturan »

Koub wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:06 pm
nicefaturan wrote:
If you have crappy connection without VPN, but good connection through VPN, the issue might be on your ISP's side. Some providers do weird filtering stuff.
nicefaturan wrote:
At 300 ms and 20% packet loss, I don't play MP, period. I'm a former MMO player, even at 5% packet loss, I consider the game unplayable (the difference being that on an MMO, I have little choice on the servers I play on). Maybe I'm just too demanding.
Koub wrote:
At 300 ms and 20% packet loss
I think "At 300 ms and 20% packet loss" in this environment situation, it still has way to improve connection quality like apply FEC algorithm and sending same packet at twice. like, before you are "At 300 ms and 20% packet loss", apply the algorithm and sort of tricks, now you should be are "At 280 ms and 2% packet loss".
Koub wrote:
But it still are their works, they handle the programming code, and server is a environment that could they handle the situation to serve players.
nicefaturan wrote:
Sorry, I live on China.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

nicefaturan wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:40 pm
Sorry, I live on China.
Don't be sorry :). China is not the only place where ISPs do weird stuff (not even considering invasive-for-privacy stuff).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”