AMD 5700XT Driver Glitch?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ArnoldZiffle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

AMD 5700XT Driver Glitch?

Post by ArnoldZiffle »

I apologize if this was discussed but a search didn't yield anything related.

I just built a new system AMD Ryzen 7 3800x on an ASUS x570 TUF gaming motherboard with a Sapphire 5700XT video card.
BIOS was updated, Windows 10 is all updated and using all the latest drivers.

When I first reinstalled Factorio it ran great and no issues. I was using my older ASUS VG248QE monitor as my new monitor took a bit longer to arrive.

I bought an MSI Mag27CQ 27" (Free-sync) monitor and set it to run @ 2560x1440 and 144Hz. Once the new monitor was hooked up, I activated the Free-Sync and the Virtual Super Resolution through the AMD driver software.

When I loaded up Factorio this time, the screen kept glitching but only when I moved the mouse. The screen would blank out for about a second, the monitor would indicate Display Port and then Factorio would run normal. I could move with the keyboard but as soon as I moved the mouse it would glitch again.

I ended up disabling Free-Sync and the Virtual Super Resolution and the glitch went away (so far). My gut feel is it was one of those two settings causing the issue. I ran a couple other games with the settings enabled and did not see the glitch.

Can still play the game just find but wanted to put this out there in case someone else had the issue. Will update if I find anything else out.

Edit: Running latest experimental version of Factorio.
Edit 2: Verified it was the Free-Sync driver setting and not the Virtual Super Resolution.

djnono
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: AMD 5700XT Driver Glitch?

Post by djnono »

Nearly the exact same config (except 3900x, and a 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor) and I can't reproduce the issue
-- Amahashadow

Return to “Technical Help”