Got my rocket defense.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
icelom
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Got my rocket defense.

Post by icelom »

Ok I purchased this game 2 weeks ago and have restarted 3 times because i did not like how things were going. This third game i decided it would be best to finish to the end.

Finished the game in 14:29 not sure how good this is for time. (all normal settings)

The main thing I noticed with my playthrough compared to what I see on here and youtube is I ignored solar panels and accumulators completely. On my second play I felt I was spending too much effort getting together all the solar stuff and decided i would only bother if i felt i needed to on this last time. 60 steam engines were powered by solid fuel and 30 were powered by coal and it worked fine I had plenty of solid fuel to spare and was a good way to kill off all my excess light oil. I also only unsed steel furnaces, i think only one electric for bricks. Furthermore I went insane on efficiency module 1's as early as possible it made a huge difference to my power needs.

This left me feeling like steam engines are by far the best way to go over solar, they are cheap and easy... i basically had to kill all the aliens around me anyway for their alien goo so the extra pollution was not really noticeable, infact i got attacked less the my previous run (probably due to the insane amount of trees).

The game is fantastic, however here is what i think it needs.

- More power options (uranium? wind? i guess things like uranium are just driving steam engines but it would be nice to mine it and power some uber steam engines)
- Bridges or a boat
- Requester train car, would love a train car i could set as a requester that would have things like repair packs and turrets in it. to supply my train outposts.
- 3 way splitter (i know you can make one but it takes up a ton of room would be nice to have one... maybe that takes away from some of the skill of the game but its easly enough to look up how to make one on the internets o just having a 3 way splitter in game would be great)

My real take home is just how unbelievably good this game is... its the best game I have played in years. I tip my hat to the developers.

edit: also i remaped pick up item to my middle mouse botton and the game was improved greatly its hard to walk around while holding f.

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Got my rocket defense.

Post by Gandalf »

Hi,
most of your suggestions have already been suggested. See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=4806 ^^

As for solar power, imho the main advantage is that it just works. You never have to worry about fuel running out. Of course once you have enough oil sources so they can provide enough solid fuel at lowest output rate that'll work as well, but getting there is a lot of work. Solar fields can easily be automated and planted down as huge blue prints without further worry. The lack of pollution is really just a bonus.
also i remaped pick up item to my middle mouse botton and the game was improved greatly its hard to walk around while holding f.
That's a good idea! I've mapped it to ctrl (having it on f is really impractical) which works fine unless I need ctrl for something else while standing on a conveyor belt…
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Return to “General discussion”